GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins l 12/23 l 7 ET l NESN/RDS

Old
12-26-2006, 12:17 PM
hckyguy14

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondRowRob View Post
I went to the game. Awesome. So much fun. It was like a playoff game. Very intense. The USA thing was weird...but didn't bother me. I agree that it was towards the fans in attendence, not the players. Anyway....I have a disturbing story from that night.

I sit in section 19. When the 3 Stars are announced the players come out and usually come over to my section (or close to it) and give their sticks to fans. Marc Savard got one of the stars of the game and skated over to our section and pointed to this kid about 5 rows up. Everyone helped get the stick to the kid. Behind him stood this "woman" in a Canadiens jersey. She grabbed the stick out of the kids hands from behind. People in the section were yelling at her to give it back to him....nothing. She started up the stairs w/ the stick. A bunch of guys followed her up to the concourse....I was going up the other stairs. We all met her in the hallway. Even with people yelling at her (and I think somone went to get security) she didn't care and just walked away. It was the worst thing I've ever seen at a game in my life. I told her (in choice language) what I thought of her. Imagine, being that much of a b*&#h to rip something out of a little kid's hands, nevermind the day before Christmas. I was livid. Habs fan or Bruins fan, that was just despicable and she should be ashamed of herself.

I saw that whole thing go down as well, I think I posted earlier about it.

It was sickening. I saw the kid later and he said "there she is" and him and his mother started shuffling through the crowd to get to her. Not sure what happend after that.

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 12:18 PM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
Quote:
I'm row 2. I won't be there again until the 11th. Dark hair chick...sitting with blonde hair chick. LOL

Did you see the 3 Stars announced?? And Savard pass his stick over the glass?? It was horrific. I was so ticked off.

Where you with the girl in the white shirt? Black hair?

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Jesarino
Verified!

Send a message via ICQ to Jesarino Send a message via MSN to Jesarino Send a message via Yahoo to Jesarino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Yes I suppose, I just always wonder why they chant USA USA when the team is made up of mainly Canadians and also quite a few Europeans.

This was the only thing that was aggravating about that game.

I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T

It happens every game against the Habs - and I've even heard it once or twice against the leafs. I guess not every B's fan can be intelligent.

Anyway, that was the best game this year. I was sandwiched in between Hab's fans. On my right a few guys that didn't speak a lick of english - on my left, a guy and his 9 year old kid from MTL. Both groups were classy - good fans all around. They were both a little puzzled at the USA chants as you would expect. I just kind of shrugged my shoulders and they all laughed. They could tell what I was thinking from the look on my face.

There's defintely a certain measure of repect you have to give to Habs fans when they drive down. Anyone who does that is a true hockey fan - it doesn't matter how obnoxious they are...I still repect them.

Case in point - that 9 year old kid...he was crying after the game...poor kid! My buddies and I all went over and offered our best encouragment. Stuff like "U owned us two years ago" and "U guys beat us last time". It made the kid feel better and the father was impressed. We did our best to show that Boston fans are classy...

Jesarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Bruins Chica
A dream come true

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyguy14 View Post
Where you with the girl in the white shirt? Black hair?
No....I had red on. I'm in the first seat. Brown hair.

Bruins Chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 01:10 PM
Bruins Chica
A dream come true

Quote:
I was in section 20, a couple sections over from the bench.

The three players were announced, and Savard threw his stick over the glass to some kid.

The kid had it in his hands, and some Candiens fan ***** (female dog) literally RIPPED it out of the kids hand.

Later I saw the kid with his mom and he said 'there she is!' and the both started running/shuffling through the crowd.

I kinda regret not going up to that lady who took the stick and give her a piece of my mind. I hope the kid got the stick, because that was just ****ed up.
Found your original post on this. I'm glad the kid didn't just give up. I went up the stairs so fast that I didn't pay attention to where he went. I gave her a piece of my mind....and all it did was tick me off more since she didn't seem to give an ounce of crap. I hope they found her and security helped them get the stick back. I know there were a bunch of guys chasing the woman down. I was almost....I said almost...afraid for her.

Old
12-26-2006, 03:07 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
I was in section 20 row 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha did you see a young guy with a bergeron jersey over a white sweatshirt half-innebriated jumping up and down and talking throughout the whole game (yelling POINT, SHOT, etc.) ... if so that was me

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 03:09 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
I'm row 2. I won't be there again until the 11th. Dark hair chick...sitting with blonde hair chick. LOL

Did you see the 3 Stars announced?? And Savard pass his stick over the glass?? It was horrific. I was so ticked off.
Nah I didn't see it, if I saw it I would've deffinitely caused a raucous, but I was with people who had no interest in staying around and wanted to try to beat the crowd out. Right after the final horn we headed out. I'm pretty shocked an adult could possibly do something like that.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 06:44 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
I went to the game. Awesome. So much fun. It was like a playoff game. Very intense. The USA thing was weird...but didn't bother me. I agree that it was towards the fans in attendence, not the players. Anyway....I have a disturbing story from that night.

I sit in section 19. When the 3 Stars are announced the players come out and usually come over to my section (or close to it) and give their sticks to fans. Marc Savard got one of the stars of the game and skated over to our section and pointed to this kid about 5 rows up. Everyone helped get the stick to the kid. Behind him stood this "woman" in a Canadiens jersey. She grabbed the stick out of the kids hands from behind. People in the section were yelling at her to give it back to him....nothing. She started up the stairs w/ the stick. A bunch of guys followed her up to the concourse....I was going up the other stairs. We all met her in the hallway. Even with people yelling at her (and I think somone went to get security) she didn't care and just walked away. It was the worst thing I've ever seen at a game in my life. I told her (in choice language) what I thought of her. Imagine, being that much of a b*&#h to rip something out of a little kid's hands, nevermind the day before Christmas. I was livid. Habs fan or Bruins fan, that was just despicable and she should be ashamed of herself.
I saw it but was behind the other net- she would have to have Matt Hughes with her to pull that out of my kids hands and walk away with the stick- hopefully after she screamed at me there would have been a Habs boyfriend to deal with

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Bruins Chica
A dream come true

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I saw it but was behind the other net- she would have to have Matt Hughes with her to pull that out of my kids hands and walk away with the stick- hopefully after she screamed at me there would have been a Habs boyfriend to deal with

I said that if it was a kid I was with and she grabbed it from him....she would have been a Montreal popsicle when I shoved that stick up her ***. I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm hoping that something was done....but who knows.

Old
12-26-2006, 09:20 PM
MaCam

Quote:
I said that if it was a kid I was with and she grabbed it from him....she would have been a Montreal popsicle when I shoved that stick up her ***. I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm hoping that something was done....but who knows.

Holy ****. I would have chased the lady down. I hope the kid finally got the stick back. Does anyone know if he actually did?

MaCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Shinny

What a horrible example of humanity during the holidays. I hope someone got that stick away from that obnoxious lady. Does she honestly think Bruins players give their sticks to ADULT fans of the opposing team? Between this story and the GDT trolls, they certainly give Habs fans a bad name.

Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny View Post
What a horrible example of humanity during the holidays. I hope someone got that stick away from that obnoxious lady. Does she honestly think Bruins players give their sticks to ADULT fans of the opposing team? Between this story and the GDT trolls, they certainly give Habs fans a bad name.
Sad thing is- if she did get it, that stick will probably turn up on eBay with some crazy opening bid or reserve.

Sickening.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Doctor Hook

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Hook
That Habs bunt should get anally probed with Savvy's twig.

Doctor Hook is offline   Reply With Quote