HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

yoyo

Old
12-18-2006, 12:58 PM
McTusk

vCash: 500
CH Iggins, I find some of your posts leave me scratching my head, and then I read your reference to green tobacco. I mean it in a nice way too.

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH Iggins View Post
Trade Bouillon is not a NHL players, he can't hits, can't do poke check, he's a bad skater, Niinimaa hits 1000x more then him, Bouillon make all the MTL defensive weak and he's brutal on the PK, that why we're last in the league, oh and I forget, Bouillon played 31 games + all pre season and training camp and he's not good.... He's a fake quebecois and doesn't like the team....

Damn! Bouillon is awesome for a 6th d-men. He throw hits like a real train, c'mon guys don't hate the playa, hate the game.
lol! You remind of the guys who do the Habs games on RDS, you inflate Bouillon's worth to the Habs because he throws a few nice checks during the game + he's from Quebec, and that completely blinds you to some of the horrid mistakes he makes during the game. Since he's returned he's been below average and on some nights, just plain awful (that cross ice pass in our zone for a goal against comes to mind immediately)

Bouillon has certain limitations in his game, i'll give him alot of credit because he finds ways to overcome them when he IS on his game for the most part, which is why I have no problem with the coaching staff being patient with him while he finds his game, however, the Habs do have other options...Streit might not hit like Bouillon, but he's provent alot more reliable thus far while also bringing an added element offensively....and everyone here it seems knocks Niinimaa, but I don't find he's been as bad as everyone here says. Sure, there was a period during Dandenault/Bouillon's injury where Niinimaa played too much and was awful as a result, but since he's been the extra man and has seen limited time in games, he's been beyond reproach and even earned a whole lot of kudos from me when he came back from that puck he got in the face.

Nothing is ever gained for a guy like Bouillon, he's got to keep fighting and not assume he's arrived because of the contract he received.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 01:14 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
lol! You remind of the guys who do the Habs games on RDS, you inflate Bouillon's worth to the Habs because he throws a few nice checks during the game + he's from Quebec, and that completely blinds you to some of the horrid mistakes he makes during the game. Since he's returned he's been below average and on some nights, just plain awful (that cross ice pass in our zone for a goal against comes to mind immediately)

Bouillon has certain limitations in his game, i'll give him alot of credit because he finds ways to overcome them when he IS on his game for the most part, which is why I have no problem with the coaching staff being patient with him while he finds his game, however, the Habs do have other options...Streit might not hit like Bouillon, but he's provent alot more reliable thus far while also bringing an added element offensively....and everyone here it seems knocks Niinimaa, but I don't find he's been as bad as everyone here says. Sure, there was a period during Dandenault/Bouillon's injury where Niinimaa played too much and was awful as a result, but since he's been the extra man and has seen limited time in games, he's been beyond reproach and even earned a whole lot of kudos from me when he came back from that puck he got in the face.

Nothing is ever gained for a guy like Bouillon, he's got to keep fighting and not assume he's arrived because of the contract he received.
Oh man, you're right, I'm not a lover of french canadian players, its just, IMO, its normal that Bouillon was not 100% on the few first game, but last 2 games, against Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh, I think he made a great job. Bouillon will never play like a top pairing d-men, he's a bottom D-men, yes he's a little bit overpaid, but this guys let his hearth on the ice each night and this is money in the bank in playoffs.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH Iggins View Post
Oh man, you're right, I'm not a lover of french canadian players, its just, IMO, its normal that Bouillon was not 100% on the few first game, but last 2 games, against Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh, I think he made a great job. Bouillon will never play like a top pairing d-men, he's a bottom D-men, yes he's a little bit overpaid, but this guys let his hearth on the ice each night and this is money in the bank in playoffs.
On that I don't disagree...the dude has got the heart of a lion. And yes he is overpaid, but it's a question of a few 100 k's, so no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Old
12-18-2006, 01:21 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
CH Iggins, I find some of your posts leave me scratching my head, and then I read your reference to green tobacco. I mean it in a nice way too.
LOL!

I was *** are u talking about green tobacco ? Lol yes, I'm on hemp 24/7 365 hahaha.

Its just my english is plain horrible, so sometimes I write something but this is not really what i want to say, and when you're on hemp everytime, its more difficult to focus and try to write in a good english.

My post on bottom of the first page was just for all people who just complain everytime. I mean, its true that Bouillon isn't that good this year, but he throw hits and can made some nice passes. He's a number 6 d-men, thats mean he's not a PP quarterback and elite shutdown d-men. I like the job he's doing, but I don't really care if he get traded (something I doubt), true, few past games he was having big trouble to take out the puck of the corners, but let him 10 more games to make a real judgment...

Old
12-18-2006, 01:27 PM
GSK*

To 417:

You're right when you said Niinimaa isn't that bad the last few games he played when Souray was on Injury List.

But for a long run, i rather love having Bouillon on the number 6 spot then Niinimaa.

Offensivly right now, they're on the same edge.

The only things right now that pissed me off, its Rivet and Bouillon when they're on the point, THEY ALWAYS SHOT ON THE GUYS WHO TRY TO COVER THE SHOT... Every FN Time.

Old
12-18-2006, 01:59 PM
laubelroc

goto

would you rather have him hit you or pronger please.he his just to small in any league for a d man .you need some size when youre down low going for the puck.

laubelroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laubelroc View Post
Is there a worst defenceman now than bouillion .he is getting in trouble almost every shift giving the puck awt to often .they have to be careful against buffalow tuesday hell get burned.
Its really cute to see him jumping in the air, trying to high-five his teamates, when we score. I'm thinking ...why don't they get him a stool, so he can join in on the celebration?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 02:15 PM
laubelroc

Quote:
would you rather have him hit you or pronger please.he his just to small in any league for a d man .you need some size when youre down low going for the puck.

laubelroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Mike McPhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Yeah...he really got burned on that play.

What Bouillon does, he does well. A great #6 Dman.

Mike McPhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 02:19 PM
McTusk

Quote:
one more time wont hurt

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 02:26 PM
JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromage67 View Post
Wow, talk about different points of view. Bouillon has not been great so far this year, but I see definite improvement as the rust disappears.

I totally disagree with laubelroc and WEEB's analysis. Bouillon is an excellent lower pairing defenseman, very steady positionally. He delivers effective hits, usually stopping the rush and pumping up his team. He doesn't get beaten one on one. He moves the puck well with his skating. And the concerns about him not cleaning up the front of the net are pointless in 2006. Before the lock-out, that was a much bigger problem.

I would like him to improve his passing (accuracy and decision-making) but I reckon that's the effect of missing training camp.
Word

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 06:40 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB View Post
Bouillon has never been any good.

He can dish out big hits along the boards thanks to his low centre of gravity and is pretty good stopping the rush.

However, he is pathetic once the play is established in the zone. He cannot get the speed going to throw his weight around and thus is incapable of stopping the opposition. He can't clear the front of the net and gets beat very often in the corners. Moreover, he is prone to caugh up the puck and has alot of difficulty moving it out of the zone. On offense, he rarely hits the net with his weak shot and mostly always finds the way to get his shot blocked.
I agree regarding his play from the point. A guy as mobile as he is should be able to get his shot thru. I've never seen a guy whose shot is magnetically drawn to shin pads like his.

I think he can be streaky with the rest of his game. When they get hemmed in, it's not like he can use his reach to break up plays, but still, I think he's one of those players that if you evaluate him skill by skill, he doesn't sound that good, but overall he plays a good game. He has to round into form, and the team isn't paying a price right now. Rivet and Souray had a shaky start and they played thru it.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
When i watch the habs.

Saying: "Bouillon" quickly follow by that kind of emotion: Is UNUSUAL.

Just watch most other teams no.5 and no.6 D-men. You'll soon realize how lucky we are with the bottom pairing D we got over here.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 12:19 AM
madbox

Like someone said, Carbo's need to use him key situations gets frustrating. Like against the Devils with less than 10 seconds to go in OT. On the PK. There's Franky B. WHY?? His positioning failed. We lost. I also realize he missed a lot of skating time leading up to camp and early season game action, but recently seeing him just watch as Malkin skated behind him to the net by himself on Saturday really bugged me. What was that?

I don't hate the guy at all, I just prefer him in small(er) amounts.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 08:02 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Its really cute to see him jumping in the air, trying to high-five his teamates, when we score. I'm thinking ...why don't they get him a stool, so he can join in on the celebration?
Randy Newman ? That you ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbox View Post
Like someone said, Carbo's need to use him key situations gets frustrating. Like against the Devils with less than 10 seconds to go in OT. On the PK. There's Franky B. WHY?? His positioning failed. We lost. I also realize he missed a lot of skating time leading up to camp and early season game action, but recently seeing him just watch as Malkin skated behind him to the net by himself on Saturday really bugged me. What was that?

I don't hate the guy at all, I just prefer him in small(er) amounts.
I agree completely...I don't mind Bouillon at all in a # 6 role, playing a regular shift, but he's got no business on the PP & PK if you ask me. He gets exposed in those situations, especially on the PK where the majority of the play happens deep in the zone.

I like the fact that we can play anyone in our top 6 in any kind of situations, but like you said, in OT on the PK with 10 seconds left??? There's better options

Old
12-19-2006, 08:28 AM
NewHabsEra*

what cant we read..

It was to expect that Bouillon would take some time to come back at the level he was before his injury, he hadnt played for a long time and you arent comfortable when you come back after a severe injury..

I liked his game against Pittsburg and I think he is improving game after game.. Bouillon is a solid NHL defenseman, just give him a rest ****..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 08:30 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I agree completely...I don't mind Bouillon at all in a # 6 role, playing a regular shift, but he's got no business on the PP & PK if you ask me. He gets exposed in those situations, especially on the PK where the majority of the play happens deep in the zone.

I like the fact that we can play anyone in our top 6 in any kind of situations, but like you said, in OT on the PK with 10 seconds left??? There's better options
Desagree.. When Bouillon is at his best, he is pretty solid on PK.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
what cant we read..

It was to expect that Bouillon would take some time to come back at the level he was before his injury, he hadnt played for a long time and you arent comfortable when you come back after a severe injury..

I liked his game against Pittsburg and I think he is improving game after game.. Bouillon is a solid NHL defenseman, just give him a rest ****..
my beef with the coaching staff using Bouillon is tough situations goes back a few years, even when Bouillon is healthy. I realize that he's an above average # dman when compared to the rest of the league, but that doesn't mean he should be seeing 20 + minutes a game and a regular PK and PP shift.

Bouillon is at his best when he's used 15-18 minutes a game. That's the only point i'm trying to make.

Old
12-19-2006, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Desagree.. When Bouillon is at his best, he is pretty solid on PK.
Ugh! I don't know about that...he does show a willingless to block shots though, so i'll give him that. The problem with Bouillon on the PK is...He has trouble clearing the puck out of the zone, his clearout attemps almost always get intercepted at the blueline. Most forwards can establish position down low on Bouillon, he also doesn't tie up opposing players sticks around the crease. His reach isn't long enough to be active in the passing lanes...

But as i've said, these are limitations in Bouillon's game, it isn't for a lack of effort. So I can live with that, I just wished the coaching staff took more notice of this and found ways to protect him from being in those situations.