HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT: New York Rangers @ Florida Panthers 7:30 PM

Old
12-22-2006, 03:10 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

vCash: 500
I'm glad I haven't watched any of the last 4 games live.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 05:40 AM
Peter The Great

Renney should have given Montoya a chance these last games.

A Lundqvist/Montoya combination could be one hell of a tandem.

21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 06:11 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
Renney should have given Montoya a chance these last games.

A Lundqvist/Montoya combination could be one hell of a tandem.
I thought Montoya looked pretty crappy at best during pre season. Still don't understand the hype surrounding that guy.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:13 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Did anyone watch the show after the game? I think it was Hockey Night in New York or something like that. When they recapped the game, they replayed a Rangers power play (it might have been a 5-on-3, I don't know for sure because I missed parts of the game here and there) and had a ticker in the bottom right-hand corner counting off the # of passes the Rangers made before they took a shot. 9 passes!

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:27 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Nylander is so important to this team and I can't wait for his return.
I don't know if Nylander is that important (don't get me wrong, he is) or does his play seem THAT much better considering Renney's choice to replace him is Jason Ward. Some of the moves that Renney makes are just bizarre.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Did anyone watch the show after the game? I think it was Hockey Night in New York or something like that. When they recapped the game, they replayed a Rangers power play (it might have been a 5-on-3, I don't know for sure because I missed parts of the game here and there) and had a ticker in the bottom right-hand corner counting off the # of passes the Rangers made before they took a shot. 9 passes!
Well duh, thats how you score! You know nothing about hockey

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:31 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
I think he's another Andy Delmore regardless of tonight. Now, if you want to argue that Baranka should be called up, I'm there. I'm perfectly willing to live with Baranka's rookie mistakes, just like we're living with Tyutin's, because I think he'll be a player.
Imitation is the highest form of flattery. I know when and where the Delmore comparison started, but can we just try to give the kid maybe several games in a row before we crucify him? I will be perfectly willing to jump off the Pock bandwagon, but can we at least give him just a little bit of rope? Renney seems to have no issue with skating a pair of 7th defensemen out there (Ozolinsh & Malik) for games on end without making changes. Let's give Pock (who has been scratched for about two months) some time before we definitively pronouce him dead.

And I have no idea of how you are willing to live with Baranka's mistakes, but not Pock's. Basically, you are willing to take the pain with Baranka becuase you like him better. That does not seem like a sound way to evaluate prospects.

Old
12-22-2006, 08:31 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather View Post
What has made you think this, besides this board? How has he played enough to get the benefit of rookie mistakes but Pock isn't eligible?
That's what I'd like to know.

Old
12-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Larry Melnyk

A losing streak..And worse then that, a losing streak playing crappy, undisciplined and low energy hockey..I am concerned but still Can't get all worked up about it becasue it happens to all teams and the ship can be righted.....BUT for the short-term and long-term, changes do have to be made....I truly think we will see some significant changes after the trade freeze is lifted..It will start with ORTS being brought up and, to make most happy, I won;t be surprised if there are a few other Packers also given a shot with guys like ineffective guys like Hall, Holly,Hossa, Prucha,Immo,Isbister,Orr etc taking seats or being sent down/waived...ANd my bet is the Rangers are working hard on getting a 2nd C in here sooner then later with more then one player going out...These will be the first moves....But, they may not mean much because it does seem like COACHING is a huge problem right now...... Lookingto me like it's very possible Renney has little effect on this team anymore and it's time for him to move upstairs..Unless he can change his stripes and really motivate this team..But personnel moves will come first...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 11:22 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

****!!!!!!!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
I'm glad I haven't watched any of the last 4 games live.
Me too. DVR all the way.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Esa 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Imitation is the highest form of flattery. I know when and where the Delmore comparison started, but can we just try to give the kid maybe several games in a row before we crucify him?
Huh? If you're implying that I'm making the Delmore comparison solely because it was on this board before, you are either flattering yourself or somebody else here. Different people reaching the same conclusions independently is common. But it isn't something that one should have to prove. Refuting a negative generally involves going in circles. To give you an analogy:

"Renney seems to have no issue with skating a pair of 7th defensemen out there (Ozolinsh & Malik) for games on end without making changes."

I have seen you criticize Ozo/Malik in numerous posts. A perfectly reasonable assumption would be that you base it on having watched them play. However, if I was to doubt you bringing good faith into discussion, I would presume that you're calling them 7th defensemen only because it's a view held by a vast majority of Ranger fans on every board. There isn't anything negative you can say about these guys that hasn't been said a hundred times by someone else. Are you imitating? There's no way for you to prove you're not. So why bother having the conversation?

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote