HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

December 1/2003

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 01:28 AM
gretzky2kurri

vCash: 500
December 1/2003

It's officially December 1/2003.

I made a promise to not be critical of MacT until December.

I think MacT is a crappy coach.....for this team. (everyones jaws drop in dis-belief....lol)

He wants a run and gun team......with limited talent AND experience.

What's wrong with that picture?

Lets just enter this drag-race.......with our Ford Pinto.

Management is so ******* hung up on the "glory years" and they put unrealistic expectations on the team. Win.....but win fancy, please.

Let's play "chase the puck". If we can skate faster.......we should win.

MacT STILL thinks the glue will gel......if you keep mixing it. "Hey.....every player on this team will have played with every other player by years end." WOW! That's just awesome Craig. They should make a trophy for that.

I don't even know why people ponder starting line-ups around here. If anything goes "remotely" wrong in the first 10 minutes.........MacT starts juggling everyone around.

It's no ******* wonder Oiler players accel at the Worlds. They are so bloody used to playing with players they are not familiar with all the time.

I don't want a team that plays the trap all the time. But I wouldn't mind a team that can play more than ONE style of hockey. They are either going full tilt.............or backing up in fear (thus disaster)

Any coach who is STUPID enough to put a player on the PP point TWO DAYS after he busts his wrist should be fired on the SPOT! I've NEVER been so embarrased to be an Oiler fan than I was that night. What a joke!

Ron Low was a bland meat/potatoes coach. But he could at least prepare his team for an important hockey game. He made his players into BELEIVERS! MacT seems useless in this department. Then comes the bland post-game interveiw with the word "indicative" and "by-product" said at least 3 times.

People always argue that the player has to go out and do it......the coach can't. I find that argument to be weak, to an extent. Sure the player needs to take the onus and perform accordingly. But the coach needs to find out what makes certain players tick.

You can't convince me that MacT has his finger on the pulse of this team. Never really has.

The worst news I've heard in the past 3 years hasn't been, "Weight traded" or "Niinimaa traded". It's been, "MacT signs multi year deal." And that the gods honest truth. I'm sure some will remember the savage rant I went on earlier this year after that announcement. I was SO pumped when Lowe said, "there's a chance Craig won't be here this year.

I said I would give him until December before I ragged about him.

He's the same stubborn simpleton......

This is Kevin Lowes biggest downfall as GM in my opinion. Superstar players are hard for a club like the Oilers to pick up. But coaches don't get multi million dollar contracts. For this reason I feel Lowe should have gotten the best that money could buy. It's a pretty DAMN important ingredient for any young/green team. Lowes loyalty to MacT and the glory days makes me want to puke!

I'm done.........for a while.

Last edited by gretzky2kurri: 12-01-2003 at 01:34 AM.
Old
12-01-2003, 04:49 AM
HOZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri

I think MacT is a crappy coach.....for this team. (everyones jaws drop in dis-belief....lol)

Management is so ******* hung up on the "glory years" and they put unrealistic expectations on the team. Win.....but win fancy, please.

MacT STILL thinks the glue will gel......if you keep mixing it. "Hey.....every player on this team will have played with every other player by years end." WOW! That's just awesome Craig. They should make a trophy for that.

I don't even know why people ponder starting line-ups around here. If anything goes "remotely" wrong in the first 10 minutes.........MacT starts juggling everyone around.

It's no ******* wonder Oiler players accel at the Worlds. They are so bloody used to playing with players they are not familiar with all the time.

I don't want a team that plays the trap all the time. But I wouldn't mind a team that can play more than ONE style of hockey. They are either going full tilt.............or backing up in fear (thus disaster)

Any coach who is STUPID enough to put a player on the PP point TWO DAYS after he busts his wrist should be fired on the SPOT! I've NEVER been so embarrased to be an Oiler fan than I was that night. What a joke!

Ron Low was a bland meat/potatoes coach. But he could at least prepare his team for an important hockey game. He made his players into BELEIVERS! MacT seems useless in this department. Then comes the bland post-game interveiw with the word "indicative" and "by-product" said at least 3 times.

People always argue that the player has to go out and do it......the coach can't. I find that argument to be weak, to an extent. Sure the player needs to take the onus and perform accordingly. But the coach needs to find out what makes certain players tick.

You can't convince me that MacT has his finger on the pulse of this team. Never really has.

The worst news I've heard in the past 3 years hasn't been, "Weight traded" or "Niinimaa traded". It's been, "MacT signs multi year deal." And that the gods honest truth. I'm sure some will remember the savage rant I went on earlier this year after that announcement. I was SO pumped when Lowe said, "there's a chance Craig won't be here this year.

This is Kevin Lowes biggest downfall as GM in my opinion. Superstar players are hard for a club like the Oilers to pick up. But coaches don't get multi million dollar contracts. For this reason I feel Lowe should have gotten the best that money could buy. It's a pretty DAMN important ingredient for any young/green team. Lowes loyalty to MacT and the glory days makes me want to puke!

I'll cut to the chase. You are wrong. MacTavish is a good coach and is doing a good job. You don't get 2 90+ point seasons out of the youngest (or close to) team in the league and not be a good coach. He did it with the same run and gun style I want to watch.

And....Ron Low SUCKED at motivating a far more talented and veteran team than this one. Always loved watching them fall behind 2-0 before the players would start skating. Then have him throw out Kelly in the last 2 minutes of a game when they're down by one. Ahhh the memories.

MacTavish doesn't have a Weight to score him 80-100 points.
This is a very young team where the youngsters are either swimming or sinking. Hence the shuffling IMO. Half of this team WILL NOT be in the NHL in 3 years (Playing time) time. They are just not good enough. Others will be become solid NHL'ers. One or two may become impact players.

I am not sure what kind of team you thought this was but it ain't no contender and I don't want to be like Minnesota. Sorry but I won't pay to watch that crap.

Old
12-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Digger12

Quote:

I'll bet you were just ITCHING to get this out for a while...you've shown admirable restraint.

We seem to go through this every year, this extended (yeah, 5 games is stretching it a bit) winless streak in December/January where nothing seems to go right and the team seems to be playing with ringette sticks. We get the copyrighted MacT Blender 2000 running at the highest setting, and his patented postgame comments that sound straight out of one of those 'inspirational thoughts' calendars I see on my coworker's desk. It's a tough time, and with MacT's fat contract in hand don't expect change anytime soon.

One difference this time, however, is Craig Simpson. In previous years, who did Lowe have to take over the head job should MacT falter?

Huddy? He's the prototypical good soldier, he does what he's told and seems comfortable in his niche, just like in his playing days. I don't see him as a head guy, at least not yet.

Moores? I'd like to see it happen, just to see all the Oiler boards have a collective seizure.

Julien? He went to Montreal.

Ward? He needs at least one more year in the A before a judgement can be made. Personally I'm not sold on him.

Beukeboom? Too soon.

Simpson? IMO he's the only guy in this crew that's any sort of competition to MacT's job. His offensive acumen may only go as far as 'You gotta shoot it high!', but the players seem to like him and he at least is hella photogenic...he at least LOOKS the part of a head coach. Whether he's ambitious enough to want to take the job is another question.

PS: On MacT's darkest and dumbest days, I'd STILL take him over Ron 'take em wide!' Low. He drove me crazy the same way MacT turns your crank.

Old
12-01-2003, 08:13 AM
theoil

[QUOTE=gretzky2kurri]Ron Low was a bland meat/potatoes coach. But he could at least prepare his team for an important hockey game. He made his players into BELEIVERS! MacT seems useless in this department. Then comes the bland post-game interveiw with the word "indicative" and "by-product" said at least 3 times.

Well, I was reading along and thinking about what you had to say and wondering if I was missing something about MacT etc. After all, any fan assesses his team's personnel on an ongoing basis and it isn't as though we have won anything here for a long time so you do wonder about the ingredients and such. And then you made that comment about Ron Low.

The only possible explanation for that remark would be that you watch the games on TV or listen to them on the radio because it would not be possible that you sat there night after night as I was and watched that idiot turn the coaching job into another spectator's spot and say anything good about him. The only thing amazing about his tenure as coach was that he got into the building every night without paying. Ron Low is not qualified to coach above peewee level and I am being nice when I say that.

So there are things about MacT that are legitimate questions and I appreciate that but please let's leave Low-Low out of it because I am getting older now and I am sure you don't want to be responsible for an old man's blood pressure going bad.

And how bad was Ron Low? As I re-read this I realise I called him an idiot. I don't think I have called anybody names in public in over 20 years so I tried to find another word to express my opinion of his coaching ability. Couldn't do it. Ten years in journalism as a writer and editor. Graduate degree in Arts. Couldn't find another word to describe my loathing for Ron Low's coaching abilities. Can we please just leave this bit of Oiler's history alone.

Old
12-01-2003, 08:48 AM
Slats432

I got in to quite a debate about line juggling, I think it was a healthy discussion with dawgbone.

This from TEAM1260 radio this morning(Forgive any inaccuracy because this is by memory)

"Here is an email."-Bryn
"I have gotten to know the Oilers wives through their charity and had opportunity to have dinner with two of them and their husbands. They seem to be frustrated with MacT and his coaching style. He says that they need puck support, so three men go to the corner. If they dig the puck out then he gets mad that there was no one in front of the net. If someone is in front of the net, he gets mad that there isn't enough puck support. The fact is that they get frustrated that MacT is trying to get them to do offensive things when everyone knows he was a defensive forward. He also has Craig Simpson on a very short leash. And the line changes. He mixes them up so much they never have any opportunity to find any rhythm."

...Bryn and Jake start talking about the line juggling.

I agree totally. MacT is a decent guy and in some aspects he is a good coach. In the offensive zone or line combination areas are two that are severely lacking. Just my opinion.

Old
12-01-2003, 08:59 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
I got in to quite a debate about line juggling, I think it was a healthy discussion with dawgbone.

This from TEAM1260 radio this morning(Forgive any inaccuracy because this is by memory)

"Here is an email."-Bryn
"I have gotten to know the Oilers wives through their charity and had opportunity to have dinner with two of them and their husbands. They seem to be frustrated with MacT and his coaching style. He says that they need puck support, so three men go to the corner. If they dig the puck out then he gets mad that there was no one in front of the net. If someone is in front of the net, he gets mad that there isn't enough puck support. The fact is that they get frustrated that MacT is trying to get them to do offensive things when everyone knows he was a defensive forward. He also has Craig Simpson on a very short leash. And the line changes. He mixes them up so much they never have any opportunity to find any rhythm."

...Bryn and Jake start talking about the line juggling.

I agree totally. MacT is a decent guy and in some aspects he is a good coach. In the offensive zone or line combination areas are two that are severely lacking. Just my opinion.
I heard that one, too...and the other thing that caught my ear was that he's losing some of the players.

But the "Simpson on a short leash" is an interesting comment, too, although we do have to be careful about this 3rd- or 4th-party 'rumour'. I'd love to get some of this stuff verified by some other source(s), but it seems pretty unlikely.

The main point is that MacT is the guy for this year & beyond - seems very unlikely that Lowe cans his buddy unless the team really tanks it (misses the playoffs by more than a little).

Bart

Old
12-01-2003, 09:37 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
g2k your back kinda was wondering where you went to not posting any rants

as for the MacT situation HOZ has a point about 90+ point seasons but I'll still side with g2k on this, this team has no consistency, no pk and no pp and unfortunately for all the great things that MacT is doing those three are costing us games/points and i wonder if we'll be in the playoffs this year.

Old
12-01-2003, 09:40 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

i wonder if there is any truth because it seems like the team is tuning mact out. the lack of emotion and intensity must be a reflection of that and his constant line juggling can only add fuel to that fire.

Old
12-01-2003, 09:42 AM
woody

Let us look at what MacT has to work with.

- at times he has had up to 6 rookie's in the line-up Bergeron, Conkin, Stoll, Torres(might not be a rookie but as limited exp), Salemlanian and Sarno.

- 2nd year players Hemsky, Semenov, Pisani, Chimera

Thats half of your team of players that have played fewer than 100 games in their career.

Plus your starting goalie is hurt and you lost your top 2 centers from last year.

Its too easy to blame the coach everytime the team is on a losing skid. This current roster is at best a 500 team and anything over is bonus.

I will agree with one thing that you mentioned G2K is the style of play. But I think Oilers management dictates how the team style is played.

Old
12-01-2003, 10:24 AM
Walsher

You're a fan of Ronny Lowe eh. What did he ever do for this team as a coach? He had so many years of junk and then 1 or 2 playoff appearances with the regulasr season team doing little in accomplishing anything. Nowhere near 90 points. He was and still is a bland coach and his accomplishments don't even come close to matching MacT's.

Old
12-01-2003, 10:25 AM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody

- at times he has had up to 6 rookie's in the line-up Bergeron, Conkin, Stoll, Torres(might not be a rookie but as limited exp), Salemlanian and Sarno.

Thats half of your team of players that have played fewer than 100 games in their career.

Plus your starting goalie is hurt and you lost your top 2 centers from last year.

Its too easy to blame the coach everytime the team is on a losing skid. This current roster is at best a 500 team and anything over is bonus.

I will agree with one thing that you mentioned G2K is the style of play. But I think Oilers management dictates how the team style is played.
Top 3 centers with Reasoner out of the lineup. Inexperience = turnovers = in your net. Last time I checked MacT wasn't in net or scoring goals.

Old
12-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
He also has Craig Simpson on a very short leash.
You know, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this was true. Ever since Simpson was hired, I've thought that MacT was probably less than thrilled by this hiring because of:
  1. It showed that Lowe thought the makeup of MacT's coaching staff wasn't as good as it could be, and brought into question their work on special teams.
  2. It brought in his potential replacement.
If I was MacT, I'd be watching Simmer like a hawk too. Just because they were teammates doesn't mean they were best of buddies.

IF this is going on, you could see the dressing room being split into factions (if it hasn't already), causing further distraction.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:21 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
I heard that one, too...and the other thing that caught my ear was that he's losing some of the players.

But the "Simpson on a short leash" is an interesting comment, too, although we do have to be careful about this 3rd- or 4th-party 'rumour'. I'd love to get some of this stuff verified by some other source(s), but it seems pretty unlikely.

The main point is that MacT is the guy for this year & beyond - seems very unlikely that Lowe cans his buddy unless the team really tanks it (misses the playoffs by more than a little).

Bart
I agree, but this is a very auspicious rumour due to the context and the exact verbatim of the player's complaints as was repeated from the email. "I heard a rumour that MacT is losing the players." would have no creedence but "I heard that the players are frustrated with the forecheck system." seems *more* credible than your average B.S. rumour.

All B.S. rumours like this should be taken with a grain of salt. Don't shoot the piano player.

The fact is...MacT is really an alien. I will call for reinforcements....

Old
12-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Hairball

There's the G2K we all know and love. I agree with digger. Remarkable restraint. It defies logic and bends the rules of physics.

Old
12-01-2003, 03:03 PM
OYLer

[QUOTE=theoil]
Quote:
Well, I was reading along and thinking about what you had to say and wondering if I was missing something about MacT etc. After all, any fan assesses his team's personnel on an ongoing basis and it isn't as though we have won anything here for a long time so you do wonder about the ingredients and such. And then you made that comment about Ron Low.

The only possible explanation for that remark would be that you watch the games on TV or listen to them on the radio because it would not be possible that you sat there night after night as I was and watched that idiot turn the coaching job into another spectator's spot and say anything good about him. The only thing amazing about his tenure as coach was that he got into the building every night without paying. Ron Low is not qualified to coach above peewee level and I am being nice when I say that.

So there are things about MacT that are legitimate questions and I appreciate that but please let's leave Low-Low out of it because I am getting older now and I am sure you don't want to be responsible for an old man's blood pressure going bad.

And how bad was Ron Low? As I re-read this I realise I called him an idiot. I don't think I have called anybody names in public in over 20 years so I tried to find another word to express my opinion of his coaching ability. Couldn't do it. Ten years in journalism as a writer and editor. Graduate degree in Arts. Couldn't find another word to describe my loathing for Ron Low's coaching abilities. Can we please just leave this bit of Oiler's history alone.
LOL I used to go to games back in those dark years and think Ron Low was a diminished Sather clone with a few missing genes. A mouth piece with no orginal thoughts. As bad a GM as Sather was he was always a pretty good bench coach. Muckler was probably the real brains in the Glory days.

Old
12-01-2003, 03:28 PM
OYLer

Quote:

Let's play "chase the puck". If we can skate faster.......we should win...

I could not believe Edmonton didn't snap up Ken Hitchcock (a hometown boy) and let Philly have MacT! Last year I ranted with less and less restrain on Faceoff and Sportsnet about the need to have a coaching change. I, like lowetide,believe Coach Craig is better suited, tempermentally, to handle more experienced players.

Anyway, gretzky2kurri, this was a pretty interesting thread you started here. After last night's game I had to watch some tube (I like Law and Order: Criminal Intent) just to settle down a little before I posted! The foul repetitive language I'd have posted would not have been effective communciation. I wrote my piece and posted as I always do without reading the other threads first. Had I read this thread I might not have covered the same ground quite so closely. But it just goes to show that in differing fanatic's universes thinking can be parallel! Now there is a scary thought!

Old
12-01-2003, 03:57 PM
HOZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
I could not believe Edmonton didn't snap up Ken Hitchcock (a hometown boy) and let Philly have MacT! Last year I ranted with less and less restrain on Faceoff and Sportsnet about the need to have a coaching change. I, like lowetide,believe Coach Craig is better suited, tempermentally, to handle more experienced players.
Well I can think of 2 + million reasons why Hitchcock didn't come to Edmonton. And I don't see how anyone can believe that he would be better with a younger team than MacTavish. Hitchcock has run veteran teams only. He can turn an offensive gem into a two-way gem (Modano) but then in 2-3 years his vets get tired of his act. Even though he is a very nice guy.

Old
12-01-2003, 04:17 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
I'll bet you were just ITCHING to get this out for a while...you've shown admirable restraint.

We seem to go through this every year, this extended (yeah, 5 games is stretching it a bit) winless streak in December/January where nothing seems to go right and the team seems to be playing with ringette sticks. We get the copyrighted MacT Blender 2000 running at the highest setting, and his patented postgame comments that sound straight out of one of those 'inspirational thoughts' calendars I see on my coworker's desk. It's a tough time, and with MacT's fat contract in hand don't expect change anytime soon.

One difference this time, however, is Craig Simpson. In previous years, who did Lowe have to take over the head job should MacT falter?

Huddy? He's the prototypical good soldier, he does what he's told and seems comfortable in his niche, just like in his playing days. I don't see him as a head guy, at least not yet.

Moores? I'd like to see it happen, just to see all the Oiler boards have a collective seizure.

Julien? He went to Montreal.

Ward? He needs at least one more year in the A before a judgement can be made. Personally I'm not sold on him.

Beukeboom? Too soon.

Simpson? IMO he's the only guy in this crew that's any sort of competition to MacT's job. His offensive acumen may only go as far as 'You gotta shoot it high!', but the players seem to like him and he at least is hella photogenic...he at least LOOKS the part of a head coach. Whether he's ambitious enough to want to take the job is another question.

PS: On MacT's darkest and dumbest days, I'd STILL take him over Ron 'take em wide!' Low. He drove me crazy the same way MacT turns your crank.
Why does it have to be an (ex glory days) Oiler? This mentality is disturbing.

I want this team to mold its own identity.

Old
12-01-2003, 04:30 PM
gretzky2kurri

I guess I should have emphasized that I DON'T think Low would do alot better. It just seemed he could get his team prepared for big games......where on several nights of big games a MacT prepared team that says everything right in the paper the day before, gets its ass spanked.

Alot of people want to compare MacTs 90 point seasons to Lows.

But NOBODY mentions the rule change for the over-time loss. How convenient. Didn't we gain 14 points one season with that OTL free point?

Walsher mentions 1 or 2 playoff appearances.......yet fails to mention that they beat out the Stars to enter the second round. The following year knocking out the highly touted Avalanche to also enter the 2nd round AGAIN!

Doug Weight didn't do that all alone. How strong was the supporting cast past Weight? We don't have a Weight right now, but we do have alot of strong core players.

That team beleived in themselves. That team played for each other. That team had alot of players picking up their assignments.......and at least knew them.

But I must stop now, before people keep assuming I'm a big Ron Low fan. That's not true................I'm just very anti Craig "panic button" McTavish.

Old
12-01-2003, 04:42 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody

Great post Woody. I look first and foremost at current personnel and the inexperience which is creating very marked highs and lows (not Ron Low's). To place blame solely on coaching is imo very shortsighted.
I do take issue with MacT keeping Semenov out of the line-up and his so-called blender is very hit and miss. I've also feel he hasn't used the timeout effectively to stop the bleeding or organize late game situations. However despite this rough spot I see some rays of light. Torres, Stoll, Selmo and Bergeron are showing they belong. This team has rallied several times from deficits. Despite brutal special teams we are still within striking distance of a playoff spot. Veteran players like Ryan Smyth have been average (acknowledge he is playing out of position). Adam Oates will lead this team and provide a calming effect.

There is no miracle worker out there. This is a young team without elite talent which will continue to ride the rollercoaster. Oiler management have committed over the longterm to build a competitive team based upon these young, developing players. The training wheels are on but hopefully the team will right itself to make the playoffs.

Old
12-01-2003, 05:21 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Why does it have to be an (ex glory days) Oiler? This mentality is disturbing.

I want this team to mold its own identity.
I'm not saying it has to be, unfortunately that's just what always seems to happen, and I can't see it ending anytime soon.

As great a past as this organization's had, I can't help but wonder if sometimes it's a millstone around the neck of the current iteration of the team, that maybe they get a bit weary of having the past successes shoved in their collective faces time and time again.

Old
12-01-2003, 05:24 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
I can't help but wonder if sometimes it's a millstone around the neck of the current iteration of the team, that maybe they get a bit weary of having the past successes shoved in their collective faces time and time again.
Bingo!

That's a great way to put it.

Old
12-01-2003, 05:37 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

The Canadiens have had for many years a sign posted in their dressing room. "From these failing hands..." promotes the tradition of putting on the bleu, blanc et rouge jersey and following the legacy of its many great players and teams.

This team has brought back Bob Gainey to reconnect with this legacy and pride. I personally don't view the Oiler legacy as a millstone but rather an expectation to live up to. It is about team, sacrifice, and striving for excellence. I for one remember the George Burnett experiment in which this team tied its hopes to the latest junior phenom. coach. This failed miserably.

In my eyes, the Oiler legacy can be used as motivation to aspire to greatness or as an excuse. I'd like to believe ex-players like K-Lowe, MacTavish, Huddy, and Simpson offer more positives than negatives for young players seeking the keys to winning. Strength of character.

Old
12-01-2003, 06:28 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Sather was always a pretty good bench coach. Muckler was probably the real brains in the Glory days.
Totally agree and a bench coach is very important. The question for the current crop of coaches is who is the brains in that outfir? Is Billy Moores the x's and o's guy? I think he is but I am not convinced that that part of the job is getting done.

Old
12-01-2003, 06:35 PM
streetballer03

I think MacT is a crappy coach
<font face=verdana size=1><b>
That's a really good way to say it. Let's see, we have one of the worst defense in the league, the worst penalty kill and the worst powerplay? OMG Kevin Lowe, don't you get it? Your boy Craig can't coach worth *****!</font></b>

Another stupid thing MACT does. While i do enjoy watching their style of play, i get tired of losing also. another good point. </font></b>

Very true. The glory years are done. Let's make new memories.</font></b>

Skating can only take you so far. You need skill and coaching to complement that unique trait of your team. We really do play like Roadrunners. Literally! If the Oil played in the AHL we would have lost just as many games</font></b>

Ohhh the stupid MACT blender. Another one of the things I hate about this team. WTF is MAC T thinking putting Ryan Smyth on a checking line. Is he high? </font></b>

Your best point. Ron Low sucked as well coaching but at least he was better than MACT. He actaully had control of this team.</font></b>

an never ever will</font</b></b>

here's hoping that he's gone soon enough</b></font></b>

If they want to be best friends, they can do it on their own time but when fans of a city of 1 million fans rest all their trust on one man to do what's best for the hockey club, then he should do it. Lowe fire MACT. </font></b>

Closed Thread