HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Board "Comment Box"

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 05:14 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Blues Board "Comment Box"

Since there's been comments in the past (especially on other Blues boards) about what is and isn't allowed on this board, I decided to start this thread to allow anyone interested to voice their comments. It's open to all users so if you've got something you want to say about how things are done here, this is the place to state your comments. (Keep it within HF guidelines - that means don't attack any other users. Otherwise...I'll try to let things go as much as possible.) Dissent is allowed (and even encouraged!), so you don't have to be nice under fear of later punishment (unless something you say falls outside of HF guidelines...and again – it has to be really blatant to earn punishment.) I'll try to address things as time permits and hopefully use the comments made here to improve the Blues board.

This thread will stay up for a yet-to-be-determined amount of time…but don’t wait forever to leave your comments.

What do you like about the Blues board? What do you not like? What do you want to see here? What do you not want to see here? Suggestions? Comments?

My brief thoughts…

There’s a perception that not agreeing with the commonly held ideas is not allowed. That’s not true. In fact, I personally started discussion threads about Larry Pleau, Joel Quenneville (who I’ve been critical of in the past on many occasions), and the goaltending issue before the start of the season. I have no problem with someone who disagrees with the majority…but I do have a problem with how some choose to go about it (which is where some people got the idea that dissent isn’t allowed here). Example: Osgood. If you think Osgood isn’t the goalie who can carry the Blues deep in the playoffs, fine – explain why. Don’t just come here and say that Osgood sucks. Have a comment that can provide a basis for discussion, not just some rambling comment designed to provoke name calling.

Under no circumstance will PB or I ever allow threads such as “SIEVE GIVES UP ANOTHER!” – those are clearly designed to inflame others and will not be tolerated. (Those of you who are regularly on other Blues forums…you know what I’m talking about.) If I want to know if Osgood gave up a goal, I’ll look at the box score. If you want to explain how Osgood looked horrible trying to clear the puck and it led to a goal for the opposition, fine – explain it using a thread title such as, “What was Osgood thinking?” – something that isn’t a troll-like statement. Again…I don’t want to delete posts if I can help it, but I won’t allow troll-like threads here.

(probably) More later…but I want to hear from everyone else first.

12-01-2003, 05:56 AM
execwrite

vCash: 500
This board is sane because of your monitoring. Keep up the good work.

Old
12-01-2003, 08:02 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
This board is sane because of your monitoring. Keep up the good work.
I agree,

When is degroat and nick due back. Its sad how the bruins board went crazy that day.

Last edited by topshelf331: 12-01-2003 at 10:55 AM.
Old
12-01-2003, 09:05 AM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
I agree,

When is degroat and nick due back. Its sad how the bruins board went crazy that day.
Nick was here earlier today.

Old
12-01-2003, 07:23 PM
dirt

Are you sure dissent is allowed?

Old
12-02-2003, 02:10 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt
Are you sure dissent is allowed?
Reasonable, rational dissent is clearly allowed. Note how HMD is keeping it real in the "What The Blues Need" thread, and thus, isn't getting any flak from IB or myself.

Trolling, name-calling, and continuation of divisive "hot-button" topics from other Blues' forums (Burke, etc.) are not allowed.

--------------------

PrussianBlue

Old
12-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Nick Blue

topshelf, Ive been here all along, just not posting because of the holiday.

Old
12-03-2003, 12:04 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrussianBlue
Trolling, name-calling, and continuation of divisive "hot-button" topics from other Blues' forums (Burke, etc.) are not allowed.

--------------------

PrussianBlue
Put it this way....you have to work really hard to get in trouble in this thread.

Again....dissent is allowed, so if you've got something to say here, let it out.

Old
12-30-2003, 12:06 PM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Put it this way....you have to work really hard to get in trouble in this thread.

Again....dissent is allowed, so if you've got something to say here, let it out.
Uhhhhh . . . Irish Blues is a doody-brain and PrussianBlue is a kaka-face. And . . . Tkachoke also sux . . . Pleau is a stoopid-head.

Would I have to work harder than that? If so, I don't know how I could do it. I had to use my 6-year old cousin as a source for those insults. Apparently they "kill" on the playground.

EDIT - I forgot to add that Osgood is a kaka-poopy.

Closed Thread