HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Trade Proposal Thread-All proposals and speculation here please.

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2006, 01:14 AM
NickHanson

vCash: 500
To Tampa:

Scott Niedermayer
Joe Thornton
Jean Sebastian Giguere

To San Jose:

Dmitri Afanasenkov

To Anaheim:

Marc Denis

_________ sign here.

(obviously, just playing)

Old
12-19-2006, 05:36 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic39 View Post
Well, normally I try to stay away from here but seeing something so absurd, I also had to reply.

So we've got Prospal who hasn't scored but once in 22 games, Fedotenko's serving popcorn, Richards isn't living up to his contract, Sarich can't remember what team he plays for, and the coaches keep waiting for the PP to wake up despite not making significant strategy changes and Dan Boyle is the problem "because his plus/minus is the worst?"

In the spirit of Christmas, this is where you'd like to see a Dickens like vision of what life would be like in Tampa without Dan Boyle.

If you think it's bad now, you haven't seen anything yet.

Lightning Nation at its best.
I'm not trying to be insulting here but I was just wondering something: This team hasn't won a game in almost two weeks so how much worse would it be if Dan Boyle wasn't in the lineup?

And I'm sorry but his -6 is a direct indicator of his play. By way of comparison, Sarich and Pratt are both at +3 right now. No, they don't have the points but obviously the team performs better when they are on the ice then when Boyle and Ranger (also a -6) are out there. I would glady trade Boyle's 22 points for a guy who is going to play defense and help his team. Boyle is just not doing that. Again, I don't think he is the whole problem but I think he is a main cause. His costly mistakes in his own end have cost this team more than his 22 points have helped IMO.

Old
12-19-2006, 09:34 AM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Quote:
So we've got Prospal who hasn't scored but once in 22 games, Fedotenko's serving popcorn, Richards isn't living up to his contract, Sarich can't remember what team he plays for, and the coaches keep waiting for the PP to wake up despite not making significant strategy changes and Dan Boyle is the problem "because his plus/minus is the worst?"
Or personnel changes; why have the same people who can't get the job done on each PP? If it ain't workin', change 'em up!

Old
12-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Oceanic39*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
I'm not trying to be insulting here but I was just wondering something: This team hasn't won a game in almost two weeks so how much worse would it be if Dan Boyle wasn't in the lineup?

And I'm sorry but his -6 is a direct indicator of his play. By way of comparison, Sarich and Pratt are both at +3 right now. No, they don't have the points but obviously the team performs better when they are on the ice then when Boyle and Ranger (also a -6) are out there. I would glady trade Boyle's 22 points for a guy who is going to play defense and help his team. Boyle is just not doing that. Again, I don't think he is the whole problem but I think he is a main cause. His costly mistakes in his own end have cost this team more than his 22 points have helped IMO.
Does anyone here really think Dan Boyle is on the team for his defensive presence?

Yes, the team has lost - but they're scoring goals. Take Boyle away and the goals stop, too. Then you have no shot at all of winning. At least now there's a shot.

The reason Boyle gets that much time is he's the only dman capable of carrying the puck up the ice or making a good first pass out of the zone. Could that be why basically all the other dmen don't have decent assist totals? He's also the only other dman outside of Ranger that can skate more than average speed. You can't just look at stat totals - be it +/- or points when determining true value to a club.

As for Boyle being a true No.1 dman - in the traditional sense, no, he's not. So in that sense, the TBL are like more than 50% of the clubs in the league. You're not getting a Pronger-type dman anymore.

Boyle is a first pair guy that needs and has always needed a strong complimentary defensive partner. Kuba's a decent No.3/4. Ranger's a 5 at this point and Sarich and Pratt and Richardson are struggling to stay 6/7.

You don't find 50 point defenseman on trees - even if they aren't the best defensive dman on your team. You can't piss someone like that away. Considering their rarity and the fact you're not going to get another one by dealing this one - that IS pissing him away. Unless, of course, you're willing to deal Lecavalier off. But even then, why if a team had a true No.1 (or two if you're the Ducks), give one up?

Last edited by Oceanic39*: 12-19-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old
12-19-2006, 03:09 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Does anyone here really think Dan Boyle is on the team for his defensive presence?

Yes, the team has lost - but they're scoring goals. Take Boyle away and the goals stop, too. Then you have no shot at all of winning. At least now there's a shot.

The reason Boyle gets that much time is he's the only dman capable of carrying the puck up the ice or making a good first pass out of the zone. Could that be why basically all the other dmen don't have decent assist totals? He's also the only other dman outside of Ranger that can skate more than average speed. You can't just look at stat totals - be it +/- or points when determining true value to a club.

As for Boyle being a true No.1 dman - in the traditional sense, no, he's not. So in that sense, the TBL are like more than 50% of the clubs in the league. You're not getting a Pronger-type dman anymore.

Boyle is a first pair guy that needs and has always needed a strong complimentary defensive partner. Kuba's a decent No.3/4. Ranger's a 5 at this point and Sarich and Pratt and Richardson are struggling to stay 6/7.

You don't find 50 point defenseman on trees - even if they aren't the best defensive dman on your team. You can't piss someone like that away. Considering their rarity and the fact you're not going to get another one by dealing this one - that IS pissing him away. Unless, of course, you're willing to deal Lecavalier off. But even then, why if a team had a true No.1 (or two if you're the Ducks), give one up?

Obviously we are never going to see eye to eye with this. But I will say this; Kuba has as many assists as Boyle, has two less goals and is a +4. He has 18 less penalty minutes and averages 5 minutes less ice time. I'd be willing to part with Boyle and take my chances with Kuba because he plays much better defense. Dan Boyle's offense is NOT winning games for the Lightning but his total lack of defense is losing games for the Lightning.

Old
12-29-2006, 10:27 AM
gobolt7

From the Ottawa sun:

Quote:
- The Tampa Bay Lightning are willing to move winger Vaclav Prospal, a natural centre. He makes $1.9 million, but the word is the Bolts have had several discussions with the Chicago Blackhawks and are close to finding a fit to get a deal done.
http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Sena...59167-sun.html

As I said in the GDT, Dudley was scouting us last night.

Old
12-29-2006, 11:51 AM
missK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
From the Ottawa sun:

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Sena...59167-sun.html

As I said in the GDT, Dudley was scouting us last night.
About the article above, I only have three words:

By BRUCE GARRIOCH

Old
12-29-2006, 12:01 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post

By BRUCE GARRIOCH
In most cases, I would agree. However, after last night, I cant. I had a great view of the press box, (and nothing on the ice to entertain me a good portion of the evening.) and saw Dudley conversing with Bill Barber a good portion of the evening, and totally ignoring Bobby Clarke and the Philly people. You know what they say about where there is smoke...

Old
12-29-2006, 12:47 PM
NickHanson

Well, good bye Vinny #20.

Old
12-29-2006, 03:12 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
In most cases, I would agree. However, after last night, I cant. I had a great view of the press box, (and nothing on the ice to entertain me a good portion of the evening.) and saw Dudley conversing with Bill Barber a good portion of the evening, and totally ignoring Bobby Clarke and the Philly people. You know what they say about where there is smoke...

I'm just trying to figure out who would be involved from the Hawks end. Duncan Keith is the only guy I would even consider wanting from them on the D side of things. Seems like an odd team to be chatting with unless it is to start dumping salary. Any other opinions???

Oddly enough Jassen Cullimore makes 1.9 million.

Old
12-29-2006, 03:53 PM
boltsgirl41922

Send a message via AIM to boltsgirl41922 Send a message via MSN to boltsgirl41922
No-Twitch Tabitha - I like the way you think

Old
12-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Tokala

Quote:
I'm just trying to figure out who would be involved from the Hawks end. Duncan Keith is the only guy I would even consider wanting from them on the D side of things. Seems like an odd team to be chatting with unless it is to start dumping salary. Any other opinions???

Oddly enough Jassen Cullimore makes 1.9 million.
Trading or salary dump depends on what Feaster thinks they can do in the 2nd half of the season. I'd prefer a younger, cheaper, guy over Cullimore. This sentimentality of Feaster to re-tread ex-Lightning guys is approaching dementia.

Old
12-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Hawkeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post

By BRUCE GARRIOCH
Yeah, has he ever put anything out that came true, especially about the Lightning?

Old
12-31-2006, 12:16 PM
shawnmullin

Send a message via AIM to shawnmullin Send a message via MSN to shawnmullin
What is Boyle's contract status? Is he an upcomming UFA?

Old
12-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmullin View Post
Dan Boyle (signed 8/9/05)
3-year contract through 2007-2008
'07-'08 salary: $3,625,000
'06-'07 salary: $3,625,000
'05-'06 salary: $2,750,000
*3-years averaged for CBA Cap purposes - $3,333,333 per season

He also has a NTC

Old
12-31-2006, 12:32 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
I am sure we could arrange a deal if you were really interested.

Old
12-31-2006, 12:45 PM
shawnmullin

Send a message via AIM to shawnmullin Send a message via MSN to shawnmullin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The XO Sniper View Post
Dan Boyle (signed 8/9/05)
3-year contract through 2007-2008
'07-'08 salary: $3,625,000
'06-'07 salary: $3,625,000
'05-'06 salary: $2,750,000
*3-years averaged for CBA Cap purposes - $3,333,333 per season

He also has a NTC
Wow, that's a terrific deal in this market. Why on earth would he be available? Maybe that's why he's not.

If he's on the market and I'm Kevin Lowe some major talent would be avaliable to Tampa to make it happen.

Start with a 1rst round pick and one or two prospects I'd say.

Old
12-31-2006, 01:06 PM
Peter Griffin

Apparently the Canucks have called about Ruslan Fedotenko. What would the Lightning be looking for in return? Any interest in Matt Cooke?

Old
12-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Wow, that's a terrific deal in this market. Why on earth would he be available? Maybe that's why he's not.
I don't think he's available. Just some people on this board want to see him traded.

Old
12-31-2006, 02:52 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I don't think he's available. Just some people on this board want to see him traded.
We have a winner!

Old
12-31-2006, 03:08 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Apparently the Canucks have called about Ruslan Fedotenko. What would the Lightning be looking for in return? Any interest in Matt Cooke?
How about goalie of yours? What's his name again?

Old
12-31-2006, 03:09 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post

No, who would that be?

Old
12-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
How about goalie of yours? What's his name again?
Oh! Danny Sabourin? Well, throw in a 2nd round pick with Fedotenko, and it's a deal.

Old
12-31-2006, 04:36 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Oh! Danny Sabourin? Well, throw in a 2nd round pick with Fedotenko, and it's a deal.

Nice one!!!

Old
01-02-2007, 07:35 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Quote:
No, and that's a fair statement. But, and I know this is anecdotal, I'm watching (late 1st period, right after Montreal goal) Boyle make two terrible passes back to back right near the Bolts goal. They were from a lack of effort or a brain lock or both and put unreal pressure on our shellshocked goaltender. I don't care if Boyle gets outmuscled or even outplayed, but geez, he, of all people, has to keep his head in the game. If he were ONLY killing the team from a purely defensive standpoint, I wouldn't care so much, but he's not.

Closed Thread