HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Fedorov to Montreal

Old
12-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frederixx View Post
hmmm... ok... in case you really are serious about that, here are some stats that might bring you back down to earth:

PASCAL LECLAIRE
2006-2007 3.03 .898
2005-2006 3.23 .911

CRISTOBAL HUET
2006-2007 2.29 .932 best in the league this year...
2005-2006 2.20 .929 best in the league last year!

Combined GAA for Columbus since Hitchcock, 2.16.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Game View Post
If the media needs to take Columbus seriously, Columbus will need to make it to the playoffs. Lets not forget that the league is compiled of 80% American teams, so right away you're not going to see a Canadian team winning the cup every other year. Yes, we haven't got a cup up here in a while, but it's hard for you to take a shot at the Canadian teams when the Jackets haven't even made it to the playoffs. Although there hasn't been any cups, both Edmonton & Calgary have made it to the finals in the past 2 seasons. As for the waiver wire, I wouldn't consider picking up Ninni and Bonk up off waivers "screwing the Habs"...obviously there's a reason they were put on waivers, and even those 2 guys won't get you to the playoffs.

Start with your goaltending...
You know what? I actually agreed with most of your post. I am obviously a Canadian, and proud of it. I lived in Alberta most of my life and was a huge Flames fan. In the late 90s I became "disenchanted" with the Flames, and decided to randomly choose one of the new expansion teams with no history or even players to cheer for. It turned out to be the Jackets. They are MY team.

I have followed them extremely closely over the years from way up here in Canada, and I can tell you that your last comment re. goaltending is way off the mark. Leclaire is still young and this is his first season as a number one goalie. I have seen him play live here with the Mooseheads and I know he is the real deal. Norrena has had great success in Europe and is now playing phenomenal as an NHL backup. For any goalie on any team, back to back shutouts is great.

Oh- and we don't all think we "screwed the Habs" by claiming Hainsey. It was just a solid pickup.

So please, goaltending is not what it takes to get noticed up here.

Macster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 08:16 AM
tgerace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj21 View Post
If you can come up with a quote where DM says Denis will NEVER ever be traded you have a valid point, but that you will never ever find so all i see is a Jacket fan so devoted in his hatred to DM that he will think and say anything to make him look bad when clearly you have nothing to bring to the table except vicious lies.
Like I said im glad hes gone. I didnt like Denis, but McClain needs the boot too.

And although the quote doesnt say "NEVER" its pretty safe to say McClain made it clear he "wasnt" going to trade him.

"I will not trade Marc Denis. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: He’s not going anywhere."

http://www.dispatch.com/bluejackets/...204-C9-01.html

Last edited by X0ssbar: 12-19-2006 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Flaming
tgerace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 09:18 AM
raindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
i can't believe this thread is still alive and kicking ...
Neither can I, but TSN is kicking in their two cents:

Quote:
Montreal Canadiens: Since Christopher Higgins went down with a sprained left ankle on Nov. 4, the Canadiens have reportedly been looking for help at centre and could be eyeing veteran Sergei Fedorov. Some whispers out of Montreal last week had the Habs looking at bringing in Fedorov to help the club try to stay in the playoff race. Even though Higgins has returned, adding some depth for a playoff push is never a bad idea - if you can afford it. The Jackets aren't shopping Fedorov and his $6-million US contract, but the talk is president/GM Doug MacLean would be willing to listen if the Habs really are serious about making a deal. - Ottawa Sun
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 09:19 AM
RedK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Game View Post
If the media needs to take Columbus seriously, Columbus will need to make it to the playoffs.
With all due respect - duh! For the media to treat any team with respect, they need to make the playoffs. Teams that don't do well in the standings get no coverage, or poor coverage. And that goes for Canadian teams as well as American ones.

RedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 10:25 AM
X0ssbar

Listening to the Doug MacLean interview from yesterday using that 'on-demand' function on 1460thefan.com. Doug talks very VERY highly of Fedorov...and is very passionate about him...absolutely no chance this guy goes anywhere and rightfully so.

Link -- scroll to the 25th mintue.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Casework

I don't get why the one thing people try to hold against Columbus is goaltending. Maybe I've been watching a different team, but that's been the one thing that has been solid all year.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote