HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Sabres @ Predators 12-22-06

Old
12-21-2006, 08:17 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
GDT: Sabres @ Predators 12-22-06

Game Day Notes from NashvillePredators.com

GAMEDAY: Preds host Sabres, 7 PM

December 21, 2006

TONIGHT'S MATCH-UP

WHO: Nashville Predators (23-8-3) vs. Buffalo Sabres (24-7-2)

TICKETS: Still available!! Order online, call (615) 770-PUCK or visit any Ticketmaster outlet

WHEN: 7 p.m. CT

WHERE: Gaylord Entertainment Center, Nashville, TN

TONIGHT THE PREDS WEAR: Blue

TONIGHT'S ANTHEM PERFORMER: Tanaro Sisters

TONIGHT'S INTERMISSION BAND: Damon Smith

TELEVISION: FSN South (Comcast cable Ch. 28 in Davidson and Williamson counties; DirecTV regional sports network alternate Ch. 664); pregame show begins 6:30 p.m.

RADIO: WGFX 104.5-FM; SATELLITE RADIO: SIRIUS Ch. 130

The Nashville Predators face the Buffalo Sabres tonight for the first time since November 29, 2003, a 4-1 Nashville win at the Gaylord Entertainment Center. The Predators have won four straight vs. the Sabres and have not lost to Buffalo since January 6, 2001 (0-2 at the GEC). Nashville is 5-2-2 all-time vs. the Sabres and 2-2-1 in Music City.

Game time is 7:00 p.m. CT and tickets are still available. To order, purchase online, call 615-770-PUCK or visit any Ticketmaster outlet. Fans 21 and over at the GEC tonight will be able to enjoy "Hockey Happy Hour," which features $2 beers through the end of the first intermission. The game will be broadcast locally on FSN South and on WGFX 104.5-FM.

Tonight is the second of back-to-back games for Nashville after a 2-1 win over the Blackhawks in Chicago last night. The Predators are 7-0-1 this season in the second half of back-to-back contests and are 5-0-0 overall vs. Eastern Conference opponents. Nashville comes into tonight's contest five points ahead of the Detroit Red Wings in the Central Division.

Buffalo comes into tonight’s game leading the Eastern Conference with 50 points (24-7-2). The Sabres, who started the 2006-07 season with 10 consecutive wins, have lost two straight contests for the first time this season. The Sabres fell 3-1 to Ottawa on Saturday before losing 5-2 to the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday night.

Predators Notes: The Predators scored a power-play goal for the fifth straight game last night and now have nine power-play tallies in their last seven games... Nashville is now just three wins shy of the franchise record for road wins in a season. The Preds went 18-18-5 in 2000-01... The Predators improved to 14-3-3 last night in one-goal wins and are now 15-6-2 this season when outshot by their opponent...

Chris Mason continued his stellar play last night at Chicago, turning away 28 of Chicago's 29 shots. Mason has won five straight contests, allowing just six goals in his last five games and has stopped 143 of the last 149 shots he has faced...

Paul Kariya, who leads the club in scoring with 34 points (9g-25a), extended his current point streak to five games (3g-5a-8pts) with his 350th and 351st career goals last night at Chicago... Kimmo Timonen posted two assists last night, giving him three points (1g-2a) in his last two games. Timonen leads the Preds and ranks among NHL d-men leaders with 22 points (7g-15a)... Martin Erat assisted on Kariya's game-winner last night and now has eight assists in his last seven games.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 08:35 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
i don't think i've looked forward to a game so much in a couple of years.

This is going to be run and gun, hopefully Mason is as sharp as he has been.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 09:34 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
i don't think i've looked forward to a game so much in a couple of years.

This is going to be run and gun, hopefully Mason is as sharp as he has been.
we havent come out on the top of the run and gun games this year. are we going to lose 8-6 tonight?

Old
12-21-2006, 10:07 AM
MayDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
we havent come out on the top of the run and gun games this year. are we going to lose 8-6 tonight?
Hi guys, Sabres fan here. Looking forward to this one tonight.

As for run-and-gun, I don't know. The Sabres' offense (esp. the powerplay) has been in a bad slump over the last stretch of games, and we are now enduring our first losing streak of the year. I actually hope for a run-and-gun game. Playing another fast, talented, scoring team like the Preds may re-awaken the Sabres' offense.

Also looking forward to seeing J.P. again. 'The Chin' was a fan favorite in Buffalo and I hope he is in Nashville too. But his departure wasn't as bitter and rancorous as the media makes it sound. I think everyone, including J.P., understood it was a decision forced by the salary cap, and the Sabres would've kept him if they could.

Good luck tonight! (not too much though )

MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

This is going to be a great game. I'll be in my seats, cheering away.

Is Arnott going to play?

12-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Lower bowl is completely full, and upper is getting there. Gonna be a good atmosphere, and hopefully its the game we all know it could/should be.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 11:24 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
This is going to be a great game. I'll be in my seats, cheering away.

Is Arnott going to play?
I'd be surprised\annoyed if he didn't. This is a big game.

Old
12-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Jarnberg

This is one of those games that I've been excited to see all season long, and I have to go out of town for some Holiday stuff.. blah!

Hopefully the Predators show up tonight, otherwise, this might be a nasty game. We also shouldn't get in a shootout (not the tie game ending shootout ) with Buffalo, as we might come up short ala Chicago and Minnesota.

Hopefully Zanon isn't put out there when Afinogenov is on the ice...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 11:36 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by csstranger View Post
This is one of those games that I've been excited to see all season long, and I have to go out of town for some Holiday stuff.. blah!

Hopefully the Predators show up tonight, otherwise, this might be a nasty game. We also shouldn't get in a shootout (not the tie game ending shootout ) with Buffalo, as we might come up short ala Chicago and Minnesota.

[B]Hopefully Zanon isn't put out there when Afinogenov is on the ice...

Old
12-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:

He'll get burned like a Witch in Salem if that's the case!

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Hopefully Kariya can keep up his great play.

12-21-2006, 11:58 AM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post
Hopefully Kariya can keep up his great play.
Looking into my crystal ball, I see that Kariya gets a hat trick tonight! (crossing my fingers)

Radulov & Arnott each get a goal as well...

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 12:02 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
Hi guys, Sabres fan here. Looking forward to this one tonight.

As for run-and-gun, I don't know. The Sabres' offense (esp. the powerplay) has been in a bad slump over the last stretch of games, and we are now enduring our first losing streak of the year. I actually hope for a run-and-gun game. Playing another fast, talented, scoring team like the Preds may re-awaken the Sabres' offense.

Also looking forward to seeing J.P. again. 'The Chin' was a fan favorite in Buffalo and I hope he is in Nashville too. But his departure wasn't as bitter and rancorous as the media makes it sound. I think everyone, including J.P., understood it was a decision forced by the salary cap, and the Sabres would've kept him if they could.

Good luck tonight! (not too much though )
I'm looking forward to this game. This could be a unique game for both teams. This might be the first time all year that each team faces someone just as fast as them.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 12:14 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

I just realized that I put the wrong date in the thread title.

Old
12-21-2006, 12:29 PM
irisheyes555

preds tonight, titans on sunday.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 12:31 PM
AdsSabresRule

Sabres at Preds...

Quote:

Well, I actually might not get to see the game...but I'll throw in a couple of cents...
Yeah, Afini goes into afterburn really quick. 0 - 60 in no time! He also is one of the few players that will go end - to - end and actually get a decent scoring chance on ya'. The Preds have to try to stand up the Sabres at the blueline, and not collapse on net in a jumble. Our forwards pass/shoot really well, so you need to try to 'play the man' effectively. The problem with that is that you can get burned, and end up looking like a human pylon out there! I have also found that you have to play really physical with us. We are bit on the small side at the skilled forward positions. You can't give Vanek and Briere any room out there. Pommi and Roy are quick, but streaky...Our defense is okay, but nothing spectacular. Right now I'm not liking Kalinin at all! You DON'T want to go into a run and gun shootout with us. No offense, but I don't think the Preds have the 'horses' to do that with the Sabres. But, I think your D is better than ours, save one or two spotty kids (Zanon) and if you get up 2 or 3, and stay physical for 60 minutes, you guys will probably get out with the W. I think as hot as the Preds have played, and your at home, and if they get keyed up for the game, and the Sabres have really looked sluggish the last two or three - you guys have a better chance than not to take this one...
Enjoy! Oh - you can't give Kotalik room to shoot from the top of the circles - his shot is wicked fast/hard/accurate!

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 12:33 PM
PredDave

I just pray this game doesn't wake up the "Who is better: Kariya or Briere?" threads....

I still say that Kariya is much better!!!

hehehe

Last edited by PredDave: 12-21-2006 at 02:15 PM.
PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post
I just pray this game doesn't wake up the "Who is better: Kariya or Briere?" threads....

I still say that Kariya is much better!!! hehehe

Bahahaha, the 90000000000 reply thread.

Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post

I still say that Kariya is much better!!! hehehe
For the record, I was the creator of that thread. (Please hold the applause) . That thread was not about who's better, it was polling who was going to have the better season this year. At this point, it's a close race.

Anyhoot, I would be surprised if the Preds don't come out victorious tonight. Sabres are not playing their best hockey of late, and the Preds are going to be another team hungry to beat Buffalo.

Good Luck tonight and this season. And may the best player (Briere or Kariya) win!

Fan-of-#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Tachycineta

i would be willing for a trade- preds can take the game over the sabres and the bills can win over the titans.... Anyways, you guys have an exciting team and it should be a great game and as long as you guys stay ahead of the Redwings, I am happy.

2010 bandwagon jumper- Go Habs and Bruins!
Tachycineta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Hazeltherabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycineta View Post
i would be willing for a trade- preds can take the game over the sabres and the bills can win over the titans.... Anyways, you guys have an exciting team and it should be a great game and as long as you guys stay ahead of the Redwings, I am happy.
I like this trade! Lets do it and we will throw in a bag of pucks.

Hazeltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 03:44 PM
tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycineta View Post
I would totally do that trade too. 5+ years of watching Bills games with no playoffs has got to pay off one of this seasons.

tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 06:12 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

This Giants fan bids his regards to Scott "Nor-wide"

Old
12-21-2006, 06:46 PM
AdsSabresRule

Sabres going with backup against Preds...

But - I don't think you can count Marty Biron as a backup...a convo started on another blog about who is better? Mason or Biron...I guess we might see tonight.

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 06:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdsSabresRule View Post
But - I don't think you can count Marty Biron as a backup...a convo started on another blog about who is better? Mason or Biron...I guess we might see tonight.

Most would say you can't really count Mason as a backup, either, given the fact that he's played better than 2\3s of the starters in the league this year.