HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

December 1/2003

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2003, 05:44 PM
  #26
gretzky2kurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,659
vCash: 500
hmmmm.......I don't mind this streetballer dude.

Made me blush.....lol.

gretzky2kurri is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 05:51 PM
  #27
Walsher
Registered User
 
Walsher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetballer03
Ohhh the stupid MACT blender. Another one of the things I hate about this team. WTF is MAC T thinking putting Ryan Smyth on a checking line. Is he high? </font></b>
>
I disagree with all of your post. Smyth is playing like a checker, why not play him as a checker. he was pathetic with hemsky - the most naturally gifted offensive talent on the team as well as on the PP. Where else do you put an underachieving 3+ million dollar player. he has been pathetic. MacT isn't responsible for that.

Walsher is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 06:39 PM
  #28
streetballer03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
disagree with all of your post.
<font size=1 face=verdana><b> That's real mature. Thanks man. Keep in mind that i have my own point of view on the Oiler than you do. I don't think like the majority but don't hold it against me. If we all got along and agreed to everything then it wouldnt be very fun posting here. Look, i'm new here and i'm just getting the feel of the group. You guys are kind of sensitive to my little critiques (yes i know how i extreme i get when i'm mad at the Oil) Let me post the way i want freely just like i do to you.

streetballer03 is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 07:07 PM
  #29
HOZ
Registered User
 
HOZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Japan
Country: Japan
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
I guess I should have emphasized that I DON'T think Low would do alot better. It just seemed he could get his team prepared for big games......where on several nights of big games a MacT prepared team that says everything right in the paper the day before, gets its ass spanked.

Alot of people want to compare MacTs 90 point seasons to Lows.

But NOBODY mentions the rule change for the over-time loss. How convenient. Didn't we gain 14 points one season with that OTL free point?
Again, Low had a more talented and veteran club. He couldn't get that team going until the second period. They were continuously down 2 goals within 5-10 minutes of the game starting.

And no, if you take away the OTL points MacTavish's record is still superior.

Quote:
Walsher mentions 1 or 2 playoff appearances.......yet fails to mention that they beat out the Stars to enter the second round. The following year knocking out the highly touted Avalanche to also enter the 2nd round AGAIN!
With a far more talented and veteran club. CUJO stood on his head and won the Dallas series himself. Guerin was a big factor in the other along with CUJO.

Quote:
Doug Weight didn't do that all alone. How strong was the supporting cast past Weight? We don't have a Weight right now, but we do have alot of strong core players.
So you agree; Low did have a better team. MacTavish doesn't have Weight and Guerin or CUJO to carry his team.

Quote:
That team beleived in themselves. That team played for each other. That team had alot of players picking up their assignments.......and at least knew them.
That is because they were a veteran club. Talented veteran clubs tend to play more cohesively. Another reason why Lowe probably picked up Oates.

You keep expecting this team to play like a veteran one. And because they don't you lay the blame at MacTAvish's feet. My goodness they haven't learned to beat 10+ year NHL/ Stanley Cup veterans at the faceoff dot after 2 weeks of practice (heck months)....what the hell is MacTavish doing? You mean rookies don't know a system from the hole in their head's. Heck we all know Modano became a defensive gem within seconds of signing his first NHL contract. Why not Horcoff?

This team is filled with rookies in important positions. Can you name 2 other teams that play with as many rookies and sophmores as we do in our starting line-up? And as well?

HOZ is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 07:22 PM
  #30
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Smyth is playing like a checker, why not play him as a checker.
Because he isn't one? And he sure isn't *that* reliable defensively at the center position regardless.

momentai is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 07:48 PM
  #31
gretzky2kurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ
Again, Low had a more talented and veteran club. He couldn't get that team going until the second period. They were continuously down 2 goals within 5-10 minutes of the game starting.

And no, if you take away the OTL points MacTavish's record is still superior.



With a far more talented and veteran club. CUJO stood on his head and won the Dallas series himself. Guerin was a big factor in the other along with CUJO.



So you agree; Low did have a better team. MacTavish doesn't have Weight and Guerin or CUJO to carry his team.



That is because they were a veteran club. Talented veteran clubs tend to play more cohesively. Another reason why Lowe probably picked up Oates.

You keep expecting this team to play like a veteran one. And because they don't you lay the blame at MacTAvish's feet. My goodness they haven't learned to beat 10+ year NHL/ Stanley Cup veterans at the faceoff dot after 2 weeks of practice (heck months)....what the hell is MacTavish doing? You mean rookies don't know a system from the hole in their head's. Heck we all know Modano became a defensive gem within seconds of signing his first NHL contract. Why not Horcoff?

This team is filled with rookies in important positions. Can you name 2 other teams that play with as many rookies and sophmores as we do in our starting line-up? And as well?
I see.

So basically EVERYTHING I said was wrong.

Okay HOZ.

Thanks for taking me to school.

gretzky2kurri is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 03:56 AM
  #32
HOZ
Registered User
 
HOZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Japan
Country: Japan
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
I see.

So basically EVERYTHING I said was wrong.

Okay HOZ.

Thanks for taking me to school.
YES. Everything you said was wrong.

And you are welcome.

HOZ is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.