HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Fedorov to Montreal

Old
12-17-2006, 10:02 AM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Rumor: Fedorov to Montreal

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Ho...41152-sun.html

Quote:
OTTAWA -- The Montreal Canadiens are looking for help at centre and could be eyeing veteran Sergei Fedorov.

Some whispers out of Montreal last week had the Habs looking at bringing in Fedorov to help the club try to stay in the playoff race.

Yanno, I love Sergei and what he's brought to this club, but clearing that $6 million off the books for this year AND next would be mighty, mighty tempting - but not in return for Niinimaa and Bonk.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 10:25 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Last night, as on most nights, I thought Feds was one of the best players on the ice. I love all the things he does for this team. I understand your point about getting out from under his contract, but I'm just not sure how we'd fill all the holes it would create if he was traded. On the other hand, I'd have to say that it might be appropriate for him to finish his career in one of the hockey meccas.

And, by the way, we should be giving them our first line center for two guys who they are unhappy with and want to clear from their payroll? Bullsh!t!!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 10:55 AM
213 Sentinel

I don't see this happening. They don't have anything we need in trade.

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 10:58 AM
futurcorerock

Why does every CBJ trade rumor always end up sounding like the other team is robbing us?

ANY trade for Fedorov is going to involve a highly touted prospect who can step in immediately. Not spare parts. If this rumor went down the pipeline in late February when we're throwing the towel in... I might understand.

The Canadian media really needs to start taking us seriously. Let's not forget who hasn't won a ****ing cup since '93.

Oh, that's right, their precious Canadian teams.

And anyways, there's a storied history of the CBJ screwing the Habs on the waiver wire, so we'll just pick both Ninni and Bonk up by those means rather than trading Feds.

futurcorerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 11:14 AM
CBJSlash

I think this would set us back next year. AND I DO NOT want that to happen. We have to get to the playoffs next year.

We'd basically be saving 6 million next year, because this year it will be deadline time and we would've paid about the whole contract by then.

I'd want Komisarek or Higgins and neither will happen so unless we could swindle an Adam Oates like 3,4 first round picks I'd have to pass.

CBJSlash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 11:20 AM
CBJSlash

For the record the Montreal board is slamming this rumor. No interest at all.

CBJSlash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 11:25 AM
beba91

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash View Post
lol yea but it's funny because they were the ones posting so many trade proposals about Feds going to MTL.

beba91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Halifax Hellfish

Why would Columbus give up one of the few guys that are producing for the right now???

Halifax Hellfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 11:31 AM
beba91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax Hellfish View Post
Why would Columbus give up one of the few guys that are producing for the right now???
To free up salary and not let the poor guy rot at the end of his career and give him a chance to get into the playoffs again before he retires...anyways Feds is staying here. Maybe by January if the team is not in the hunt for the playoffs anymore something might happen.

Old
12-17-2006, 11:41 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

funny, i thought feds was washed up.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 01:20 PM
cbj21

To ship out Fedorov now would be the same as quitting this years hunt and i dont think anyone is ready for that yet. Fed is just too important right now me thinks. if brule was showing more magic maybe it could happen.
Good to see Svitov getting it going, but maybe need some more scoring practice?

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 01:20 PM
disgruntledPSLholder

sure!

as long as we get koivu.

disgruntledPSLholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 01:33 PM
The Dancin' Beaver

Send a message via Yahoo to The Dancin' Beaver
Feds must stay! The break down we are seeing right now on the blue line because Footer is out would be nothing compared to the massive hole that losing Federov would leave down the middle.

The Dancin' Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Casework

If we are serious about the playoffs being a possibility this year or next - Fedorov is THE guy we want on the team. I don't care if he's 45, his experience and leadership is incredible and no one can match it. I said this to my friend... if the team makes the playoffs, no matter how weak they may play throughout the season as a whole, Fedorov, Modin, Foote, and Eriksson are going to earn their checks in the playoffs. Z or Svits doesn't know what to do when you get down 2-0 in a series. Fedorov does.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 03:18 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Montreal doesn't have a whole lot I like, except prospects, and I doubt Carey Price is on the Block...

J/k... I love Montreal (at least more then Toronto)

Feds isn't going anywhere, he's too valuable to this team off the ice, let alone on.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
God dammit - he better not get traded this season - just bought a size 52 RBK Authentic 3rd jersey with Fedorov on the back!

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 03:40 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Did anybody else notice that Svitov could have easily had a had trick against Chicago last night? probably could've had four goals...

Old
12-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
and add another SHOULD HAVE BEEN goal to that list in the 3rd period against Phoenix!

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash View Post
The bottom line is we know it's a joke, the source has filled the article with factual errors, it's clearly a fabrication of his own imagining. Oh sure, we'd love to have Fedorov, but the reality is we're jammed up against the cap (more like $43M than the $41M mentioned by Garrioch) and we couldn't fit in Fedorov even if we wanted to. Even if we could get him for the paltry amount mentioned. It just wouldn't work. And past that, we have a whole lot of free agents next year - both restricted and unrestricted - and we're going to have a hard enough time keeping the team intact as it is, there's no way we could bring in a player whose contract carries over to next year, especially at Fedorov's price. It would mean we weren't just trading Bonk and Niinimaa for him... we'd also in effect be trading Souray or Markov too, because we wouldn't be able to re-sign them. Fedorov is a pipe dream for the Habs. And of course, we also know there's no real reason for you to trade him, especially with the recent revival. The writer is a Sens writer notorious for his shoddy journalism. It wouldn't surprise in the least if he has no idea what the respective records of the Habs or Blue Jackets are.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Cyrrus147

I can tell you for sure that NO ONE wants Fedorov in Montreal. At 6M$ a year for the next 2 years, this guy is way too expensive for us since we need to resign 3 of our top 4 Dman for the next year.

Plus Fedorov production is not what it used to be, 6M$ for a guy who had 63 points in his last 92 games (0,68 pt per game), I really don't see why a team would be interess by this guy (unless he would be a UFA next year).

From what I read inside this thread, you guys doesn't seem to know our team very well. We have the second best record in the eastern conference, so I think we have at least a few good players. We didn't win the Stanley Cup since 93 just like the Packers didn't win the Super Bowl since a long time. It doesn't change the fact that hockey is extremely important here, the Bell Centre is full since 76 straight games and each hockey game on TV is watch by over 1 000 000 viewers on a cable channel who is avaible in only 3 000 000 households.

And you should take a closer look to our roster, your vision is far from being realistic.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
I can tell you for sure that NO ONE wants Fedorov in Montreal. At 6M$ a year for the next 2 years, this guy is way too expensive for us since we need to resign 3 of our top 4 Dman for the next year.
Disagree here, I'd love to see Fedorov in Montréal...

But that article is such a huge joke, with so many errors as Blind Gardien said, that it's hard to take it seriously.

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 05:30 PM
beba91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post

Plus Fedorov production is not what it used to be, 6M$ for a guy who had 63 points in his last 92 games (0,68 pt per game), I really don't see why a team would be interess by this guy (unless he would be a UFA next year).

From what I read inside this thread, you guys doesn't seem to know our team very well. We have the second best record in the eastern conference, so I think we have at least a few good players. We didn't win the Stanley Cup since 93 just like the Packers didn't win the Super Bowl since a long time. It doesn't change the fact that hockey is extremely important here, the Bell Centre is full since 76 straight games and each hockey game on TV is watch by over 1 000 000 viewers on a cable channel who is avaible in only 3 000 000 households.

And you should take a closer look to our roster, your vision is far from being realistic.

Relax there buddy..people from Columbus know their hockey and we jackets fans know what position you guys are in the standings. But we all know you guys don't have a great center after Koivu.

Old
12-17-2006, 05:33 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by beba91 View Post
Relax there buddy..people from Columbus know their hockey and we jackets fans know what position you guys are in the standings. But we all know you guys don't have a great center after Koivu.
it also seems strange that some Montreal Fans think this trade was OUR idea, eventhough it was reported by a Canadian source...

Or that any of us wanted this to happen even if it was true

I for one am very happy with Mr. McConnell's 6 mil a year investment thank you very much.

Old
12-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Kashew*

Send a message via AIM to Kashew* Send a message via MSN to Kashew*
Blasphemy!

Kashew* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Wisnutsen21