HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danny Gare

Old
12-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Nordique

vCash: 500
Shining a constructive light on this topic: My two wishes for our FSN broadcast crew would be this.

1. Jeff be more objective calling the games. I know you are a huge fan of the team and I think thats great, but play by play should be black and white, informative, descriptive, and always unbiased.

2. Danny, speak clearly, concisely, and with authority when making points or sharing insight. Mumbling, trailing off, or mispeaking a name doesn't lend to the wisdom you have to share with the viewing audience.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 10:10 PM
raindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Shining a constructive light on this topic: My two wishes for our FSN broadcast crew would be this.

1. Jeff be more objective calling the games. I know you are a huge fan of the team and I think thats great, but play by play should be black and white, informative, descriptive, and always unbiased.

2. Danny, speak clearly, concisely, and with authority when making points or sharing insight. Mumbling, trailing off, or mispeaking a name doesn't lend to the wisdom you have to share with the viewing audience.
3. Fire Jim Day.

raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 10:13 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-Lebowski View Post
Neil...you must admit your a bit one sided on this because you know Rimmer. I dont say they are bad people...just WHORIBLE announcers. But I have said this before.

Ill take this guy talking any day over Rimmer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoSAQIvVG0U
Oh thats right...we already had him once. 1000000 x better than Rimmer.
Cameron...You don't like Fedorov either, so it's over between us.
I'm dating a policeman poster now, but we can still be friends.

And yeah, I've gotten to know Jeff a little bit, but that was easy because I liked his work and he's not pretentious. He's real, --not like these homer-ex-jocks that typically get hired. Danny Gare is a solid hockey guy too. I think he'll win people over as he gets more comfortable in the booth.

And also I'm not overly critical about a job which I'm sure is 100 times harder than they make it look. Hockey isn't a slow game like football or baseball where they have plenty of time on their hands to come up with stuff to say. Mistakes at hockey speed are inevitable.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 10:22 PM
raindog

Let me offer one small defense of Jeff and Danny...I don't envy their job for one minute. I can't imagine trying to call the game from their perspective in the Nat, much less in some of the other barn's which I suspect are far less accomodating. Yes, we got a little spoiled with Brian around, but things change and times move on. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, a game that moves this fast is damn hard to comment on when it's happening immediately in front of you much less when you're in the rafters with someone speaking in your ear, someone else shoving stats in front of you, and the various mistakes that happen with a live broadcast. Personally, I would like to just be able to hear the on-ice sounds...no commentary at all. But until that happens, we can do a lot worse. And if anyone doubts that, look back through the GDTs...we all make bad statements that seem right in the heat of the moment. However, we only have to answer to each other...or not.

Old
12-18-2006, 10:27 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender11 View Post
Let me offer one small defense of Jeff and Danny...I don't envy their job for one minute. I can't imagine trying to call the game from their perspective in the Nat, much less in some of the other barn's which I suspect are far less accomodating. Yes, we got a little spoiled with Brian around, but things change and times move on. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, a game that moves this fast is damn hard to comment on when it's happening immediately in front of you much less when you're in the rafters with someone speaking in your ear, someone else shoving stats in front of you, and the various mistakes that happen with a live broadcast. Personally, I would like to just be able to hear the on-ice sounds...no commentary at all. But until that happens, we can do a lot worse. And if anyone doubts that, look back through the GDTs...we all make bad statements that seem right in the heat of the moment. However, we only have to answer to each other...or not.
Bender....I know you were at the Sat game stealing the ice sculpture, but when you got home did you play it back on the DVR and hear Leclaire in the booth all 2nd period? It was great tv. Rims and Gare spent less time trying to do play by play, and more time talking about the game with Pazzy. It was very refreshing. Pazzy did a nice job too. More of that please!

Old
12-18-2006, 10:33 PM
raindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Bender....I know you were at the Sat game stealing the ice sculpture, but when you got home did you play it back on the DVR and hear Leclaire in the booth all 2nd period? It was great tv. Rims and Gare spent less time trying to do play by play, and more time talking about the game with Pazzy. It was very refreshing. Pazzy did a nice job too. More of that please!
I have no idea what you are talking about...

Old
12-18-2006, 10:37 PM
disgruntledPSLholder

Quote:
Rims and Gare spent less time trying to do play by play, and more time talking about the game with Pazzy. It was very refreshing. Pazzy did a nice job too. More of that please!
haha, they hardly ever do play by play. most of the time they're going off on a tangent, then something happens and rimer's like "oh look at that a goal!"

disgruntledPSLholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 10:42 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender11 View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about...
Beer before, during and after the game will do that to you.

Old
12-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Byrral

I'm not too impressed with the announcing crew and especially not crazy about Rimer. Saying that I also didn't care for Engblom either and most poster here think he was great. Everyone has their own opinions and should be able to express them, positive or negative, but we don't need a thread a week to talk about it over and over. I choose to complain about the FSN coverage in general, the worst I've seen. A complete makeover is much needed.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Pluckfur

I meant to mention it before: Pasi during the 2nd period of the Hawks game was fantastic. I knew he was articulate and smart... but his ability to speak and communicate with ease and eloquence both surprised and pleased me. He was the best announcer in the house that night. 'course, he only had to outshine Rimer and Gare...

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Skraut

He also looked slick in a suit

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 05:23 AM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Ill agree there. That was fun to listen to that!!! I rather enjoyed just watching the game and hearing the guys talk to PL.

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote