HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike York traded to Flyers for Robitaille and a 5th

Old
12-23-2006, 08:18 AM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
I hear you. Cant discount the injuries (again). Just when the team started playing fairly well, even while still losing, Richards and Sanderson go down. If everyone was healthy and playing to their capabilities, this looks like a pretty damn good team on paper, especially at forward.
Part of the problem with the trade, however, is that Yorkie wears down as the season goes on. He's a little guy who plays a bigger game, and that's always taken its toll on him. He gets injured and even when still playing late in the season, his effectiveness is reduced because he's dinged up.

All that said, I'm a big York fan. You guys will like his game a lot.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Flyers_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Part of the problem with the trade, however, is that Yorkie wears down as the season goes on. He's a little guy who plays a bigger game, and that's always taken its toll on him. He gets injured and even when still playing late in the season, his effectiveness is reduced because he's dinged up.

All that said, I'm a big York fan. You guys will like his game a lot.

If he wears down, ie ends up doing worse later in the season that turns him into a 2+ million 4th line grinder. Whether we like his game or not if he can't put up points there's no place for him on the roster when people get healthy.

Flyers_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 09:54 AM
BigBanger

this only confirms what I have been screaming about, Holmgren is a student of clarkes.. more bad moves without direction another underachiever at almost 3 mill is laughable.shame this team and organization is Joke of NHL

BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Kaktus*

Has nothing to do with this deal.. BUT both teams Sens and Leafs maybe be looking for centers. So it will be interesting to see if any of these teams will try upgrade at center and give up less then the Flyers did for York. If they will make deals and came up with better players our intern GM has to go..

mikedifr & a-cup.. you can both put me on ignore for all I care. Funny thing that I have to explain what may happen 2 weeks from now when both teams will drop in standings and try to upgrade (making potentially similar deal Flyers did this week).

I guess I have to create a new thread to say one line

Last edited by Kaktus*: 12-23-2006 at 10:21 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Tact

York was -2 tonight.

Tact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Dimitrios*

York was basically invisible except for the time he missed the puck on a PP I think and that penalty

Dimitrios* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 02:55 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Has nothing to do with this deal.. BUT both teams Sens and Leafs maybe be looking for centers. So it will be interesting to see if any of these teams will try upgrade at center and give up less then the Flyers did for York. If they will make deals and came up with better players our intern GM has to go..

mikedifr & a-cup.. you can both put me on ignore for all I care. Funny thing that I have to explain what may happen 2 weeks from now when both teams will drop in standings and try to upgrade (making potentially similar deal Flyers did this week).

I guess I have to create a new thread to say one line
What are you talking about?? Grow up, geez!!! It is a damn message board. Why would I feel the need to ignore anyone, unless they were a blatant troll.

I asked you a legit question as to what that had to do with the York deal because I wasnt clear from your post that just seemed to be random and had nothing to do with the rest of the posts. Apparently, I was not the only one who didnt understand it.

Just because you have a hard on for Nitty, and Storm debates it with you doesnt mean you need to get snippy with us and tell us to ignore you.

We are all guilty typing something quick that may not be 100% clear. Is there harm in asking you to clear it up???

Next time, finish off your post by saying "maybe we can unload York to one of them"

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote