HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rory now no.2 in the West

Old
12-20-2006, 11:04 AM
e-e

vCash: 500
it's official!!

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid...e&service=page

e-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Mad Habber

No matter how you want to improve the all-star game itself, it seems pointless to me. These are millionaires looking for their next contract. So getting hurt in a meaninless game and having a chance to lose their livelyhood just doesn't make it worthwhile for your average NHLer. In the 70s, they played harder because none of the players were rich and they just basically played for pride. As time went on, and players got to make more and more money, the game got to be more and more of a joke, because players were trying less and less.

If Rory gets in, great. This voting process doesn't reward anything. I don't see any reason why Raycroft should be on the ballot whatsoever.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
As much of a joke you guys might think this is, Rory Fitzpatrick in the all star game is probably the only thing that could make me tune in and watch. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
agreed

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 12:05 PM
e-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
No matter how you want to improve the all-star game itself, it seems pointless to me. These are millionaires looking for their next contract. So getting hurt in a meaninless game and having a chance to lose their livelyhood just doesn't make it worthwhile for your average NHLer. In the 70s, they played harder because none of the players were rich and they just basically played for pride. As time went on, and players got to make more and more money, the game got to be more and more of a joke, because players were trying less and less.

If Rory gets in, great. This voting process doesn't reward anything. I don't see any reason why Raycroft should be on the ballot whatsoever.
he's a leaf

e-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
lol

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/219668.html

...oh man, I hope he makes it... just to show the NHL how much of a joke their system is for the starting lineup.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

And remember, next year, Mark Streit you guys. We need to show our spirit and vote in Streit as both a forward and a defensemen.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Chocho39

Souray is the #2 in the EAST !!!

Very close With McCabe, it's time to make sure he's in !

Chocho39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 02:52 PM
habitue*

If Fitzpatrick get the required votes, do you think he will show up for the Game, or just refuse or say that he is injured ?

Anyway, it is a BIG joke. Let the coaches and GM's vote next time.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 04:09 PM
buddahsmoka1

Does anyone know where this whole campaigne started? I remember first hearing about it on here but i never really knew where it actually came from.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Ross MacLochness

I just love how the All-Star game used to be this big joke to everyone, but now that the Rory campaign started up we've got people coming out of the woodwork to claim the All Star game is this highly-anticipated and talked-about display of incredible skill and excitment, that every kid growing up dreams to be a part of.

Bulls---! The NHL allstar game has always been a complete bore and this is the first time in like 6 years I'll be watching.

People who are anti-Rory make me sick.

Last edited by Ross MacLochness: 12-20-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 04:29 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
I just love how the All-Star game used to be this big joke to everyone, but now that the Rory campaign started up we've got people coming out of the woodwork to claim the All Star game is this highly-anticipated and talked-about display of incredible skill and excitment, that every kid growing up dreams to be a part of.

Bulls---! The NHL allstar game has always been a complete bore than this is the first time in like 6 years I'll be watching.

People who are anti-Rory make me sick.
How awesome would it be to see rory come on the ice when they annonce the starting lineup
The NHL needs to realize that voting really isn't the proper way to decide anything

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote