HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Fedorov to Montreal

Old
12-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Clumsyhab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 213 Sentinel View Post
I don't see this happening. They don't have anything we need in trade.
You kidding me? Montreal is 2nd in points in the Eastern conference and your team, 13 th in its conference doesn't find any players interesting? By the way, no way we pay Feds 6 millions next season.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 05:17 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

The article is a joke...."Montreal is looking for help to stay in the playoff race"???

They're 2nd in the East!

And it mentions that Montreal is unhappy with Bonk? He's one of the best players on the team right now and is out there in every important situation!

Terrible article, the rumour is bogus.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by beba91 View Post
Relax there buddy..people from Columbus know their hockey and we jackets fans know what position you guys are in the standings. But we all know you guys don't have a great center after Koivu.
I was not angry, it was just a answer to futurKOWrock who seems to have something against canadian team. I was just trying to get some facts straight.

I agree that we don't have a solid second line center (even if Higgins can play this position) but you need to understand that we are a 4 lines team so our 4 lines are all playing a fair amount of time. So even if our second line is not great, we still have 3 others lines who can score goals.

Look at the production of each lines

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder --------- 69 pts in 78 games
Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev -------- 49 pts in 96 games
Johnson - Bonk - Perezhogin -------- 34 pts in 96 games
Latendresse - Lapierre - Streit --------- 27 pts in 61 games

So the 1st line players are having a average of 0,88 pt per game
the 2nd line players are having a average of 0,51 pt per game
the 3rd line players are having a average of 0,35 pt per game
the 4th line players are having a average of 0,44 pt per game

Those lines are those we saw last night but there is a strong possibility that we will see them again against Buffalo.

So like you can see, our 4 lines are solid. So yes , we need a second line center but it not dramatic since we are relying on 4 lines instead of only 2 or 3 like most of the teams in the NHL.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 06:03 PM
QTMcWhiskers
Playoff Avatar Stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash View Post
For the record the Montreal board is slamming this rumor. No interest at all.
That's funny, because I think it's a cover-up to get Zherdev for Ryder, Perezhogin and a 2nd.

...oh wait

QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 07:07 PM
puckgoalnet

The post above by the habs fan got me thinking about our line production, so here's a comparison based on stats pulled today from tsn.ca

Nash - Fedorov - Modin ------------ 55 pts in 82 games
Svitov - Vyborny - Zherdev -------- 44 pts in 75 games
Chimera - Fritsche - Carter -------- 38 pts in 89 games
We really don't have a consistent 4th line ... but try this
Malhotra - Brule - Shelley --------- 14 pts in 85 games

So the 1st line players are having a average of 0,67 pt per game
the 2nd line players are having a average of 0,59 pt per game
the 3rd line players are having a average of 0,43 pt per game
the 4th line players are having a average of 0,16 pt per game

At this point Columbus isn't going to win a scoring comparison with anybody ... we just started the season very poorly (as we all know). But Hitch now has the team scoring goals, so I do think we'll start catching up with the 'elite' teams.

Comparing the lines like this makes it seem like we're not so far away.

puckgoalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 08:59 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

As a Fedorov fan 1st (a fan of his team 2nd), I'd like to see Fedorov stay in Columbus. If he hadn't already won 3 Stanley Cups I'd like to see him playing for a contender, but I love the role he's fulfilling in Columbus and if he couldn't play his last game in a Red Wings uniform, I'd like to see him finish his career with the Blue Jackets.

More on his role, it's cool to see Fedorov as a positive influence on the young Columbus forwards, and I really think his influence will continue to be felt after he's gone. He does have a high salary and for a lot of 'proven' teams $6M would be too much to pay, but for the intangibles he can bring to an up and coming team, he's worth it.

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgeniMarklar View Post
As a Fedorov fan 1st (a fan of his team 2nd), I'd like to see Fedorov stay in Columbus. If he hadn't already won 3 Stanley Cups I'd like to see him playing for a contender, but I love the role he's fulfilling in Columbus and if he couldn't play his last game in a Red Wings uniform, I'd like to see him finish his career with the Blue Jackets.

More on his role, it's cool to see Fedorov as a positive influence on the young Columbus forwards, and I really think his influence will continue to be felt after he's gone. He does have a high salary and for a lot of 'proven' teams $6M would be too much to pay, but for the intangibles he can bring to an up and coming team, he's worth it.
I never allowed myself to love Sergei when he was with the Wings (or any other team) but I always adored his skating and his pure athletic grace, power, and smarts. He is more valuable to this team than can be adequately expressed in stats, or salary, or numbers of any kind. If we were to trade Feds... we would have to have a Centerman, a Defenseman, and scoring Forward with exceptional vision and veteran experience sent back to us in order to replace what we lose in a Fedorov trade. As happy and as thrilled as I am with Nash in the post Hitchcock era - he's just still too young and busy developing to be a fullfledged, fulltime leader for this club. Feds is truly a six-million-dollar-man.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Casework

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckgoalnet View Post
The post above by the habs fan got me thinking about our line production, so here's a comparison based on stats pulled today from tsn.ca

Nash - Fedorov - Modin ------------ 55 pts in 82 games
Svitov - Vyborny - Zherdev -------- 44 pts in 75 games
Chimera - Fritsche - Carter -------- 38 pts in 89 games
We really don't have a consistent 4th line ... but try this
Malhotra - Brule - Shelley --------- 14 pts in 85 games

So the 1st line players are having a average of 0,67 pt per game
the 2nd line players are having a average of 0,59 pt per game
the 3rd line players are having a average of 0,43 pt per game
the 4th line players are having a average of 0,16 pt per game

At this point Columbus isn't going to win a scoring comparison with anybody ... we just started the season very poorly (as we all know). But Hitch now has the team scoring goals, so I do think we'll start catching up with the 'elite' teams.

Comparing the lines like this makes it seem like we're not so far away.
Wow, that's really not so bad, considering the team started the first two months of the season at the complete bottom of every scoring category. It's numbers like those that are really encouraging for the overall improvement of the team.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 10:41 PM
maniac

fyi guys that rumour was started in russia and not any where near canada or montreal

this deal doesnt make sense for both teams anyways

feds for the obvious reasons u guys stated

bonk is playing very well here and with johnson and perezoghin they are shutting down the other teams best line most of the nights

not to mention hes a ufa and is making 2.4 mill i believe and we will not resign him as we need that money to resign key dman that are also ufa and more important then him

as for janne well hes a ufa to and can sit in the press box for the rest of the yr he can show himself out the door!

also that low blow that last time a canadian team won the cup in 93 is pathetic i mean its like saying well in the old days when there was a few usa teams it was all canada teams winning the cup...get the idea lol

gl with ur season guys hope u make the playoffs!

maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 04:36 AM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Hockey/2006/12/17/2841152-sun.html

Yanno, I love Sergei and what he's brought to this club, but clearing that $6 million off the books for this year AND next would be mighty, mighty tempting - but not in return for Niinimaa and Bonk.
Montreal would be out of their minds to do this. This is a bogus rumor. Not gonna happen, zero chance.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 06:05 AM
213 Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
You kidding me? Montreal is 2nd in points in the Eastern conference and your team, 13 th in its conference doesn't find any players interesting? By the way, no way we pay Feds 6 millions next season.
No, I'm not kidding. We primarily need centers and defensemen. The Habs obviously play really well, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're stocked with great individual players. Guy Carbonneau has them playing like a well-oiled machine. The only names that stand out to me from your roster are ones you'd never part or we don't necessarily need: Koivu, Samsonov, Kovalev, Komisarek (I'd take him in a second).

Take it from a Habs fan of 20 years. What we'd want for Fedorov you wouldn't part with or what you'd offer we wouldn't need.

BTW: I'm going to see the Habs play the Lightning on 12/30. Can't wait!

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 06:44 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213 Sentinel View Post
No, I'm not kidding. We primarily need centers and defensemen. The Habs obviously play really well, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're stocked with great individual players. Guy Carbonneau has them playing like a well-oiled machine. The only names that stand out to me from your roster are ones you'd never part or we don't necessarily need: Koivu, Samsonov, Kovalev, Komisarek (I'd take him in a second).

Take it from a Habs fan of 20 years. What we'd want for Fedorov you wouldn't part with or what you'd offer we wouldn't need.

BTW: I'm going to see the Habs play the Lightning on 12/30. Can't wait!
You're wrong. We have a great offer for you:

To Mtl: Sergei Fedorov

To Clb: Sergei Samsonov(1st line player), Janne Niinima(great overall d-man) and rights to Alexander Buturlin(superstar in the making)

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 09:21 AM
213 Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
You're wrong. We have a great offer for you:

To Mtl: Sergei Fedorov

To Clb: Sergei Samsonov(1st line player), Janne Niinima(great overall d-man) and rights to Alexander Buturlin(superstar in the making)

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

I think we need him until Brule, Brassard, etc are ready to play top line center. I would also be suprised that anyone would take on that salary when they already have a dominant center. 6mil for a second line center is silly.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 11:18 AM
tgerace23

If we were looking to clear cap money we should get rid of Foote. Notice the amount of odd man rushes since Foote has been out (aside from the Chi game).

Foote like all our past captains cant play Hockey anymore. All of our captains are past their prime and hit the ground of the same cliff 3 to 4 times. Hes good down low but he cant keep it in offensive zone or when the other team is on the attack.

Not to mention he is now the slowest guy on the team since we got rid of Balastik.

tgerace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 11:22 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgerace23 View Post
If we were looking to clear cap money we should get rid of Foote. Notice the amount of odd man rushes since Foote has been out (aside from the Chi game).
Not sure what your getting at here? We have given up a lot more odd man rushes since he's been out and you want to get rid of him...huh..?

Foote is a stay at home defensemen so of course he's not gonna light up the scoreboad. That has never been his game. The last person we need to unload right now is a guy like Foote....or Fedorov for that matter.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 11:33 AM
tgerace23

Aside from the Chi game there has been like zero odd man rushes against us(when Foote has been out I mean).

I really dont think Foote is all he is cracked up to be, he makes way to much on top of that. Im not looking for him to light up the scoreboard, but I expect him to keep the puck in the zone and be able to defend when people are coming at him. He just seems slow. His +/- speaks for it self at -13 one of the lowest on the team. That is the lowest of the top 6 defensive guys, by a long shot. Hes just not that good not worth 4.6M he is getting paid.

Then look at Eriksson +5 and is getting paid $600,000. Hes fast, great poke check, able to keep it in the zone. Well round player, sure he doesnt beat up the guy in front of of the net or in the corners like Foote but he doesn't hand the other team goals like Foote either.

Old
12-18-2006, 11:39 AM
tgerace23

Btw, this "Rumor" just hit www.si.com

Old
12-18-2006, 11:39 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Aside from the Chi game there has been like zero odd man rushes against us(when Foote has been out I mean).

I really dont think Foote is all he is cracked up to be, he makes way to much on top of that. Im not looking for him to light up the scoreboard, but I expect him to keep the puck in the zone and be able to defend when people are coming at him. He just seems slow. His +/- speaks for it self at -13 one of the lowest on the team. That is the lowest of the top 6 defensive guys, by a long shot. Hes just not that good not worth 4.6M he is getting paid.

Then look at Eriksson +5 and is getting paid $600,000. Hes fast, great poke check, able to keep it in the zone. Well round player, sure he doesnt beat up the guy in front of of the net or in the corners like Foote but he doesn't hand the other team goals like Foote either.
You seem like you know hockey but to be fair Foote needs to be evaluated pre and post Hitchcock just like the rest of the squad. Hainsey's +/- was just as bad as Footes until the team went on a tear -- unfortunately that is when Foote went down thus he missed out on a lot of the benefit in that statistical category.

I certainly won't say that Foote has played his best hockey this year but I certainly know he is a much more improtant piece to this team than a guy like Eriksson...to say otherwise then your just not taking into consideration all facets of the game such as leadership, ice time, roles and physicality. How many times have you seen Eriksson thrown out onto the ice with a minute to go to preseve a one goal lead? Eriksson's played ok but lets not get carried away.

Also... when did all of these odd man rushes occur? I think we've done a good job containing those this year even when GG was steering the ship.

Old
12-18-2006, 11:41 AM
tgerace23

I just tend to think the guy with one of the lowest +/- on the team, making the second most money on the team is just a little. Wack.

Old
12-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Btw, this "Rumor" just hit www.si.com
what am i supposed to be looking at?

although the headline "Medalist from Asian Games fails gender test." caught my attention.

i think even I could pass a gender test...

Old
12-18-2006, 11:46 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post

although the headline "Medalist from Asian Games fails gender test." caught my attention.

I lend a hand PF as it seems like you've had a rough Monday...

Quote:
The Montreal Canadiens are looking for help at center and could be eyeing veteran Sergei Fedorov. The Jackets aren't shopping Fedorov and his $6-million U.S. contract, but the talk is president/GM Doug MacLean would be willing to listen if the Habs really are serious about making a deal.
-- Toronto Sun
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nhl/index.html

Old
12-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
I lend a hand PF as it seems like you've had a rough Monday...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nhl/index.html
i'm feeling a lil frazzled thanks Shelf

ok, so that's the rumor that started this thread...yes? so i can ignore this, right?

EDIT: yeah, i read this rumor on metroboards yesterday.

Last edited by Pluckfur: 12-18-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old
12-18-2006, 11:58 AM
evengodlovesthecbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post

It took me a minute to find as well..its in a box to the right...Truth and rumors, click NHL.
It says the same thing we have been talking about here...

evengodlovesthecbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 01:38 PM
calderone01

Don't see it mentioned anywhere, but DMGM was on 1460AM around 1:30 or so and Rimmer/Speilman asked him specifically about Feds as a trade rumor. DMGM said he has never spoken about Feds to any team nor does he have ANY interest whatsoever in moving him. Says he's by far the CBJ's best 2 way player, and is much to valuable in points and beyond to not have here.

calderone01 is online now   Reply With Quote