How many times can SAmsonov fall when he has puck possesion

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Bruinaholic

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bruinaholic
How many times can SAmsonov fall when he has puck possesion

Sammy is great dont get me wrong,but he seriously falls constantly when hes zig zagging all over the place which just wastes are play.....its jsut this season i notice it way more then any of the other previous 6 or so years am i the only one that sees this as a big problem

Old
12-01-2003, 09:22 AM
neelynugs

i noticed it too- i wonder if he's using new skates this season. hopefully this will happen less and less as the year goes on. another thing is, could he be getting tripped on some of these plays? i can't tell, but i don't think that's the case

Old
12-01-2003, 10:16 AM
Bruwinz37

He is holding onto the puck too long and trying to do too much himself.

I have noticed it for about 5 games now and it hasnt gotten better, but he will snap out of it. No biggie.

Old
12-01-2003, 10:17 AM
vtbruin

I've definitely noticed it but haven't heard any other mention of it and was wondering why. He also seems to be so much weaker on the puck this year. He's often easily broken up or knocked off the puck. It's been driving me nuts because I've seen him play so much stronger, fighting through checks, even throwing good hits every now and then. I haven't seen much of that Samsonov this year. Is it just me, or does he look a little off so far? The last couple games we've seen some flashes of his brilliance, but more often than not, he loses the puck or falls down. What's up?

Old
12-01-2003, 10:46 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinaholic
Sammy is great dont get me wrong,but he seriously falls constantly when hes zig zagging all over the place which just wastes are play.....its jsut this season i notice it way more then any of the other previous 6 or so years am i the only one that sees this as a big problem
What's happening is that he fakes himself out.

Old
12-01-2003, 10:49 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
BW20, do you think Sammy will get his production on track this year? I was hoping that he'd get past the plateau he has been at (which is not too bad) and score 30 goals/90 points or something. At this rate, it looks like he'll wind up at about 25/70 again. I wonder what it will take to unlock his potential to the next level.

Old
12-01-2003, 11:23 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
BW20, do you think Sammy will get his production on track this year? I was hoping that he'd get past the plateau he has been at (which is not too bad) and score 30 goals/90 points or something. At this rate, it looks like he'll wind up at about 25/70 again. I wonder what it will take to unlock his potential to the next level.
Talent wise he has what it takes to be a 90 point guy, but it isnt going to happen this year. He has to learn to shoot more, and he has to get a little better getting in position when he doesnt have the puck IMO. Right now he is trying to do too much and it is hurting the whole line.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:29 PM
Don Cherry*

I'm a Samsonov fan, but to be honest, I'm not at all impressed with what I've seen so far this year. Three years ago I thought he'd be an 80-100 pt man. Instead, he seems to take a step back every year including so far this year. Maybe he's still bothered by the wrist?
He seems to get a free ride from most people here, but I expected a lot more from him than we're getting.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:44 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
This is my first year watching Sammy on a regular basis and I have to be honest and say I think he may be overhyped. I can't honestly say that he is an indespensible part of this team. I think best case he is a 30-35 goal scorer, 70-75 pt guy, which is fine, but I'm honestly a little disappointed.....

Old
12-01-2003, 12:49 PM
BruinFan42

While I agree with the entire point about Sammy trying to make something out of nothing and ending up falling on the ice, I don't think anyone would question his potential for a 90 point season this year if he never injured his wrist....

I think it's painfully obvious he's never going to quite be the player he was going to be before the surgery last year. But don't get me wrong, you can count on Sammy for 60 points this season and a boatload of crazy moves...

Old
12-01-2003, 02:06 PM
neelynugs

i think samsonov will be fine, and eventually will put up those numbers. maybe not 90 points, but i think 80 points is certainly within his grasp. the wrist isn't an issue, so he says. i'd take him at his word personally. the fact is, he's still learning how to play w/lapointe and bergeron.

Old
12-01-2003, 06:01 PM
Jesarino
Verified!

Send a message via ICQ to Jesarino Send a message via MSN to Jesarino Send a message via Yahoo to Jesarino
Maybe he's just losing edges?? He might just need his skates sharpened!

I think he's probably just rusty from missing so much hockey last year. He doesn't have the same constant form that he had before the surgery last year. He'll come around before long. By the end of the season he'll be back to his wacky stickhandling.

Do you guys think his wrist is truly healed yet?

Old
12-02-2003, 04:58 AM
blurbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesarino

I think he's probably just rusty from missing so much hockey last year. He doesn't have the same constant form that he had before the surgery last year. He'll come around before long. By the end of the season he'll be back to his wacky stickhandling.

I think most of his falls happen late in the periods, so it's probably a lot to do with the ice.

Old
12-02-2003, 05:51 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesarino

What?

Closed Thread