HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hasek on the CBJ

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2006, 10:45 PM
  #1
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,114
vCash: 500
Hasek on the CBJ

Quote:
"We know we're a better team," said Hasek, who was lifted after allowing three first-period goals in a 4-3 loss on Monday night at Columbus. "And if you want to be a contender, a top team in the NHL, you can't lose two games in a row to a team like Columbus."
I want to see Nash come at Dom like a spider monkey all hopped up on Mt Dew.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 10:47 PM
  #2
X0ssbar
 
X0ssbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ...on a star!
Country: United States
Posts: 13,011
vCash: 500
Yeah..saw that earlier...

Let me throw a couple of in there as well.

If I'm Hitch I'm holding onto that one for a little extra motivation come next Thursday..

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 11:03 PM
  #3
DougKnowsBest
Registered User
 
DougKnowsBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Newark, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 6,368
vCash: 500
to bad we cant start really shuting people up. I feel like its going to take a legit 10 game winning streak to really earn any respect.

not that im saying we deserve a great deal now

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 11:14 PM
  #4
Ricelund
We like our team.
 
Ricelund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 5,010
vCash: 500
I understand how you guys feel, and I know the Jackets are playing a lot better under Hitchcock, but the fact of the matter is your team is still 13th in the West. What do you expect Hasek to say?

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 11:34 PM
  #5
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by arice89 View Post
I understand how you guys feel, and I know the Jackets are playing a lot better under Hitchcock, but the fact of the matter is your team is still 13th in the West. What do you expect Hasek to say?
I agree, for all the pomp and ceremonies since Hitch arrived the fact of the matter is we still are a very poor hockey team.....

We got the 6-3-1 bump out of Hitchcock, the CBJ players responded, now it's back to normal.... we have to many players who simply are not good enough or desirous to win....

Hasek was on the mark..... and the performance in Detroit proves it.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2006, 11:46 PM
  #6
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,560
vCash: 500
It should still be bulletin board material as a motivator but you still need to call a spade a spade. We laid a stinker out there Wednesday night. I bet he wouldn't have said that if it was a hard fought 2-1 victory by the wings. We need to earn the league's respect and that game didn't help it.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 12:05 AM
  #7
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
It should still be bulletin board material as a motivator but you still need to call a spade a spade. We laid a stinker out there Wednesday night. I bet he wouldn't have said that if it was a hard fought 2-1 victory by the wings. We need to earn the league's respect and that game didn't help it.
Correct, and your on the mark too. It's not so much that we lost the game in Detroit but rather, the way we lost...we quit! With more than half the freakin game yet to go.... The Blue Jacket problems are alot deeper than just the head coach....

A hard fought 4-3, 8-6,or even 2-1 game loss would have indicated we where a team to be dealt with....instead we layed an egg and repeated the 6 year MO of the Blue Jackets....

The game was lost when the Blue Jacket players got off the plane....


Last edited by Robert: 12-22-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 12:28 AM
  #8
DentonFreeman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Well Hasek is right, if you're the Detroit Red Wings you don't lose to the Columbus Bluejackets twice in a row. The only way we'll get respect is to climb out of the basement, and we're taking baby steps at this point.

Personally, I think a loss is a loss. Losing 5-4 nets you the same amount of points as a 10-0 loss. We could win 50 games 1-0 and lose 32 10-0 and we're still at 100 points and in the playoffs. They did quit and all that after the waved off goal but if the team comes out tomorrow night and plays well and wins, I won't care about that. If they can win a few in a row we'll all forget about this loss and some will even think of it as a turning point for a winning streak.

I don't really know, a loss is a loss and a win is a win they say, and I don't care how they come as long as we're winning more than we're losing, and under Hitch we're doing that. I have faith that the effort put forth last night will change with Hitch at the helm so I'll take the loss as a sign that we're still taking baby steps to our ultimate goal of becoming a playoff contender. Maybe we'll make the final steps this season, maybe not, but the fact remains that we're still not on the level of teams like Detroit. They lose to us 4-3 and they get pissed. We beat them 4-3 and we consider ourselves lucky and act like we owe them something two days later. Hopefully the attitude changes soon.

DentonFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 12:30 AM
  #9
futurcorerock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 6,435
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to futurcorerock
What a **********

We need to smoke him so bad the next time the RagWings are in town

futurcorerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 02:30 AM
  #10
Muleskinner
Registered User
 
Muleskinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Marching to the sea
Country: United States
Posts: 317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentonFreeman View Post
Well Hasek is right, if you're the Detroit Red Wings you don't lose to the Columbus Bluejackets twice in a row. The only way we'll get respect is to climb out of the basement, and we're taking baby steps at this point.

Personally, I think a loss is a loss. Losing 5-4 nets you the same amount of points as a 10-0 loss. We could win 50 games 1-0 and lose 32 10-0 and we're still at 100 points and in the playoffs. They did quit and all that after the waved off goal but if the team comes out tomorrow night and plays well and wins, I won't care about that. If they can win a few in a row we'll all forget about this loss and some will even think of it as a turning point for a winning streak.

I don't really know, a loss is a loss and a win is a win they say, and I don't care how they come as long as we're winning more than we're losing, and under Hitch we're doing that. I have faith that the effort put forth last night will change with Hitch at the helm so I'll take the loss as a sign that we're still taking baby steps to our ultimate goal of becoming a playoff contender. Maybe we'll make the final steps this season, maybe not, but the fact remains that we're still not on the level of teams like Detroit. They lose to us 4-3 and they get pissed. We beat them 4-3 and we consider ourselves lucky and act like we owe them something two days later. Hopefully the attitude changes soon.
While I agree with some of your points, I have to disagree that a loss is a loss-win is a win is so cut and dried. Yeah, they always look the same in the standings but they sometimes tell a different story. That loss at Detroit was just the kind of game this franchise has got to rid itself from. The Wings wanted to get some payback going in and they got it easily. (too easily) If the Jackets come out playing like they did in the LOSSES in Calgary and Vancouver, it still might have been a loss but a whole different loss. Games like the last one in Detroit must stop. They didnt even compete or try and match the Wings will to win......that troubles me.

F@#* Hasek!

Muleskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 05:59 AM
  #11
Handyy
Registered User
 
Handyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Jyvaskyla, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,984
vCash: 500
Actually, what I would do is to cut that interview out of the paper, enlarge it and put it into Jackets locker room so that every player would see it before the games. I know every player has got so much pride that it would be actually a great morale booster.

Kinda same when yeaars back Forsberg said something similar about other team in a Junior WC (Not sure though!) and they used it to boost their play, and eventually Sweden lost.

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 06:57 AM
  #12
Grouchy
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canal Winchester, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Grouchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by arice89 View Post
I understand how you guys feel, and I know the Jackets are playing a lot better under Hitchcock, but the fact of the matter is your team is still 13th in the West. What do you expect Hasek to say?
How about nothing? Yeah, we are in the bottom and we have our problems but just because it is true (that a team with the history, prestige, payroll, experience and talent of the Redwings should not be losing back to back games to any team, much less a "team like Columbus" i.e. come to your own conclusion; non-contenders, bottom-feeders, expansion, etc.) doesn't mean it is not a dig at us because it is.

Grouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 07:01 AM
  #13
CBJ Bob
It Smells Bad!
 
CBJ Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: In Hiding
Country: United States
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Correct, and your on the mark too. It's not so much that we lost the game in Detroit but rather, the way we lost...we quit! With more than half the freakin game yet to go.... The Blue Jacket problems are alot deeper than just the head coach....
Agree; it looks as if we are falling back to our bad habits and there is a whole lot that needs changing. We need more dicipline with getting the puck out of our own end. We are giving it up too easily again and taking too many cheap penalties as result. It's been brought up before but I think the conditioning program needs be put under the microscope. We ran out of gas last Monday midway through the 2nd period; I hope this never happens again. I hope the last two days of practice were not pleasent ones!!!

CBJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:14 AM
  #14
dru
Jarmo Unchained
 
dru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CBUS
Country: United States
Posts: 6,389
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dru
Who gives a crap what Hasek says? Everyone knows that goalies are losers.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:14 AM
  #15
X0ssbar
 
X0ssbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ...on a star!
Country: United States
Posts: 13,011
vCash: 500
We split a home at home with Detroit people...its not the end of the world. Those comments are innappropriate and should be used as motivation.

You certainly didn't hear our guys boasting on how they chased Hasek the night before..its called respect for your competition no matter where they are at in the standings.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:31 AM
  #16
tgerace23
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
Its alright, I filed a sexual predator tip on him.

tgerace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:58 AM
  #17
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arice89 View Post
What do you expect Hasek to say?
How about. "For me it was a matter of pride. They came at me 2 nights before and scored on 3 of their 8 shots in the first period. I had to bounce back strong."

or maybe...

"If you are going to be an elite team, you can't let anyone beat back to back."

or even...

"I felt personally responsible for the loss Monday(because lets be honest, he was) and I was determined to make up for that."


I like Hasek, remember when he dumped a cool million out of his pocket into the Buffalo inner city to build a rec center? But he cocked off a little in that interview, and in doing so he called the CBJ out, so expect a different look next Thursday than what he saw in Detroit this week.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 09:02 AM
  #18
jagpanzer
Registered User
 
jagpanzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
We split a home at home with Detroit people...its not the end of the world. Those comments are innappropriate and should be used as motivation.

You certainly didn't hear our guys boasting on how they chased Hasek the night before..its called respect for your competition no matter where they are at in the standings.
Exactly. I just hope they use that for motivation and not as an excuse to take some poor penalty next Thursday when they are back in our building.

Do they think they're better than the 5-0 team that showed up on Wednesday? Then prove it.

jagpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 09:31 AM
  #19
CBJSlash
Registered User
 
CBJSlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Bus
Posts: 7,824
vCash: 500
The only way we can overcome is to BEAT the Wings 2,3,4 times in a row. Until we can beat a team like the Wings back-to-back what exactly are they going to say?


I think its a stupid comment from Hasek who played really crappy in the first game. We should just use it as motivation and move forward.

CBJSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 09:40 AM
  #20
tgerace23
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
I can read the article now after the Jackets win

"And if you want to be a contender, a top team in the NHL, you can't lose two games in a row to someone so old as Hasek."

tgerace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 10:06 AM
  #21
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
How about. "For me it was a matter of pride. They came at me 2 nights before and scored on 3 of their 8 shots in the first period. I had to bounce back strong."

or maybe...

"If you are going to be an elite team, you can't let anyone beat back to back."

or even...

"I felt personally responsible for the loss Monday(because lets be honest, he was) and I was determined to make up for that."


I like Hasek, remember when he dumped a cool million out of his pocket into the Buffalo inner city to build a rec center? But he cocked off a little in that interview, and in doing so he called the CBJ out, so expect a different look next Thursday than what he saw in Detroit this week.

Good post, Nordi. I hope you're right about next week, too.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 10:10 AM
  #22
213 Sentinel
Registered User
 
213 Sentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,383
vCash: 500
See my signature.

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 10:15 AM
  #23
Pluckfur
Registered User
 
Pluckfur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
eh, the wings are no lock for anything this year. by far the weakest and least skilled wings club i can remember. hasek will find a way to lose back to back to columbus this year, or to chicago, or to the blues. that old fart never had any style or class ... and i predict he has won the only cup he ever will. let him yammer- dottering old men do that.

next.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 10:18 AM
  #24
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Good post, Nordi. I hope you're right about next week, too.
I think so, I think we win that game. To be honest, I feel like we should wrap up December going 4-2.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 10:36 AM
  #25
OnYourIgnoreList
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
Well, it horks me off to hear things like that because you always hope opposing players are classy and smart enough not to pick at an open wound. Like we NEED people telling us we're doormats...

That said, Hasek's not wrong.

Cup contenders consistently play better than their weaknesses. Playoff hopefuls usually play better than their weaknesses. Doormats rarely play better than their weaknesses.

Using this as a guide, it's definitive that the CBJ are still a doormat. We are nowhere near playoff hopeful status because we still never play better than our weakness(es) on any given night.

If we're tired, we never play like we ain't.
If we're intimidated, we never play like we ain't.
If we're panicked, we never play like we ain't.

And this means we're going to have games like Wednesday's night's, where we get pants-ed in front of the whole school and pushed into the teacher's lounge, because really good teams find the weakness, step on it and then grind their heels.

Even with our recent win streak (which, I will admit, had me hopped up on goofballs), what we see is that we play well when adversity is removed from the equation, but we fold up like a hooker in the back of a Pinto when things get rough. When we score first, we're competitive. But when a game tightens up, when we give up an early goal, when we see a team making a comeback, when a call goes against us, we are in trouble. We play bad, bad hockey when the other team pushes back.

When we start seeing some comebacks and late-game heroics, we'll know that the "doormat" label no longer applies.

All that said, somebody needs to kick Hasek in 'nards.


Last edited by OnYourIgnoreList: 12-22-2006 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Because 'playoof' would unfairly make me sound Canadian
OnYourIgnoreList is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.