HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Dirtiest players in the NHL? Biggest ********?

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 02:28 AM
imagine29028

vCash: 500
I am suprised no one has said Barnaby....I hate that mother lover

Old
12-01-2003, 04:26 AM
LaVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
There is a certain player (who shall remain nameless), playing for a West Coast-based team (which shall remain nameless), who has managed to take out two of our guys this season...I'd love to see someone take out a little retribution on him.

By the way, the names have been deleted to protect the victims...
Allen is by no means as dirty as the player he took out... Hatcher. he has a mean streak but is by no means dirty. however if you mentioned Ruutu or Cooke i'd have no objections.

Old
12-01-2003, 04:43 AM
Fire Bobby Clarke

I'll start wit Barnaby and Chelios..and for all the leaf fans saying this will be a leaf bashing thread, well with ******** like Tucker, Domi, and Marchment...What do expect...even though I am a Philly fan I have to admit Brashear can be a cheap shot artist at times as well.

Old
12-01-2003, 04:58 AM
H-Bear

30 posts, and not a single mention of Denis Gauthier?

Old
12-01-2003, 05:08 AM
Harry Paratestes

vCash:
Matt Cooke , Kirk maltby ..two of the worst ..kneeing , gabbing , slashing ...wont drop the gloves to even tie up their skates .
say what you want about Tucker at least he will drop the mitts .

Old
12-01-2003, 05:18 AM
sensfan18

Varada/Marchment, I'll give the edge to Marchment based on his history of Knee on knee collisions. Tkachuk is very close though, he seems to do something extremely dirt once a month.

Old
12-01-2003, 05:33 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine29028
I am suprised no one has said Barnaby....I hate that mother lover
Good pick. Extremely dirty and a pansie.

Old
12-01-2003, 06:14 AM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by incawg
Captain stickwork himself, Keith Tkachuk.
He is one of the dirtiest. Maybe he'll be traded to Toronto..........no, he's not over the hill so that wouldn't happen.

Old
12-01-2003, 06:28 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
I'm actually surprised with Marchment this year. He's calmed down quite a bit. I'm not sure if this is a good thing though, so has his play.

Tucker, say what you will, you either love him or hate him. Either way, he doesn't run away after pi**ing someone off and'll drop the mitts regardless of whether he know he's going to get his a$$ kicked or not (Rob Ray will confirm that), unlike quite a few other players (Ruutu, Webb, and Cooke most notibly).

Old
12-01-2003, 07:19 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
We can start with Billy Tibbetts and Joe Corvo for that "honour".
Tibbetts has mental problems; I'm not sure it's even fair to group him with the other emotionally stable types. Billy needs a friggin counsellor.

As far as my votes, I'm going with Marchment. He's always been a dirty *******, which was one reason I was glad Colorado didn't win the Cup with him on the roster. He was the total wrong fit for that team.

Varada is also pretty bad in this department.

Foote isn't a ******* at all (for whoever said it). What he is, is tough as nails. He can dish out the occasional cheapshot but he's by no means an artist. He's too important to his team and he knows it. Most penalties he takes are not for cheapshots.

Goalie-wise, Belfour is dirty. He is the only goalie I've seen who will slash an opponent behind the knees repeatedly if they stand near the crease. Other minders will jab a little or shove someone out of the way, but Belfour looks like he's got an axe in his glove sometimes the way he swings it. S*O*B.

That said, I can admit if he were offered to the Canucks or Penguins for a fair price, I wouldn't mind.

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 12-01-2003 at 07:22 AM.
Old
12-01-2003, 07:28 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Why Waveburner, have you forgotten Ruutu's deliberate kneeing of Stephane Yelle a couple of seasons ago? I believe it was the same game that Bertuzzi came off the bench to get into a mess with Parker and Jovanovski. That was pretty damn dirty.
Heh, I remember that game. That one was nasty all-around. Earlier in the game Bertuzzi knocked Ville Niemenin out cold with a really bad elbow too. Then Ruutu kneed Yelle, which sparked that whole melee. Parker went after Jovanovski (in no small part because Brash had been doing his "I'm too good to fight with you" routine for the whole game ) and then Bertuzzi came off the bench to get involved.

Oh yeah, the Canucks won 4-0 too.

For what it's worth though, I can't think of any particularly dirty play that Ruutu's been involved in since then. (No, Wild fans, the hit on Brandner was clean). I tend to agree that he's not so much a dirty player, but rather just a tremendous ***hole on the ice. And a huge diver of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Tucker, say what you will, you either love him or hate him. Either way, he doesn't run away after pi**ing someone off and'll drop the mitts regardless of whether he know he's going to get his a$$ kicked or not (Rob Ray will confirm that), unlike quite a few other players (Ruutu, Webb, and Cooke most notibly).
Tucker and Ruutu have the same number of fighting majors over the last 3 seasons (11). Ruutu's played about 70 fewer games though, so he actually fights more frequently than Tucker does.
Cooke, well...

Old
12-01-2003, 08:28 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
30 posts, and not a single mention of Denis Gauthier?
Yes, he took a run at Naslund the other night but fortunately Naslund saw him coming and jumped out of the way.

I don't mind when Gauthier ('Nucks are onto him and are pretty careful when he's on the ice) goes headhunting though b/c he continually puts himself way out of position and in doing so leads to all kinds of great chances for the other team.

Old
12-01-2003, 08:46 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Players that play dirty, or agitate and wear visors are the biggest cowards.

Tootoo
Cooke
Maltby
Gauthier

Hence, I dont have a problem with Tucker

Old
12-01-2003, 08:59 AM
Blueline29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
I am gunna say Matt Johnson, didn't he end Bukeaboom's career with a sucker punch.
Yep, that was him.

Old
12-01-2003, 09:04 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn
For what it's worth though, I can't think of any particularly dirty play that Ruutu's been involved in since then. (No, Wild fans, the hit on Brandner was clean).
Ruutu took a run at Bombardir for some reason at the end of a game last year in St. Paul. Wild were winning 5-3 or 5-2, Bombardir was coming off the ice (halfway onto the bench, really), and Ruutu ran him. That was kinda cheap. Coupla guys jumped on him right away though, so it's not like he got away with anything. The Brandner hit was on the edge of clean, but cheap. I think Cooke's dirtier, though.

Old
12-01-2003, 09:24 AM
MotownMadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98
Turco- it's very clear he studied well behind Belfour

Foote- I'd love to have him on the Wings, but it seems like he's always smacking someone in the back of the head.
I actually don't think that Foote is especially dirty (haven't watched him much this year). He IS an SOB to play against, but I don't think he's any dirtier than most. Pronger is the one who is continually trying to behead other players.

But my pick for dirtiest would probably still be for Marchment. Even over Johnson (I'd probably say Johnson would be the most gutless).

Old
12-01-2003, 09:24 AM
kchadden

bertuzzi

Old
12-01-2003, 09:45 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
Jarkko Ruutu.
how did I know someone was gonna say this?

Old
12-01-2003, 10:08 AM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by incawg
Captain stickwork himself, Keith Tkachuk.
So true, he is one of the most cheapest players in the game. Will never drop the gloves, but will always slash, and cross check to the head.

He gets my vote

ohhh...and jordin Tootoo, if the NHL actually emphasized the charging rule, there goes his career.

Old
12-01-2003, 10:36 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Bryan Marchment - No explanations necessary.
Keith Tkachuk - Dirty with his stick, in particular.
Matt Johnson - Sucker punch to Beukeboom ended his career, he also clocked Mattias Ohlund in the back of the head. Ohlund made a very accurate observation: "A stupid play by a terrible player."
Derian Hatcher - Always attacks undersized guys.
Gary Roberts - Not as much dirty as he is cheap, like Cooke and Ruutu. Hacks and slashes at people, talks ****, and never backs it up.
Scott Parker - His jumping of Ed Jovanovski still rings in my mind.

~Canucklehead~

12-01-2003, 10:43 AM
mrs9x

What about all-time?

I'd like to see what people would think about all-time cheap shot artists...

One of the biggest that comes to mind is Dale Hunter, especially with that spear on Pierre Turgeon back in 93 during the playoffs.

Marchment over the last 3 years or so has taken out so many knees that he should have been banned from the league for life.

Old
12-01-2003, 10:48 AM
MotownMadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs9x
I'd like to see what people would think about all-time cheap shot artists...

One of the biggest that comes to mind is Dale Hunter, especially with that spear on Pierre Turgeon back in 93 during the playoffs.

Marchment over the last 3 years or so has taken out so many knees that he should have been banned from the league for life.
I still can't understand why nothing happens to Marchment. I bet that there are a number fans who wouldn't mind seeing him sit out a year to teach him a lesson. Maybe Stars fans especially. I think he took out 3 Stars players in 1998 - surprise, all knee injuries.

Old
12-01-2003, 10:53 AM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

Bryan Marchment. All he is good for is trying to injure people.

Old
12-01-2003, 11:08 AM
No Quarter

What, No Peca?
That buffune is the dirtiest player in the game.

Old
12-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn
Heh, I remember that game. That one was nasty all-around. Earlier in the game Bertuzzi knocked Ville Niemenin out cold with a really bad elbow too. Then Ruutu kneed Yelle, which sparked that whole melee. Parker went after Jovanovski (in no small part because Brash had been doing his "I'm too good to fight with you" routine for the whole game ) and then Bertuzzi came off the bench to get involved.

Oh yeah, the Canucks won 4-0 too.

For what it's worth though, I can't think of any particularly dirty play that Ruutu's been involved in since then. (No, Wild fans, the hit on Brandner was clean). I tend to agree that he's not so much a dirty player, but rather just a tremendous ***hole on the ice. And a huge diver of course.
Actually, Bertuzzi caught Nieminen with his shoulder entirely; I remember a debate sparking up about that one at the time and Bertuzzi's hit was entirely clean (and considering how much I don't like Nieminen, I liked the hit too). That was a fun game and if you ask me, that 10 game suspension Bertuzzi got was the most important thing in Bertuzzi's career. And Brashear definitely had a helping hand in the whole mess at the end with Parker and Jovanovski. The Avs-Canucks rivalry was much funner for the neutral fan (like myself) when Brashear was a Canuck still.

I freely admit that I haven't seen Ruutu do anything as dirty as that deliberate knee-to-knee collison with Yelle since. That's a good thing. Just seemed like Waveburner was leaving out the dirtiest play Ruutu was ever involved in.

Closed Thread