HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

GDT: Doug MacLean Show 12/20/06 3:00 p.m. EST

Old
12-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Halfboard
New Look

vCash: 500
what a tool DM is.......................

as always, I wish I was listening to the Ken Hitchcock show..................

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Byrral

Not much substance out of this show. Glad to hear there will be some OT with George Matthews on the Big Show. Maybe they can talk about hockey instead of the shucking and jiving

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 03:00 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
Not much substance out of this show. Glad to hear there will be some OT with George Matthews on the Big Show. Maybe they can talk about hockey instead of the shucking and jiving
Totally agree..pretty much a waste of air time. I guess when the team's winning nobody calls in although I did send in an email that went unanswered

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 03:03 PM
cbj21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
No fan is tickled pink at .500, unless you were an old Bengals fan. .500 doesn't get you into the playoffs. We want the Cup, but the playoff's would be a necessary first step, one would think.
Some fans are already tickled pink and well see when we reach .500 wont we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspoWorld View Post
that's true

but under hitch, they are over .500, bub

and DM the doof was talking about Hitch, not the overall record to this point
Not true as GG was still coach when he said it and therfor had nothing to do with Hitch or any post Hitch stats at all at the time, bub

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 03:09 PM
EspoWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj21 View Post
Not true as GG was still coach when he said it and therfor had nothing to do with Hitch or any post Hitch stats at all at the time, bub
Not sure what you're talking about.

The original post said DM finally said Hitch is doing a good job.

My post only followed up to say he should be thrilled. DM used the tickled pink reference to being .500, and Hitch is over .500 (7-4-1 I believe)

EspoWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 03:15 PM
CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender11 View Post
Suspects AJ will sit. AJ or Shelley.
Was anything else mentioned on this? GD I hope he sits Shelley and not AJ.

CBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 03:15 PM
cbj21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspoWorld View Post
Not sure what you're talking about.

The original post said DM finally said Hitch is doing a good job.

My post only followed up to say he should be thrilled. DM used the tickled pink reference to being .500, and Hitch is over .500 (7-4-1 I believe)
okay but but he said it as a reference of getting an overall record of .500 if we had won the last 2 games at the time but instead we lost both. So what i mean is that he wont think anyone will be tickle pinked before we reach .500 overall record and were many points from that still

Old
12-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Matt

How about calling out the Fritsche/Chimera/Carter line for it's poor play Monday. From the sound of it, that line will be broken up if they don't have a good game tonight. Sounds like they are counting on this line to do the scoring tonight, as he expects the Federov/Nash/Vyborny line to be shut down

Last edited by Matt: 12-20-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 03:22 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ View Post
Was anything else mentioned on this? GD I hope he sits Shelley and not AJ.
If Shelley sits, who plays wing on the fourth line? Would we dress seven d-men to face Detroit or is someone else injured? I would guess Hitch could roll three lines and spot Brule and Malholtra on special teams, but what advantage would we gain by having all of our defensemen available?

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 03:24 PM
cbj21

maybe Fed, Vyb, Modin or someone could be doubble shifting on the fourth line?

Old
12-20-2006, 03:28 PM
CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
If Shelley sits, who plays wing on the fourth line? Would we dress seven d-men to face Detroit or is someone else injured? I would guess Hitch could roll three lines and spot Brule and Malholtra on special teams, but what advantage would we gain by having all of our defensemen available?
The advantage is that we have some semblance of stamina left at the end of the game and god forbid but what if footer isn't really ready to be back?? They stick Malhotra and Brule in to kill penalities and double shift some of hte other guys. I see a non-issue and a better use of Brule and Malhotra plus some insurance if Footer goes down or our D gets worn like it did on Monday.

CBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 03:36 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj21 View Post
Some fans are already tickled pink and well see when we reach .500 wont we?
I am NOT tickled pink with the record. I am not tickled pink with the total game we are playing right now, we still have a lot of work to do, but at least we are improving.

I AM tickled pink with the progress that Hitch is making with the team.

Two completely and totally different topics. I will never be tickled pink with a .500 record. I will be happy when we get to .500, but certainly not tickled pink.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 03:40 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ View Post
The advantage is that we have some semblance of stamina left at the end of the game and god forbid but what if footer isn't really ready to be back?? They stick Malhotra and Brule in to kill penalities and double shift some of hte other guys. I see a non-issue and a better use of Brule and Malhotra plus some insurance if Footer goes down or our D gets worn like it did on Monday.

That makes some sense, CBJ. Thanks.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 03:48 PM
cbj21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I am NOT tickled pink with the record. I am not tickled pink with the total game we are playing right now, we still have a lot of work to do, but at least we are improving.

I AM tickled pink with the progress that Hitch is making with the team.

Two completely and totally different topics. I will never be tickled pink with a .500 record. I will be happy when we get to .500, but certainly not tickled pink.
Its also 2 completely different scenarios now ; pre and post hitch so what was said in the past is also not possibel to relate to now under different sircumstances. And if we had won the 2 games giving us .500 at the time we would have been on a roll just like we are now.

edit; not stats wice as now but on a winning roll i ment :p

Old
12-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
How about calling out the Fritsche/Chimera/Carter line for it's poor play Monday. From the sound of it, that line will be broken up if they don't have a good game tonight. Sounds like they are counting on this line to do the scoring tonight, as he expects the Federov/Nash/Vyborny line to be shut down
I kinda wish a bit of shuffling would be done. Vybes is an important part of the top line; but now that Nash is suddenly playing like Nash, I think Hitch can afford to put Vybes on a different line to try to help other guys out.

Right now, I'd put Modin back on the top line. He's cooled, and playing with two hot players might get him going again. Rick showed he can put up points even while playing RW. Vyborny can play with Z/Svitov, even though I absolutely loved how Vyborny/Brule looked in the offensive zone in their brief time together....

I'd shuffle the third and fourth line, too, but only if Picard was in the lineup.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote