HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Is it legal to post another Comrie rumour?

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 06:41 AM
Seachd

vCash: 500
Is it legal to post another Comrie rumour?

I haven't read this directly from the source, because it seems to be a pay site, and I really have no idea if the paper or writer have has any credibility at all. Anyway:

"HAPLESS HAWKS GOING NOWHERE (by Scott Taylor, The Winnipeg Free Press, Sunday, November 30th)

THE struggling Blackhawks appear ready to make another trade and it looks like they're talking daily with the Edmonton Oilers.
It's already been rumoured that the Oilers are interested in acquiring Winnipegger Tyler Arnason, a skilled 24-year-old centre who would fit in nicely as a replacement for disgruntled hold-out centre Mike Comrie.
A deal between the two clubs seems more likely every day. The Oilers have sent scout Dave Semenko out to report on the Blackhawks entire three-game California road trip, a trip that ended yesterday with three staight losses and a GM ready to make a big move.
"

I wouldn't mind a whole Comrie+ to Chicago for something (hopefully including a first). But I'm pretty greedy.

EDIT: Maybe if it's a pay site, I shouldn't even post it. I guess I'll leave that up to the mods.

Old
12-01-2003, 06:44 AM
Slats432

The other part of Comrie rumours is that every time I see his name I want to hurl, so for that fact alone I would like to see the whole fiasco over with.

Old
12-01-2003, 01:08 PM
Teemu

at the beginning of the season, pullford believed he could get comrie for arnason straight up. Lowe stuck his nose up at it, but reports are, he's crawling back.

Old
12-01-2003, 01:15 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu08
at the beginning of the season, pullford believed he could get comrie for arnason straight up. Lowe stuck his nose up at it, but reports are, he's crawling back.
If it is straight up then i think the oil are not interested. My feeling it would be babchuk/macarthy and Arnason for Comrie.

Old
12-01-2003, 01:25 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
If it is straight up then i think the oil are not interested. My feeling it would be babchuk/macarthy and Arnason for Comrie.
The problem is, there isnt enough demand for comrie to recieve that value back. Although Comrie is worth more than Arnason, his value (likeit or not) does keep dropping.

I fully forsee comrie waiting another 3 months until a deal is done, and it will be a deal for someone like arnason, nothing remotely like the 3 prospects and a 1st Lowe is dreaming of

Old
12-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu08
The problem is, there isnt enough demand for comrie to recieve that value back. Although Comrie is worth more than Arnason, his value (likeit or not) does keep dropping.

I fully forsee comrie waiting another 3 months until a deal is done, and it will be a deal for someone like arnason, nothing remotely like the 3 prospects and a 1st Lowe is dreaming of
Lowe isn't dreaming of that. He has stated what he has been looking for all along, so that 3 prospects and a first is bs.

Closed Thread