HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

GDT 12/19/06 TB @ Washington

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Tokala

vCash: 500
Would someone smack them and explain that it's a hockey game and not a suspense movie. 3 goal leads at 2 different times and they still try to hand out early Christmas presents.

On the positive side, 2 points and a win! How long has it been?

Old
12-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Bish please
...You're hateful.

vCash: 169
Send a message via MSN to Bish please

When the Lightning are playing Socom on PSPs the Europeons have to be the terrorists.

I am loving these "behind the scenes" Inside The Lightning episodes, much better than when they did biographies of the players. I like Rob DiMaio as much as the next one but I don't care about his childhood pets.

Old
12-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Hockeyfan02

Nice result to see. 3rd period must have been dreadful from what I've read but hey 2 points is 2 points (first time have been able to say that in a few weeks). Wish I could have seen the game, but they don't have sun sports in Colorado. Did see the highlights on VS though...amazing two PP goals from guys going to the net, what a concept. Congrats to Vinny on his 200th and hopefully this can build the team's confidence up a bit.

Old
12-19-2006, 09:15 PM
missK

Ok I have to say it's not that this team has no heart IMO it's that our go-to players have run out of gas in the 3rd!! The top 4 are playing waaay too many minutes to be effective in the 3rd.

Old
12-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 10300
Awards:
A win is a Win I'll take it...

Here's an interesting link on why the game looked like crap on the TV...
Quote:
If the television broadcast of Tuesday’s game appears different it’s because the telecast was run with a skeleton crew. The Sun Sports production crew were blindsided by a walkout of the television crew around 4 p.m. Tuesday, leaving few people to operate all the equipment and, more importantly, the cameras
http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sp...ts/a-walk-out/

12-19-2006, 09:29 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristia28 View Post
Here's an interesting link on why the game looked like crap on the TV...
So did the Sunsports people walk out? Or was it Washington based people that walked out?

Old
12-19-2006, 09:36 PM
missK

Sunshine doesn't take their cameramen on roadtrips they contract it out to local people for away games. The local cameramen walked out.

Old
12-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
It's 2 points. Vinny and Marty still look awesome.

Now that that's out of the way.

This team did EVERYTHING they could to give this win back tonight. Very lazy play in the third combined with 2 obvious delay of game penalties. They gave up 2 goals in the third, and with 7 minutes to go, let the Caps just totally run over them. If that period had been 1 minute longer, you gotta believe we see OT.

This 4 goals on 24 shots crap is going to kill this team. Watching Norrena play makes me worry about the organizations ability to judge talent/make smart moves. As it stand rights now, the Jackets totally hosed Tampa in that deal.

Old
12-19-2006, 10:45 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
It's 2 points. Vinny and Marty still look awesome.

Now that that's out of the way.

This team did EVERYTHING they could to give this win back tonight. Very lazy play in the third combined with 2 obvious delay of game penalties. They gave up 2 goals in the third, and with 7 minutes to go, let the Caps just totally run over them. If that period had been 1 minute longer, you gotta believe we see OT.

This 4 goals on 24 shots crap is going to kill this team. Watching Norrena play makes me worry about the organizations ability to judge talent/make smart moves. As it stand rights now, the Jackets totally hosed Tampa in that deal.
Yes, let's base our assumptions of the organizations abilities by looking at only one trade.

Seriously though, did you think Denis would dissappoint to this degree? If he ultimately pans out, and he still might (crossing fingers), Norenna and Modin leave as UFA's after the season and then who looks hosed?

Old
12-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

The guy constantly faces less shots than just about any goalie in the league (don't know exact stats, but it's got to be up there), yet he can't even post up a halfway respectable SV%.

Kolzig would be licking his chops if he only had to face 20-25 shots a night, and I'm sure so would every other starting goalie who has to see 30-40-50 shots a night.

But I'm not here to try and sway anyone. If you don't think that deal was horrible from Tampa's end, so be it. We all have our own opinions.

Old
12-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

And if he is going to "pan out" anytime soon, he better do it real fast, cause every loss is another game closer to us missing the playoffs, and most of us know exactly what'll happen to this team when they fall out of the playoffs. Then it won't really matter how well he plays.

Old
12-19-2006, 11:37 PM
EbencoyE

So when does Ramo get his shot?

Old
12-20-2006, 12:13 AM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Barring a trade that doesn't involve Denis or Holmqvist that doesn't also involve a number 1 coming back, he won't see NHL action until next season when he'll probably backup Denis.

Old
12-20-2006, 06:09 AM
boltsgirl41922

Send a message via AIM to boltsgirl41922 Send a message via MSN to boltsgirl41922
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
After watching the 3rd period "effort" that this team has put forward tonight, I can only come to one conclusion. This team either has no heart, or this coaching staff does not have them mentally prepared to go for a full 60 minutes. This falls on two people, Feaster and Torterella. I am of the belief that it is time to consider a full scale change at the top.

Feasters quote about the coaches not becoming stupid may be true to an extent, but at the same time, other coaches have become smarter, and after the past two years, I think there is a blueprint out there to defend this system. I think thatís why a change is needed. This coaching staffís blind faith in the system and in some of the key components of this system are driving this team right into the ground. Lets be honest here folks, the window on our big three is not going to be open forever. Then, when things do go south, the current regime hides behind the false pretense that the system of meritocracy exists here, and sticks someone in the press box when they have one bad night, as opposed to rewarding players that are hurting our team night after night with more playing time.

With the payroll scraping at the cap ceiling as it is right now, if these guys donít make a deep run at the playoffs, it has been well documented that the wallet will be closed and that the payroll will be slashed. I am not sure if any of you have thought about what that means, but we are looking at a full scale rebuild if that happens. That will most likely start with our big three. That is why I am in favor of starting at the top and changing front office personal. Our big 3 are not the problem, but if the mandate comes down to rebuild, they will be the first out the door.

I just think that we have seen enough disinterested, lazy, uninspired pay that a change has to be made. We did not deserve this win tonight. Not with the way they played in the third period. With all due respect to Washington, with a lot of other teams in the east, we lose tonight.
However, the way we played the first and the second we did deserve to win the game. I wouldnt say that we need a change in the front office, but I think we need better goaltending. You all know where I stand there.

We're out chancing, out playing teams game after game, we must be doing something right, even if we arent getting the wins. We would be getting the wins if we had steady goaltenders who understand that their job is to stop the puck (IMO).

Old
12-20-2006, 09:58 AM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
After watching the 3rd period "effort" that this team has put forward tonight, I can only come to one conclusion. This team either has no heart, or this coaching staff does not have them mentally prepared to go for a full 60 minutes. This falls on two people, Feaster and Torterella. I am of the belief that it is time to consider a full scale change at the top.

Feasters quote about the coaches not becoming stupid may be true to an extent, but at the same time, other coaches have become smarter, and after the past two years, I think there is a blueprint out there to defend this system. I think thatís why a change is needed. This coaching staffís blind faith in the system and in some of the key components of this system are driving this team right into the ground. Lets be honest here folks, the window on our big three is not going to be open forever. Then, when things do go south, the current regime hides behind the false pretense that the system of meritocracy exists here, and sticks someone in the press box when they have one bad night, as opposed to rewarding players that are hurting our team night after night with more playing time.

With the payroll scraping at the cap ceiling as it is right now, if these guys donít make a deep run at the playoffs, it has been well documented that the wallet will be closed and that the payroll will be slashed. I am not sure if any of you have thought about what that means, but we are looking at a full scale rebuild if that happens. That will most likely start with our big three. That is why I am in favor of starting at the top and changing front office personal. Our big 3 are not the problem, but if the mandate comes down to rebuild, they will be the first out the door.

I just think that we have seen enough disinterested, lazy, uninspired pay that a change has to be made. We did not deserve this win tonight. Not with the way they played in the third period. With all due respect to Washington, with a lot of other teams in the east, we lose tonight.

I'm thinking flogging will do it...not tennis balls. But I'm old-school like that.
I had the Vs telecast of the Blues-Penguins game (Blues won! Blues won!) on PiP and with about 3 min left in the 3rd the commentator mentioned that the Penguins fans were leaving because they didn't see the Penguins scoring the 3 goals needed to force OT. I thought, "Yeah, I'm ready to leave the Lightning Game".

Marc...duuuuude...come on! I mean... We need to talk.

Speaking of Inside the Lightning, Marty's glasses! I'm sorry, I just have this thing about men in glasses. Seriously...the Chief's playing-days photos were worth the price of admission.

Old
12-20-2006, 10:15 AM
NickHanson

Send a message via AIM to NickHanson
Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Twitch Tabitha View Post

I'm thinking flogging will do it...not tennis balls. But I'm old-school like that.
I had the Vs telecast of the Blues-Penguins game (Blues won! Blues won!) on PiP and with about 3 min left in the 3rd the commentator mentioned that the Penguins fans were leaving because they didn't see the Penguins scoring the 3 goals needed to force OT. I thought, "Yeah, I'm ready to leave the Lightning Game".

Marc...duuuuude...come on! I mean... We need to talk.

Speaking of Inside the Lightning, Marty's glasses! I'm sorry, I just have this thing about men in glasses. Seriously...the Chief's playing-days photos were worth the price of admission.
Anyone know when it will reair next?

Old
12-20-2006, 10:16 AM
NickHanson

Send a message via AIM to NickHanson
Quote:
Barring a trade that doesn't involve Denis or Holmqvist that doesn't also involve a number 1 coming back, he won't see NHL action until next season when he'll probably backup Denis.
Homer isn't planning on coming back?

Old
12-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

He's only on a one year deal. It kind of depends on what the team feels Ramo can handle. If they think he's ready to backup at the NHL level, then the spot is his. If they feel he needs another season of starter time, then they either bring Holmqvist back, or find someone else to fill the spot.

Old
12-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Bolt32

Honestly i believe that if we would have ramo up here for a few games would do us a world of good. Gives us to see how this kid plays and who knows he might be really good, and gives him some NHL exp. If not just for that give a waving red flag to Denis and homer saying play well or get off the team.....but that would only make sense. We just need goaltending bad, i dont care if its from an 18 year old kid who just hit puberty or convincing patrick roy out of retirement.....we need help guys

Old
12-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

The problem is you don't want to rush him. If you bring him up for a few games and he gets shelled, it could be mentally damaging to the kid. Look at how the Pens handled MAF for example. I still think he's going to be a sickeningly good goaltender, but (at least from what it looked like in the Pens-Blues game on VS), he's still trying to put it all together.

I say we don't take any risks with this guy. He could be the make or break in the future with this team.

Old
12-20-2006, 05:39 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
The problem is you don't want to rush him. If you bring him up for a few games and he gets shelled, it could be mentally damaging to the kid. Look at how the Pens handled MAF for example. I still think he's going to be a sickeningly good goaltender, but (at least from what it looked like in the Pens-Blues game on VS), he's still trying to put it all together.

I say we don't take any risks with this guy. He could be the make or break in the future with this team.

I agree. However there are exceptions. Huet comes to mind.

Old
12-21-2006, 02:00 PM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHanson View Post
Anyone know when it will reair next?
After Saturday's game. According to my on-screen guide.

Last edited by No-Twitch Tabitha: 12-23-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Closed Thread