Notices

Matthew Barnaby

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 11:25 AM
BBruins7719428

vCash: 500
Matthew Barnaby

I know aquiring Matthew Barnaby is not even an option, but if he was available, would you be interested? I for one like Matthew Barnaby. I feel a player like Barnaby would be a valued addition to the team. He has decent skills, cost efficient (not quite sure how much he makes??), plays an aggressive game, sticks up for teammates, and is supposedly a decent guy off the ice. Any thoughts?

Old
12-01-2003, 11:33 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
The guy is eminently dislikable, but you are probably right that he would be a popular player once here. Despite the general praise that McCarthy has garnered this year, I personally much prefer Barnaby. Firstly, he will score more goals than Sandy. Secondly, he is more willing and into the disturber job than Sandy. I think he brings much more energy and is the 3rd liner type I believe we need.

But you are also right that the Rangers would probably not make a deal with Barnaby. We got McCarthy on the cheap for a reason.

Old
12-01-2003, 11:34 AM
barnaby63

he isnt available from a rangers POV.

Old
12-01-2003, 11:37 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
The guy is eminently dislikable, but you are probably right that he would be a popular player once here. Despite the general praise that McCarthy has garnered this year, I personally much prefer Barnaby. Firstly, he will score more goals than Sandy. Secondly, he is more willing and into the disturber job than Sandy. I think he brings much more energy and is the 3rd liner type I believe we need.

But you are also right that the Rangers would probably not make a deal with Barnaby. We got McCarthy on the cheap for a reason.
Barnaby would be welcome but he's been around along time- heck, I remember him at the Gah-den. He's a terrible fighter (because he's a middleweight fighting heavyweights ala Stock and is not in Stock's class as a fighter but is a better player- but the Broons aren't going to carry both PJ and Barnaby's salaries at same time) but has balls as big as mountains and against the Nash's of the world probably would be considered a good fighter.

Barnaby is one of those guys we all went ot HS that would do just the most crazy and probably dangerous things- I could seem him in Fast and Furious IV some day when he retires- he already has Hollywood hair and the name.

Old
12-01-2003, 11:40 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
he isnt available from a rangers POV.
of course he's available; eveyones available. Your value, my value, Slats value, Harry's or MOC value may be different but he'd be dealt in a NY minute if Slats could improve the team.

Old
12-01-2003, 11:53 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
I don't think he's a bad fighter at all these days. His strategy - let the fight go 2 minutes, take some shots, goof around, then come on at the end - is a little goofy. But he hangs in there pretty well and gets his share of wins. It is true, he is no heavyweight, but he can handle himself fine and would be no worse than Lapointe in this department.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:07 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
I don't think he's a bad fighter at all these days. His strategy - let the fight go 2 minutes, take some shots, goof around, then come on at the end - is a little goofy. But he hangs in there pretty well and gets his share of wins. It is true, he is no heavyweight, but he can handle himself fine and would be no worse than Lapointe in this department.
did a good job on owen nolan last night.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:19 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
did a good job on owen nolan last night.
actually thats not fair by me- he's a good fighter as a middleweight; very good- but fighting the Worrells, Brashiers and Sandy McCarthy's of the world (thats for you Scott *snicker*) he's outsized. I always wanted Barnaby here. I wish we had him 10 years ago as the second wheel behind a legit enforcer like a Miller or Wensink type.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:34 PM
wensink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBruins7719428
I know aquiring Matthew Barnaby is not even an option, but if he was available, would you be interested? I for one like Matthew Barnaby. I feel a player like Barnaby would be a valued addition to the team. He has decent skills, cost efficient (not quite sure how much he makes??), plays an aggressive game, sticks up for teammates, and is supposedly a decent guy off the ice. Any thoughts?
I don't see it happening.

But couldn't you just imagine Barnaby, Lapointe & Green on the same line? Either Barnaby or Lapointe would need to move to the off wing, but that would be one annoying line to play against

Old
12-01-2003, 01:13 PM
misterjaggers

Barnaby's a funny guy. Check out the diary he keeps on his website;
http://www.mattbarnaby.com/

Old
12-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Don Cherry*

Barnaby would be a TREMENDOUS addition to our incredibly soft, Sully-like squad. The guy is fearless and can play the game. He makes 1.5 mil. compared to Zamuners 2 mil. (snicker). Of course "Zams" is a lot of fun to watch as he kills penalties......
Our team is boring and lifeless (much like "Sully" himself) so why would we want to bring in a guy like Barnaby who might be able to change things a little?

Old
12-02-2003, 07:25 AM
Jeff from Maine

Man, I am GLAD As All Hell That Your Back :)

I absolutely LOVE the fact that you are posting again DC!

Gotta love it! FINALLY, I wont have to fight the fight with just a couple other guys with me!

Later

Old
12-02-2003, 07:27 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
I absolutely LOVE the fact that you are posting again DC!

Gotta love it! FINALLY, I wont have to fight the fight with just a couple other guys with me!

Later
So you agree with DC that are team is boring and lifeless?

Amazing what a few one goal losses will do to fair weather fans.

Old
12-02-2003, 08:32 AM
Jeff from Maine

Did I Say That?

Did I way that Bruwinz?

SHOW where I said this!

Do me a favor..STOP PRVOKING ME!

You are obviously trying to get a reaction out of me. i dont understand how you get away with it...but you do.

You continually put flat out LIES in my mouth.

FWIW, I think they are playing with little emotion...if thats lifeless to you..then so be it.

I like their style when they are playing hard...in other words, they are not boring.

You will stop at nothing to instigate people wont you...

And BTW....Fairwheather would imply that I have gushed on about them at some point in the past. My stance would have had to change. I dont get you...in many posts you say that I constantly am negative and look for things to be negative about. Here, you call me a fairwheather...

Which is it?

Later

Old
12-02-2003, 08:40 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
okay boys....

take it to PM with each other from here on in...thank you.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Closed Thread