HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Columbus @ Detroit 12/20/06 | FSN Ohio | TSN | 7:30 p.m.

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2006, 09:21 AM
cbj21

vCash: 500
Shelley should not have been dress3d but i do not belive this or the fact Picard was sendt down on DM, i do not belive DM is allowed to change the rooster as he pleases without consulting Hitch about it and radio guyes has even mentioned before that they do discuss the rooster changes together.

Old
12-21-2006, 09:22 AM
bcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Toronto ALWAYS rules against the jackets. They don't count, only been around for 6 years
I understand that completely, no matter how much that sucks. What I want to know is why they were not reviewing the CORRECT thing. Rebound clearly went in BEFORE the whistle.

Old
12-21-2006, 09:28 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor View Post
it pisses me off how often this happens. we are unable to move the 'deflector' out of the crease so we just clog it as well, preventing the goalie from having a clear view of the shot. and yet, when we are in the other end, we are never consistantly in the crease.. and furthermore, it seems that we are.. hmm... in my kid's soccer league, we call it 'bee-hiving'. you know? where all the players rush towards the puck leaving all of the opposing players wide open?
This has been a pet peeve of mine since the very first time I sat above the attack-twice goal for a wings game, and was treated to an excellent view of Holmstrom's backside for extended periods of time. Instead of clearing him out (of course, the CBJ don't reap the bennies of the 'legacy' calls the Wings get, and would be whistled as often as not), they pack in around him.

And the "bee hive" description fits to a tee ...

I was wondering, during the second and third periods of the game here, just what makes the Wings the Wings, and the CBJ the CBJ. Not to start another worm wrestle, but on paper the CBJ would now appear to be the better team, personnel-wise. Yet with 17,000 knowing it's going to happen, the Wings are still able to kick it up a notch, and the CBJ are helpless to do much about it. These aren't the Wings of Shanny, Feds, Yzerman, and McCarty. But these aren't the Jackets of Kron, Quint, and Selivanov, either ...

Why?

It has to be an attitude, a culture of winning.

Old
12-21-2006, 09:31 AM
The Dancin' Beaver

Send a message via Yahoo to The Dancin' Beaver
The beaver is displeased.

Old
12-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Macster

Well.

Had a ton of people over to watch the game, I had been talking up the team for a week now, and boy what a stinker.

At least enough of my buddies actually realize that the CBJ are playing well.

Oh well, had some liquid cocaines, got into the gin and capped the night off with some mojitos. Theeeen we went to the bars. Needless to say it's a messy morning for a few of us.

Go Jackets.

Old
12-21-2006, 02:58 PM
hockeyprincess

I have to admit... it was really funny when the net fell on top of Fredrik Norrena and he crawled out the opening at the back of the net. Dominik Hasek's hell of a pokecheck on Rick Nash... well, that was pretty classic but I will never forget Dwayne Roloson's jewel-crusher.

Old
12-21-2006, 03:09 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
I have to admit... it was really funny when the net fell on top of Fredrik Norrena and he crawled out the opening at the back of the net. Dominik Hasek's hell of a pokecheck on Rick Nash... well, that was pretty classic but I will never forget Dwayne Roloson's jewel-crusher.
The point of this post is what exactly?

Old
12-21-2006, 03:14 PM
tgerace23

Well if there was no point to his post, then there was no point to your post to point out that he had no point. But since im responding to your post that had no point because his had no point my post really doesnt have a point. Unless of courses his post had a point which in return would make your post have a point validating that my post had a point.

Do yea get my ............ drift?

Old
12-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcon View Post
I understand that completely, no matter how much that sucks. What I want to know is why they were not reviewing the CORRECT thing. Rebound clearly went in BEFORE the whistle.

The play is dead as soon as the puck crosses the goal line. The puck off of Svitovs skate was clearly in the net, so the rebound is a moot point. The play was dead.

Just clarifying...not trolling.

Old
12-21-2006, 03:22 PM
tgerace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4 View Post
The play is dead as soon as the puck crosses the goal line. The puck off of Svitovs skate was clearly in the net, so the rebound is a moot point. The play was dead.

Just clarifying...not trolling.
Not that it would have made a difference last night. But I have seen more kicking like motions called as goals against us. While I do believe he was using his skate to control the puck, I dont believe he meant to put it in the net. I think he was more of stopping it from going all they way across.

But whatever, Hasek looks like an old pedophile who was born smoking a cigarette.

Old
12-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgerace23 View Post
Not that it would have made a difference last night. But I have seen more kicking like motions called as goals against us. While I do believe he was using his skate to control the puck, I dont believe he meant to put it in the net. I think he was more of stopping it from going all they way across.

But whatever, Hasek looks like an old pedophile who was born smoking a cigarette.

It was a grey area call for sure. And like I mentioned last night as well, I thought the puck deflected off of Chelios stick right after Svitov kicked it. I think it easily could have been called a good goal.

Old
12-21-2006, 03:48 PM
hockeyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
The point of this post is what exactly?
provide some comic relief for such a stinker of a game TSN made me watch.

Old
12-21-2006, 03:50 PM
CBJaded

Well, we let the Macster down. Sorry about that ....

I wish the Jackets would give us some advance notice of which team is going to show up, so I would know if I need my barf bag or not. Last night was a two-bagger.

Not to take anything away from the Wings, who gleefully jumped all over the opportunities presented to them. But the Jackets made sure they had plenty of chance to practice opportunity-jumping.

Ah well, miles to go before we sweep ....

Old
12-21-2006, 05:07 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV CBJ Fan View Post
The beaver is displeased.
Bad Beaver

But hey....You're 6-1-1 now, so that's something to be tickled pink about, right?

I watched the entire game right to the bloody end.
Two barf bagger is right.

I predict they take HUGE REVENGE against Vancouver.

Old
12-21-2006, 06:45 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
provide some comic relief for such a stinker of a game TSN made me watch.
Do me a favor and troll elsewhere.

Old
12-21-2006, 08:19 PM
Renion

Quote:
Do me a favor and troll elsewhere.
I didn't think it was a troll. I think you're still a little trigger-happy after last night, TS

Old
12-21-2006, 08:50 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
I didn't think it was a troll. I think you're still a little trigger-happy after last night, TS
When a non-regular poster makes one post in a GDT about a guy getting slashed in the crouch and thinks its funny...well, I guess we just have a different definition of trolling.. Especially when are talking about a game that happend weeks ago..

What's the point of bringing that up other than to stir emotions in a thread that has already been stirred enough?

Old
12-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Renion

Quote:
When a non-regular poster makes one post in a GDT about a guy getting slashed in the crouch and thinks its funny...well, I guess we just have a different definition of trolling.. Especially when are talking about a game that happend over a week ago..

What's the point of bringing that up other than to stir emotions in a thread that has already been stirred enough?
Well, I thought the Norrena-in-the-net thing was funny too.

I also love making jokes about Nash's balls wherever and whenever I can, although it's been getting somewhat stale--or is that spent?--over the past few days.

If what hockeyprincess posted is trolling, I'm embarrassed by the fact that I and my fellow Jackets fans are considered to be that hypersensitive.

Of course, I never had a problem with DMG. It's just text.

Old
12-21-2006, 08:57 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
Well, I thought the Norrena-in-the-net thing was funny too.

I also love making jokes about Nash's balls wherever and whenever I can, although it's been getting somewhat stale--or is that spent?--over the past few days.

If what hockeyprincess posted is trolling, I'm embarrassed by the fact that I and my fellow Jackets fans are considered to be that hypersensitive.

Of course, I never had a problem with DMG. It's just text.
Its not like I gave her infraction points dude. Agree to disagree.

Old
12-21-2006, 09:05 PM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Geez, this board needs to unclench lately - it's the holidays, people, lighten up. The mods do a hell of a job around here, take it easy.

"If you stuck a lump of coal up this board's ***, in two weeks, you'd have a diamond."

Old
12-21-2006, 09:11 PM
raindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
"If you stuck a lump of coal up this board's ***, in two weeks, you'd have a diamond."
Lately, I think your time frame is two days, max. The normally even-keeled posters are ticked, and the light-hearted posters are avoiding the board like the plague. The lack of humor recently is painfully obvious. I'll agree to chock it up to holiday-stress-disorder. Hopefully a win against the ****in Nucks will loosen everyone up a little.

Old
12-21-2006, 09:13 PM
The Dancin' Beaver

Send a message via Yahoo to The Dancin' Beaver
Quote:
Geez, this board needs to unclench lately - it's the holidays, people, lighten up. The mods do a hell of a job around here, take it easy.

It's been a wild ride. I don't think there is a CBJ fan around without frayed nerves right now.

Old
12-21-2006, 09:18 PM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender11 View Post
Hopefully a win against the ****in Nucks will loosen everyone up a little.
I think that oughta do the trick - I could certainly use a nice little 3 or 4 game winning streak here to get me loosened up - I'll admit, I've been a bit irritable lately for whatever reason. Just seems like things rub me the wrong way on this board lately, way more than they should. And for that, I'm sorry, if I've offended anyone.

I think it's a combination of holiday stress, the team tanking against Detroit, losses in 3 of the last 4 games, take your pick...

Old
12-21-2006, 09:24 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
I think that oughta do the trick - I could certainly use a nice little 3 or 4 game winning streak here to get me loosened up - I'll admit, I've been a bit irritable lately for whatever reason. Just seems like things rub me the wrong way on this board lately, way more than they should. And for that, I'm sorry, if I've offended anyone.

I think it's a combination of holiday stress, the team tanking against Detroit, losses in 3 of the last 4 games, take your pick...
And being married.

Sorry if I was an arse last night there guys and gals. Bad week...and bad game. That and im not real fond of Michigan anything.

Thanks TS for not banning me for life...probably should have. I owe you a beer.

Old
12-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Thread Closed.

Closed Thread