HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Would it Cost to get...

Old
12-22-2006, 12:43 PM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
What Would it Cost to get...

Craig Conroy at the deadline...? I think he might be the type of centreman that could feed Kovy and Sammy...any thoughts?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

He's ancient and we don't need him.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Conroy's deal has another year left on it. If we can afford him for that second year, well, I would rather afford Mike Johnson or Radek Bonk with that money instead. Conroy is not a player we should be thinking of acquiring.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 01:22 PM
GoHabsGO252006

Now that we have Plex picking it up a bit, along with

Koivu, Bonk, Lapierre, Murray / Begin able to play centre I don't think that Conroy adds much to this team except using valuable cap space we spend on others.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 01:32 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006 View Post
Now that we have Plex picking it up a bit, along with

Koivu, Bonk, Lapierre, Murray / Begin able to play centre I don't think that Conroy adds much to this team except using valuable cap space we spend on others.
God, did I'm the only one on these boards who think Plekanec isn't so good ?

Yes, he's fast, "good" forechecking/backchecking, average on faceoffs, good "vision playmaking abilities" but NO finsish, he's shoot is weak and not accurate, he got difficulty to make a good pass reception always take an additional 1-2 seconds for taking control of the puck, he seems to be nervous each time he got an open net and GOD knows that, how many opportunity by a great pass of Samsonov/Kovalev and he misses...

For a third line center, I got no problems with him but on a scoring line playing with two puckcontroller and passers like Samsonov and Kovalev, he's useless, his type of play look-a-like a little bit like a winger wich isn't good. We need a center who can stand in front of the net when its the time and able to score goal... And then I'll be happy

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 01:35 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH Iggins View Post

Yes, he's fast, "good" forechecking/backchecking, average on faceoffs, good "vision playmaking abilities" but NO finsish, he's shoot is weak and not accurate, he got difficulty to make a good pass reception always take an additional 1-2 seconds for taking control of the puck, he seems to be nervous each time he got an open net and GOD knows that, how many opportunity by a great pass of Samsonov/Kovalev and he misses...

For a third line center, I got no problems with him but on a scoring line playing with two puckcontroller and passers like Samsonov and Kovalev, he's useless, his type of play look-a-like a little bit like a winger wich isn't good. We need a center who can stand in front of the net when its the time and able to score goal... And then I'll be happy
What does that have to do with Craig Conroy?

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 01:36 PM
knuckles3030

No, pleks can't be a 2nd center, and no to conroy as well.

knuckles3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Been there and already done that......

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 06:08 PM
KnuklZ

Conroy is having a brutal year. 4G8A 12Pts is not the kind of output I would consider an upgrade over Pleks (11 Pts).

How about these experienced centermen?:

Weight (St. Louis; 21 Pts)
Stumpel (Florida; 25 Pts)

Things can still change in respect to which teams will be buyers/sellers when the trade deadline arrives. There are a few teams that may drop that would be willing to trade away experience at center for prospects/picks.

KnuklZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

We need a center with at least a minimum of .85 PPG to win the cup. Is there such player available right now? Just like the others I would pass on Conroy.

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 06:35 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Craig Conroy at the deadline...? I think he might be the type of centreman that could feed Kovy and Sammy...any thoughts?
a seventh round draft pick , if he retires at the end of the year we upgrade that pick to a fifth

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
How about trying to get a real superstar centerman instead of good little ones? How about trying to get Forsberg as a rental player?

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:40 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
How about trying to get a real superstar centerman instead of good little ones? How about trying to get Forsberg as a rental player?
Why, so we can upgrade the skills of our doctors as they treat Forsberg's chronic injury syndrome?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Meichel Kane
Ex-Armond White

Outsiders perspective - the Habs are in my opinion the second best team in the East and easily in the top 5 league-wide, and were my pick to go to the finals this year. They are playing very well all around - why is there the need to make changes? I really like their offense as it is.

Meichel Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 08:53 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:

So baically you're saying he's not a finisher, like most centermen... oh well!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Stiffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Why, so we can upgrade the skills of our doctors as they treat Forsberg's chronic injury syndrome?
Well, same could be said about Koivu. Fact is, Forsberg is still one of the top players in the NHL and he won the cup a few times before. Come playoff time, he will play injured and as a rental player we cannot get much better than him. A guy like Weight or Conroy is fine for a team that needs more depth at center. Plekanec is a nice player to have, but we need a real Stanley-cup winning 1-2 punch, so a player like Forsberg is a more viable option. If we want to win a cup, we need to look at the best players, period. Forsberg is one of those who might be available come the trade deadline. Sundin is another one, through a three teams deal perhaps.

Old
12-22-2006, 09:10 PM
lennywebster

I would love to see Doug Weight in a habs uniform for the remaining of the season .. he's a great playmaker.

lennywebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Fire Everyone
Especially you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennywebster View Post
I would love to see Doug Weight in a habs uniform for the remaining of the season .. he's a great playmaker.
He's also making 3.5M next year.

He can stay with his crappy Blues.

Fire Everyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Stiffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennywebster View Post
He was in his prime, but he no longer is the Doug Weight of old..

Old
12-22-2006, 09:48 PM
fred2792

I think Conroy isn't a bad option for the last part of the season. I remember what Conroy did with Iginla in Calgary and I'm curious to see him with Kavalev. We need a veteran and a physical player to play with Kovalev and Conroy is a good option.

fred2792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
Well, same could be said about Koivu. Fact is, Forsberg is still one of the top players in the NHL and he won the cup a few times before. Come playoff time, he will play injured and as a rental player we cannot get much better than him. A guy like Weight or Conroy is fine for a team that needs more depth at center. Plekanec is a nice player to have, but we need a real Stanley-cup winning 1-2 punch, so a player like Forsberg is a more viable option. If we want to win a cup, we need to look at the best players, period. Forsberg is one of those who might be available come the trade deadline. Sundin is another one, through a three teams deal perhaps.
oh my God, I would absolutely LOVE winning the Cup with Sundin on the team. hahahah, that would be INCREDIBLE.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 02:38 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
At 36 he could be on the downslide. He's definitely not the same player he was 2-3 years ago.

How much does he make?

Conroy at this point does not look like an answer for us. However, if he comes cheap enough...say for a second tier prospect like Duncan Milroy...and his contract is not too high. Yeah....why not roll the dice.

I guess it all boils down to the price??

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 02:43 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:

Plenacek would be a great replacement for Bonk someday. However, he does not have the hands to be #2 center. He is being played out of position this year. However, hats off to him. He is busting his butt with his workethic this year.

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline   Reply With Quote