HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: ALL Yahoo Fantasy leaguers please step in

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2003, 09:08 AM
Kodiak

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
OT: ALL Yahoo Fantasy leaguers please step in

Because nyr Lundmark 21 has quit the league and there is no way to change a manager or drop a team once the season starts, I have decided to hold an impromptu dispersal draft, unless there are any objections. As of the end on next week (week 9) every team in the league will have played every other team exactly once, so this is the perfect time to hold the draft. The rosters will remain as they are for the next week while we hold the draft, and then the roster of Lundmark's team will be emptied and the players redistributed as per the results of the draft. The team will remain in the league, but empty so, whoever faces the team that week will get easy points for that week, but since everyone will face the team, it will even out.

For the draft, my idea is this: we hold the draft like a waiver draft. The order will be set in the reverse of the current standings and the order remains the same from round to round (i.e. it will NOT be snaked like the fantasy draft was). For every pick made, another player must be dropped, so that player is exposed and open to be picked by any other team. You do NOT have to select anyone if you do not want to drop a player from your roster. The draft will continue for as long as it takes, so long as at least 2 teams make a selection in the last round. Once only one or no teams make a selection in a round, the draft ends. The draft will start Monday morning when the results for this week are in. As of now, this is the draft order, though it will likely change slightly on Monday:
1. Boozehounds (Melrose_Jr.)
2. The Hitmen (Draft Guru)
3. New York Dolls (Fletch)
4. TurboGranato (Bluenote13)
5. jarjarjedi (jar jar links)
6. The Storm (Kodiak)
7. Sabotage (Mark Pavelich)
8. SCFA (Faceman)
9. chicksdigthelongball (37-93-27/sneak)

I ask that all of you please check in as often as possible once the draft starts. If it is not done by Thursday at 10 PM (Eastern time, of course), the draft will end where it is. I need 2 days for these players to clear waivers and Yahoo will not let me edit the league settings anymore. After the draft, all remaining players will be dropped out onto the waiver wire for the entire league.

The players currently Lundmark's roster are:
F:
Lundmark (C/W)
Handzus (C)
Bertuzzi (W)
Murray, Glen (W)
Czerkawski (W)
Mogilny (W)
Spezza (C)
Prospal (W)
Sundin (C)
Nolan (W)
Heatley (W) - IR

D:
Hamrlik
Kubina
Sydor

G:
Biron
Weekes
Thibault - IR

I'd appreciate it if all fantasy leaguers would post in this thread just so I know you've read it, even if you don't have any thoughts or comments to add.

Last edited by Kodiak: 11-30-2003 at 05:58 AM.
Old
11-29-2003, 11:31 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
id just like to say im very sorry for qutting. I just do not have enough time.. hopefully this doesnt cause any bad blood.

Old
11-29-2003, 03:42 PM
sexyalexei27

Send a message via Yahoo to sexyalexei27
what a team he had......except for bertuzzi......only 1 or 2 players are gonna get some

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 11-30-2003 at 12:46 PM.
Old
11-29-2003, 03:45 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyalexei27
what a sh!tty team he had......except for bertuzzi......only 1 or 2 players are gonna get some
thats what happens when you pick last in the draft, and miss the draft without making a list. Wasnt my fault..

Old
11-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyalexei27
what a sh!tty team he had......except for bertuzzi......only 1 or 2 players are gonna get some
Actually, I think Murray, Mogilny, Sundin, Prospal, and even Czerkawski will garner interest among the forwards. And Hamrlik and Sydor should be picked up too. These guys don't have to be top contributers, they just have to replace your weakest link. I'd take them over Parrish or Zednick or Marleau or even Brewer with the way he's playing this year (all of which are on my team this year).

The goaltending on the other hand...

Old
11-29-2003, 05:42 PM
Kodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
thats what happens when you pick last in the draft, and miss the draft without making a list. Wasnt my fault..
The draft was snaked, so while you may have picked at #10, you also picked at #11, and the person with the #1 pick had to wait through 18 selections before making his second pick. So he may have gotten an A and a C level player with his picks, while you got 2 B level players with your picks. It all evens out if you make it work.

Old
11-29-2003, 06:00 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
The draft was snaked, so while you may have picked at #10, you also picked at #11, and the person with the #1 pick had to wait through 18 selections before making his second pick. So he may have gotten an A and a C level player with his picks, while you got 2 B level players with your picks. It all evens out if you make it work.
true, well i still missed the draft ;o

Old
11-29-2003, 08:35 PM
Mark Pavelich

Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
I am Sabotage Kodiak!!! Sounds good to me I am going to get together with my scouts and see if there will be any moves that will improve my team ;-)

Old
11-30-2003, 11:39 AM
FACEMAN

Quote:
id just like to say im very sorry for qutting. I just do not have enough time.. hopefully this doesnt cause any bad blood.
Lundmark 21, you seem to have a lot of time, enough to post to this thread 3 times. 31 posts in the last 2.5 days. 1,702 (4.03 posts per day) to date on just this site. It takes 15 minutes a week to run a team. I hope you will reconsider and stick this out since you made a committment by joining this league.

To the rest of the members. I am not in favor of the proposed draft.

A) I do not feel its fair to have a draft mid-season that will benefit the lesser teams (yes I am biased). If this was at the end of the season for next year that would be fair, but 25 games in and the guy in last place gets rewarded for being there, i don't see the logic.

B) Will all the teams play the "gutted" lundmark team an equal amount of times??

I vote that Lundmark's team stays intact with the best starting lineup in place the rest of the season.

Just my two cents. Either that or we take turns trying to figure out his password.

Last edited by FACEMAN: 11-30-2003 at 11:43 AM.
Old
11-30-2003, 02:27 PM
sexyalexei27

Send a message via Yahoo to sexyalexei27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEMAN
Lundmark 21, you seem to have a lot of time, enough to post to this thread 3 times. 31 posts in the last 2.5 days. 1,702 (4.03 posts per day) to date on just this site. It takes 15 minutes a week to run a team. I hope you will reconsider and stick this out since you made a committment by joining this league.

To the rest of the members. I am not in favor of the proposed draft.

A) I do not feel its fair to have a draft mid-season that will benefit the lesser teams (yes I am biased). If this was at the end of the season for next year that would be fair, but 25 games in and the guy in last place gets rewarded for being there, i don't see the logic.

B) Will all the teams play the "gutted" lundmark team an equal amount of times??

I vote that Lundmark's team stays intact with the best starting lineup in place the rest of the season.

Just my two cents. Either that or we take turns trying to figure out his password.
excellent point face man.....and im not even in this leagueeee

Old
12-01-2003, 05:51 AM
Kodiak

Since no one seems to give a crap anymore, this is what I'll do: I'll add another decent d-man to the roster (since he only has 3) and leave the best lineup in place through the rest of the season.

I would have liked to have held the dispersal draft because I don't like the idea of having some very good players on the shelf and not doing anything for anybody. I also thought it would open up new trade possibilities as most of us are set with our rosters right now. But I guess no one wants to be involved much right now.

Old
12-01-2003, 06:34 AM
Melrose_Jr.

NYR Lundmark 21, couldn't you just give your password to someone else? There's gotta be someone out there who wants to join the league and accept the challenge, right?

Old
12-01-2003, 07:31 AM
Kodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
NYR Lundmark 21, couldn't you just give your password to someone else? There's gotta be someone out there who wants to join the league and accept the challenge, right?
It's not that simple. A Yahoo ID can be used for a host of other things (e-mail, instant messenger, personal websites, etc.). Asking him for the password is a bad idea.

Old
12-01-2003, 07:36 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
It's not that simple. A Yahoo ID can be used for a host of other things (e-mail, instant messenger, personal websites, etc.). Asking him for the password is a bad idea.
Yeah. I have other things on Yahoo! therefore cannot give up the password.

Old
12-01-2003, 08:44 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Yeah. I have other things on Yahoo! therefore cannot give up the password.
You should see if you can get another yahoo ID b/c the bottom line is that was a BS move and if you make a commitment to something like this you can't just call it a day b/c you're in last place in the league.

Something like this screws everybody else in the league.And as Faceman said you are always posting here so how pressed for time can you be that a 2 minute lineup change is just too much too do?

Call it what it is, you just don't want to be bothered anymore.

I was actually going to join this league as well but it was full so you not only are F'in the guys currently in the league but also others who wanted to get in on the league as well from the start.

Old
12-01-2003, 08:54 AM
Kodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
You should see if you can get another yahoo ID b/c the bottom line is that was a BS move and if you make a commitment to something like this you can't just call it a day b/c you're in last place in the league.

Something like this screws everybody else in the league.And as Faceman said you are always posting here so how pressed for time can you be that a 2 minute lineup change is just too much too do?

Call it what it is, you just don't want to be bothered anymore.

I was actually going to join this league as well but it was full so you not only are F'in the guys currently in the league but also others who wanted to get in on the league as well from the start.
I agree. I spend about a minute a day setting my lineup and checking last night's results. After the draft is over (assuming you actually showed up or did some prep work for the draft), then the time requirement is next to nothing. What really irritates me about this is that I had to turn away a semi-new poster because so many of the regulars wanted to be in.

And JR, you should have said something before we started the league. I was willing to make room for the long-timers, as I did for Fletch.

Old
12-01-2003, 09:18 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
And JR, you should have said something before we started the league. I was willing to make room for the long-timers, as I did for Fletch.
You guys were all set by the time I had looked to jump in which was cool/I don't know where I was when you set it up but I must have not been posting or something or just missed the thread.

I got into a great Yahoo league on the side anyway with my brother and some friends--a 10 team league that is alot of fun but I would;ve liked to be in a lague with you guys as well.I'll be sure to get in early next year.

Old
12-01-2003, 09:47 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Fine.. i will not quit. I will contine to manage my team daily.

JR: This had nothing to do with my spot in the league.

Old
12-01-2003, 10:04 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Fine.. i will not quit. I will contine to manage my team daily.

JR: This had nothing to do with my spot in the league.
Hey Lundy, your a good guy here and all and I waqsn't trying to break your balls but rather I just think that if you take on a responsibility like this you have to follow through and honor it as if F's up everything else within a fantasy league like this and that just isn't fair to the others in the league.

I'd even take over your team if the password thing could be worked out.

Old
12-01-2003, 10:24 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Hey Lundy, your a good guy here and all and I waqsn't trying to break your balls but rather I just think that if you take on a responsibility like this you have to follow through and honor it as if F's up everything else within a fantasy league like this and that just isn't fair to the others in the league.

I'd even take over your team if the password thing could be worked out.
Yeah, i understand and i now realize i cannot just drop the team out of the blue. Ill GM the team.. I need a good d-man, send offers if anyone has one available.

Old
12-01-2003, 03:00 PM
FACEMAN

Quote:
Yeah, i understand and i now realize i cannot just drop the team out of the blue. Ill GM the team.. I need a good d-man, send offers if anyone has one available.
lundmark 21, glad to hear your sticking it out. if you need a hand i have about 3-4 moves that should change your team around. send me an email or pm.

Closed Thread