HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Dirtiest players in the NHL? Biggest ********?

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 09:21 AM
SensGod

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeofWindsor
That is because we do not jump on one incident and label him dirty. Like others with the Domi - Niedermayer incident. It was a bad choice by Tie, but he is hardly dirty.

It seems to me that Leaf-Bashers think Tough=Dirty, at least when it comes to judging those on the Maple Leafs roster.
In regards to Domi, Tucker and Marchment...there is no arguing that they are dirty players. Maybe not every game but there have been moments more often than not they "make bad choices" as you so eloquently put it.

Domi - Neidermeyer
Tucker - where to start really...Peca incident? Sens bench?
Marchment - how many knees has he thrown out?

I'm not bashing the Leafs...but those 3 are the epitome of dirty players who are tough...yes...but "make bad choices" on a regular basis.

Old
12-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Owen Nolan does not punch Euro's in the back of the Head.

He punches them in the face, North Americans to.
Since Grant Marshall is not a Euro, then you are correct.

Old
12-03-2003, 05:34 PM
SensGod

Quote:
You make it sound as if Tie is the only guy to ever elbow another player. He checks clean, does not swing his stick around, and will take on anybody. Nothing dirty about Tie.
No...not saying that at all. Not too many people can claim that they sneakishly skated by a guy after the whistle has blown and the echo has left the building and then clock a guy into the next week with his elblow pad though...

nothing dirty...sheesh...

Quote:
Tucker? That hit on Peca was clean. Just because he came out of it injured, does not make it a dirty hit.
Huh? Now...I will admit that the likes of Peca deserved it...well...no one really deserves it...but you catch the drift. But if you end up blowing someones knee out with your glutius maxiumus...it's a low bridge my friend. Peca didn't even have the puck anymore...sure Peca was admiring his pass, but the fact that Peca had gotten rid of the puck a while's back...just makes it even worse.

Quote:
The sens bench incident? Well, Chris Neil spits at a teamate of Tucker's, of course he is going to get upset. Not to mention Neil not touching Darcy until the linesmen tied him up. Anyway, how is attacking a bench dirty? That would take a lot of balls.
Ah yes...are you refering to the "Magic Loogie" that Darcy was refering to after the game, and then said never appeared from Mr. Neil's mouth the next day?

You should go read the articles from the day after the game where he withdrew that comment about Neil spitting on a team mate. In case you didn't know, spitting on someone in the NHL is one of the most dispicable crimes you can commit and entails (if caught) a mandatory suspesion. Considering the fact that Ms. Darcy was very quick to withdraw the statement about Neil spitting, and that Mr. Neil didn't get a suspension...it makes you wonder who's lying and being dirty?

Quote:
Marchment, yes he has stuck the knee out on a few guys, but I have not seen him do it in a couple seasons. He has done nothing dirty in a Leaf uniform.
Give him a few more weeks until he gets beat on the outside by a speedy winger...he'll do it...history dictates it.

I don't know why you are defending these guys. It's a losing cause my friend...

Old
12-03-2003, 10:25 PM
lux_interior

I can't believe people are actually trying to say Tucker, Marchment, and Domi are not dirty.

They are. Accept it, and move on.

Old
12-04-2003, 12:10 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
You make it sound as if Tie is the only guy to ever elbow another player. He checks clean, does not swing his stick around, and will take on anybody. Nothing dirty about Tie.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.levett1/domi.avi

Notice him look around while hes punching and kneeing Burt, then run away and hide behind Kaberle when Richardson comes in.

If that isnt cheap and dirty, Id like to know what is.

Last edited by Steve L*: 12-04-2003 at 12:19 AM.
Old
12-04-2003, 07:16 AM
SensGod

I don't think that Brashear needs to be mentioned. He's one of those who you automatically put on a list.

Brashear is a punk...has no respect for anyone out there except for himself.

Old
12-04-2003, 07:27 AM
Methot Man
The Rhythm Methot

[QUOTE=MikeofWindsor]

Tucker is not dirty.

Are you being serious or are you joking?

Tucker is as dirty as Paris Hilton - deal with it.

Old
12-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
All time (as in all the hockey I've seen)...

The Samuelssons. They're just DIRTY, downright nasty.

Chelios and Marchment rank up there too.

Hatcher is actually OK except for those elbowing incidents and that time he mugged Demitra...

What I find most annoying are BIG guys that stickwork and play dirty. Tkachuk would be a good example.

Cooke, Ruutu, Maltby, Varada, Tucker... sure they're dirty, but they have a size disadvantage to start with, that's why they're dirty in the first place. Big guys shouldn't NEED to be dirty.

Old
12-04-2003, 09:47 AM
beerpaul*

Bryan Marchment: How nobody has taken him out yet is mindblowing.
Darcy Tucker: 999 Queen street is his next stop.
Joe Thornton: Seen him play junior, and some of the stickwork he did was very dangerous. I've seen him cross check an opponent full power in the throat. I've seen him purposely high stick people in the face(just missing their eyes). I predict he will seriously injure someone before his career is over.
There are many more: Keith K. in St. Louis, Sean Avery in Los Angeles, Dallas Drake...

Old
12-04-2003, 09:54 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerpaul
Dallas Drake
Name one player that Dallas Drake has injured.

Old
12-04-2003, 09:55 AM
SensGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Loose Cannon
Good god man. There have been over 40 players mentioned in this thread. And there are 3 leafs on it. You aren't being scrutinized...people are just stating their opinion and you guys are jumping to your players defence in a most Leafish of ways.

People have mentioned Varada...do you see sens fans reacting like you guys are? No...why? Because we can admit that at times Varada is a dirty player.

People have mentioned Thornton...do you see Bruins fans reacting like you guys? Nope...

etc, etc, etc...

Old
12-04-2003, 10:35 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwyck
Drake is known for hitting from behind. He's been suspended at least once for it. He did it last year in the playoffs to Jarkko Ruutu as well, though fortunately Ruutu wasn't injured on the play.

Old
12-04-2003, 10:40 AM
jiggs 10

Marchment
Ruutu (little weasel)
Tucker
Hatcher
Pronger (big weasel)
Chelios
Lindros (in his prime, that is)
Belfour

And for the record, Kirk Maltby CANNOT be called a dirty player. He is officially an "agitator", meaning he gets others riled up and goads THEM into taking stupid penalties, without taking them himself. That makes him SMART, not "dirty".

Old
12-04-2003, 10:50 AM
incawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs 10
And for the record, Kirk Maltby CANNOT be called a dirty player. He is officially an "agitator", meaning he gets others riled up and goads THEM into taking stupid penalties, without taking them himself. That makes him SMART, not "dirty".
Then why the heck is Ruutu on your list? That description applies to him as much - if not more - than Maltby. You can't have it both ways.

Old
12-04-2003, 10:53 AM
lux_interior

Quote:
They are only dirty if you cheer for one of the 29 other teams. Instead, they do what it takes to win. ACCEPT IT and GET OVER IT.

Christ what a bunch of whiners. There reputations are blown out of proportion (well, other than Marchment)
I don't have a problem with their dirty play. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Old
12-04-2003, 11:09 AM
beerpaul*

I know he seriously injured someone about 10 years ago. It may have been Roeinck or Modano...I'm not sure who the victim was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwyck

Old
12-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
there is a difference between dirty and gritty tough hockey though.
Yeah, in your eyes dirty is when another team does it, but if a Leaf does is, its gritty.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:28 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Next spring I will be interested in some of your sheep manure for my gardens, not now.

Actually, I am a REAL hockey fan and know the difference between dirty and gritty.
No you dont, youre a clueless homer who cant stand anything bad said about your team.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:58 PM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
I don't think Drake is dirty, but damn he's one mighty damn fine hitter, I love the way he plays and will back himself up if he has to

Old
12-04-2003, 02:23 PM
paxtang

How you can say Domi and Marchmant are not dirty is beyond me. I have no problem with their play, I actually like that kind of stuff if you will at least back it up, which they for the most part will, but to say they aren't dirty is just a lie. It's how they play, on the edge, and sometimes when you do that you go over the line. Domi has done some stupid stuff, the Neidemeyer incident for one, and the Flyers brawl one was just an absolute joke. He has also fought just about anyone. Marchmant can be just flat out dirty, but i also love his open ice hits.

I haven't really seen Tucker do anything dirty. The Peca hit is eh, and the Sens bench thing wasn't really dirty, just funny. Tucker is more a jackass than dirty.

My vote for dirtiest has probably got to be Varada. The guy will throw as many gloved punches as he wants, as soon as someone drops the gloves he turtles.

For my own team, Brash can be a dirty play as well. He is no longer and enforcer, and is more like an oversized pest who can beat up your favorite goon. Todd Fedoruk has done some dirty stuff, he is a stand up guy and follows the enforcer code, but sometimes he loses it (Benoit Gratton incident). Then again, I kinda enjoy it when a guy mouths off with no intention of fighting gets rocked.

Old
12-04-2003, 02:57 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariyaIsGod
Yes, you are a ***** if you try and protect your eyes...
Exactly. You can be just as cheap and not wear a visor.

Old
12-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior
I can't believe people are actually trying to say Tucker, Marchment, and Domi are not dirty.

They are. Accept it, and move on.
Yeah, its pretty funny, really.......

Old
12-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
No you dont, youre a clueless homer who cant stand anything bad said about your team.

Old
12-04-2003, 03:26 PM
knightdawg

It took 126 posts for some to mention Joe Thorton. I use to like him, but last night changed my mind. He got hit hard a couple of times on a shift by someone (I think it was Sutton) and as the lines were changing he skated by the Thrasher bench and hit Robitaille (the smallest player on the ice) from behind as he was about to step off the ice knocking him face first into the corner of the glass. I'd have to say that was the dirtiest hit I have ever seen in person.

Old
12-04-2003, 03:42 PM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
domi and tucker

Closed Thread