HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Mystery that is Craig Rivet

Old
12-23-2006, 06:33 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Yes...but he'll get more than 3.5
I asked about him a couple of weeks ago on the nucks board.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=322465
There is also this thread.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=319037

Salo getting over 5 million. I never thought he would go that high. With all his injuries and everything. Goes to show we will never be able to keep all of Souray, Markov and Rivet. Best thing to do is replace Rivet with O'Bryne, sign Markov long term and find a UFA to partial replace Souray.

Maybe Brewer? He should be signed cheap? He once had talent in Edmonton but has been mishandled by the mickey mouse organization in St.Louis.

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 11:16 AM
zurg999

Posted once already, but Souray and Rivet play poker on TSN at 1PM EST tomorrow.

http://www.tsn.ca/tools/print_feature.asp?fid=468

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 12:24 PM
HCH

If we could take the money we pay our four highest paid defensemen, add another $1 million and divided that among Souray, Markov and Rivet I would be happy. Niinimaa would be the odd man out and replaced by someone from Hamilton at minimum salary. I'm guessing that Streit would be in for a raise from $600K as well.

That would give us about $11 million per year for those three. Approximately $4m to $4.5m for Markov and Souray with Rivet coming in at about $2.5m. I don't know how else to slice it.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 01:15 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1 View Post
Salo getting over 5 million. I never thought he would go that high. With all his injuries and everything. Goes to show we will never be able to keep all of Souray, Markov and Rivet. Best thing to do is replace Rivet with O'Bryne, sign Markov long term and find a UFA to partial replace Souray.

Maybe Brewer? He should be signed cheap? He once had talent in Edmonton but has been mishandled by the mickey mouse organization in St.Louis.
I think only few said 5 mill. I'd say 4 but there are always GMs ready to outbid the other.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote