HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thanks for buying the book, from Dater

Old
12-22-2006, 03:31 PM
jerrygraf

vCash: 500
Thanks for buying the book, from Dater

To those on the board who have bought my new book, "Blood Feud", thanks a lot. The book is the No. 1 selling hockey book in North America right now, at least according to Amazon.com. It is also in the top 20 of all sports books, period.
So, thanks again and Merry Xmas. I just hope to make it home in time for the holiday. I've been stuck in Edmonton since Monday, and can't get out until Sunday - and from Calgary, too.
Happy holidays again, and here's a link to the book for those who haven't seen it:
http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Feud-Col...e=UTF8&s=books

jerrygraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 04:14 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Thanks for writing it! I haven't received my copy and can't personally buy it yet because it is on my X-mas list. If I don't receive a copy or a receipt to receive a copy on Monday I'll be on-line Tuesday to get my own copy.

Thanks for your work AD! I hope the book deal works out well for you!

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 04:49 PM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
Thanks for writing it Adrian. I bought it last week and read it as soon as I got home from Borders. It was a really entertaining read. I have recommended it to all my hockey friends.

Next time I see ya at an Avs practice, I hope you will sign it for me.

bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 05:39 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Waiting for it to hit shelves in Canada (haven't seen any yet).

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 05:41 PM
jerrygraf

I'll sign any and all books of those who want that.
I also plan on having a book signed by as many players and coaches as I can who were part of the rivalry, and will probably put it on ebay, with the proceeds going to charity.

Old
12-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrygraf View Post
I also plan on having a book signed by as many players and coaches as I can who were part of the rivalry, and will probably put it on ebay, with the proceeds going to charity.
Very gracious of you, AD.

I am going to order this as a self-birthday present. I hope it does very well for ya.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Doctor No

Quote:
I'm interested in that - how should I proceed?

Also, a question if you will - I haven't read the book yet, but was reading in The Hockey News about it. It claims that the rivalry started with the Lemieux hit on Draper; however, I seem to recall a dirty Kozlov hit on Forsberg earlier in the series.

Wouldn't that be the official start of the rivalry, or am I looking at this through Avs-coloured glasses?

Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor No View Post
I'm interested in that - how should I proceed?

Also, a question if you will - I haven't read the book yet, but was reading in The Hockey News about it. It claims that the rivalry started with the Lemieux hit on Draper; however, I seem to recall a dirty Kozlov hit on Forsberg earlier in the series.

Wouldn't that be the official start of the rivalry, or am I looking at this through Avs-coloured glasses?
Foote. I still remember him berrating the ref.

There was Roy's departure from Montreal before that and Lapointe blowing out Kruups knee in the opener.

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Doctor No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Sorry about that; it's definitely Foote.

I've got a bit of a cold, so it probably sounded like I said "Forsberg".

Quote:
There was Roy's departure from Montreal before that and Lapointe blowing out Kruups knee in the opener.
But I don't really remember hating the Red Wings until that conference final series.

Old
12-22-2006, 06:49 PM
jerrygraf

Yeah, I go into a lot of detail about the Kozlov hit on Foote, and how people forget that Lemieux got suspended for that punch on Kozlov. Also, have a lot of detail about when Bowman yelled at Lemieux from the team bus.

I'll think some on how to get books signed, if people want them. I was going to give out my home address, but maybe that's not the smartest thing. Not that I doubt all on the board aren't all good little saints, but.....

Old
12-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Doctor No

Quote:
I was going to give out my home address, but maybe that's not the smartest thing. Not that I doubt all on the board aren't all good little saints, but.....
With the knucklehead quotient around here, that might not be too safe.

Old
12-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Goulet17

It is great to have you as a participating poster on these boards jerrygraf. But am I the only one that is saddened by the reminiscing about the Avs-Red Wings rivalry. I am saddened that the one team ripped apart by the NHL salary cap era more than any other is the Avalanche, and it is really ironic in a sense.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 09:22 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken (I could be... I'm going strictly from memory), that referee was Terry Gregson. No surprise there.

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2006, 09:52 PM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
Quote:
Yeah, I go into a lot of detail about the Kozlov hit on Foote, and how people forget that Lemieux got suspended for that punch on Kozlov. Also, have a lot of detail about when Bowman yelled at Lemieux from the team bus.

I'll think some on how to get books signed, if people want them. I was going to give out my home address, but maybe that's not the smartest thing. Not that I doubt all on the board aren't all good little saints, but.....
No I would not encourage giving out your home address. LOL

I thought I would just catch you at an Avs practice, I see you down there fairly regularly. Maybe some of the other local board members could do the same.

To make it easier you could give as a date to meet you there.

bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 11:36 PM
jaisen73

Got the book for Christmas, read it in a single day, could not put it down. Excellent work!

jaisen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 04:09 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah but the big bucks are in Mitch Albom's latest load of sentimental crap.

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 07:35 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah but the big bucks are in Mitch Albom's latest load of sentimental crap.
I actually saw the movie of his Tuesday's With Morrie book. It was good...but I've not been impressed with him when I've seen him on TV or read his articles on-line.

What would be really cool would be for the NHL to make AD's book into a made for DVD movie.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Golden Foppa

This is a great book. I just got done reading it. I especially like the story of Roy throwing the cup of gatorade on Mathieu Schneider. I can totally picture that. Thanks for writing it Adrian.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 03:32 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Incidentally, AD, nice work in getting the publicity with the local news stations. I especially enjoyed the lengthy feature on Channel 4 a few weeks back that dealt with the book and showed interviews with player reaction, old highlights, some comments from yourself, etc.

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 07:14 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Still hasn't come out for me here in Vancouver >.< Can't wait to get it though, sounds like it'll be something great.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 10:15 PM
jerrygraf

Canadians seem to have to wait longer to get the book right now.
Hope people continue to like it.
AD

Old
04-17-2007, 04:04 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Finally got my copy in the mail, read it in one night lol. fav parts include the story of roy going crazy after hartley pulled him to rest up the pp and the team scoring the winning goal and billington getting credit. than the story of roy trying to find out who the culprit was who told adrian the story(any chance AD you can give us hints who it was that told you lol), i loved when you said you sat down with roy and footer and footer stared a hole into you, and how kamensky was hurt that roy thought ut was him and their relationship was soured from that point on, awesome stuff. in fact alot of the material on roy really shows how determined he was and in fact how crazy he might have been(this coming from a huge roy fan).

the behind the scenes stuff with eric lacroix and that whole incident was great, i wish that was expanded on more.

my only complaint was alot of pages were wasted on the crap woody paige wrote, i thought alot of that was garbage and took away from some of the other great behind the scenes stuff you had throughout the book. in fact there was probably too much ink spent on sports writers and their feud, which could've been used to elaborate on some more behind the scenes hatred and controversy.

DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Rabido

Quote:
To those on the board who have bought my new book, "Blood Feud", thanks a lot. The book is the No. 1 selling hockey book in North America right now, at least according to Amazon.com. It is also in the top 20 of all sports books, period.
So, thanks again and Merry Xmas. I just hope to make it home in time for the holiday. I've been stuck in Edmonton since Monday, and can't get out until Sunday - and from Calgary, too.
Happy holidays again, and here's a link to the book for those who haven't seen it:
http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Feud-Col...e=UTF8&s=books
Your welcome. It was a good read.

Rabido is offline   Reply With Quote