HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Playoffs? We're talking about playoffs?

Old
12-19-2006, 09:39 PM
EspoWorld

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugg View Post
We just need to take care of our own business and everything else will fall into place.
Best point in the thread, Hugg. This is absolutely right.

It's way too early for anyone to turn our chances into a mathematical equation. CBJ has to keep winning more than it loses, it's as simple as that. Let's keep doing that for another 10 to 20 games and see where we're at.

If this team can get near the .500 mark by the half-way point or so, the team is in the race. I'm not sure the 8th place team will have as many points as last year. The Northwest division could all settle around .500.

There are many games left to play. Their are teams that will collapse, and there are teams that will rise.

The CBJ, like a little holiday miracle, are on the rise.

EspoWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Byrral

Those stats are just incredible to look at. Thanks for posting them cbj21.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Scrappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspoWorld View Post
Best point in the thread, Hugg. This is absolutely right.

It's way too early for anyone to turn our chances into a mathematical equation. CBJ has to keep winning more than it loses, it's as simple as that. Let's keep doing that for another 10 to 20 games and see where we're at.

If this team can get near the .500 mark by the half-way point or so, the team is in the race. I'm not sure the 8th place team will have as many points as last year. The Northwest division could all settle around .500.

There are many games left to play. Their are teams that will collapse, and there are teams that will rise.

The CBJ, like a little holiday miracle, are on the rise.
Well said, EspoWorld. Well said.

Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Ar-too

Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
One thought I had while driving home from Polaris yesterday was this: it's nice to beat a few good teams (Dallas, Colorado, etc.) and then have a disappointing loss to Chicago (and) or Phoenix and then follow it up with a win against Detroit.

In the past, we used to always have the disappointing losses, but we'd never surround them with 4 quality wins.

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 07:21 AM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
HUGE two points tonight - we can pass LA and get to within 7 points of 8th with a win.

Go Jackets!

DJAnimosity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 08:42 AM
BigBJFan

You guys are a little naive. In the early days at Dallas and Philly, the fans heaped praises on Hitchcock too. He wins early and then loses soon after. I would prefer we had a better coach and not a guy who is a flash in the pan.

BigBJFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 08:49 AM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Thanks for the insight. It's always nice when a hockey expert comes into our forum and learns us a thing or two about the finer points of the sport.

DJAnimosity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 08:52 AM
falcor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBJFan View Post
You guys are a little naive. In the early days at Dallas and Philly, the fans heaped praises on Hitchcock too. He wins early and then loses soon after. I would prefer we had a better coach and not a guy who is a flash in the pan.
i prefer "hopeful".

this is a whole new ballgame for hitch in the "new NHL". i, for one, am more than willing(and able) to give him a chance. he has done wonders for our club so far. besides...after tanking the first half of the season and winning when it's too late, i'll take winning early and tanking later any day.

dood didn't win a cup with magic beans.

falcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 09:05 AM
tgerace23

The best Gallant team we had would have gotten Destroyed by the worst Hitch team we have had.

tgerace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 09:39 AM
EspoWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBJFan View Post
Better check your temperature there, bub. Maybe you're hallucinating or something.

Hitch's all-time record heading into the CBJ job was 408-227-122.

Now when exactly did all the losing start? After a long string of 45-win seasons?

Any franchise would take that kind of losing.

EspoWorld is offline   Reply With Quote