HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Interesting Perezhogin Interview

Old
12-23-2006, 04:26 AM
Slitty

vCash: 500
Interesting Perezhogin Interview

Hope you like it:
http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?...erviews&id=564

Slitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 04:43 AM
Traitor8

Sure doen't seem to like Julien LOL

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 04:51 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty View Post
thanks interesting read.

Perez says that he's only realized about 20% of his potential so far. Glad to read that he believes he's only reached the tip of the iceberg so far.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 05:45 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Good read.

But I am kind of worried with some of the stuff he said about Latendresse. It was kind of subtle but it gives a person the opinion Perez is not a team type person.

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 05:52 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
i think he was more pissed at the fact that lats made the team top lines at 19 and him doing the dirty work (defensive work) on the 3rd line.

again perezhogin is a good player with tons of potential but he seems to have a little bit of ''russian syndrom'' at least he show enthusiasm when he score unlike other russians

btw i have nothing against russian but sometimes you see that the language barrier affect them.

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 06:04 AM
NewHabsEra*

I didnt know he had a paycut...

Perez can play way better, Im not surprised at all he said he had reached only 20/30% of his potential but its time he starts playing with more confidence and be more dangerous offensively.. Hopefully that Latendresse taking his spot on the third line will be a signifiant wake up call.. Im looking to see a more determinated Perezhogin in the next few games.. Nothing like solid depth to make a team improve!!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 06:12 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1 View Post
Good read.

But I am kind of worried with some of the stuff he said about Latendresse. It was kind of subtle but it gives a person the opinion Perez is not a team type person.
I saw him talk to Lapierre no long ago... He is still not comfortable with our language, said in the article he was only starting to have decent conversations so its not a big deal.. you can see by his attitude this guy is really a team player..

He said he needs time.. So I guess thats what we have to give him.. its all about adaptation but Im sure he will start to play better soon enough.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 06:26 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Well he sounds like a determined little bugger, but he also doesn't seem all that fond of the NHL or Montreal in particular.

Definite signs of the "Russian syndrome" as referred to by prior posters, meaning an attitude a la Kovalev.

I'm not sure about most of you, but I had actually never heard Gillet say Samsonov was his favourite player. That's interesting to note. I wonder if he influenced Gainey at all to push for that signing.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 06:34 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1 View Post
Good read.

I agree with your worries, but...

You know what? I'm always complaining about cliche SUGARCOATING...ALWAYS SAYING THE RIGHT THING... (sometimes being WAY TOO politically correct is similar to lying or hiding the truth, it's SUGARCOATING...).

You should be careful with words in regards to your teammates (question of respect), but it's good to know what PEREZHOGIN was/is really thinking (in that article)...I'd rather know the truth (at least most of the time, just hoping it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings...!!!). I just hope Latendresse doesn't read the article!!

I'm a huuuuuge PEREZHOGIN fan (after Komisarek, Higgins)...

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 12-24-2006 at 03:20 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 06:47 AM
Traitor8

what he said about Latendresse isn't wrong ...all he said basically was that the Montreal fans like one of their own better then a guy from Russia and that most likely the Russians would be cheering for him then Latendresse if they were trying to make the same team in Russia .

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 06:58 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
-Yes, we always played together, except for the powerplay. Jagr called me Perez – that was him using the first five letters of my last name Perezhogin

hahahahahahahahh!!!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 07:02 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty View Post

Thanks. Very interesting read. Seems like it's 100% true...meaning Perez was not holding back from telling the truth. Told it like it is.

I like this Perez...looks like he really wants to prove that he can be a top 3, top 6 forward...

IMO, he definitely can (we all saw how great offensively he was with Koivu and Kovalev).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 07:07 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

the whole article seems to be translated from russian so I wouldn't break down every single word that is mentioned in there. Things may have gotten lost in translation or not interpreted properly.

Its great for a general read though.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Talent Analyst

Nice article !!! I would like to see him playing an offencive role .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 09:16 AM
ppil

As he says in the article, the ice seems really bad in Montreal, last game I notice that players were falling at the same spots everytime.

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I agree with everyone that he seems a little ticked with the fact that Lats is getting more opportunities to make mistakes and not have to pay for them as dearly, but can you blame him?? I personally think Carbo favours Lats in a lot of situations, and i don't think it's fair. Nor does Perez for that matter.

In terms of performance though, ive been impressed with Perez this year, and hope he doesn't get to discouraged with a lack of top six or PP minutes. Hes got the skill, an amazing work ethic on the ice, and it's only a matter of time imo before he starts scoring on a consistent basis.

If i had a choice between Lats and Perez though, id definitely give Perez the first shot on the top line. Lats prior to Higgins injury was doing nothing special, where as Perez was starting to show hustle and determination.

But hey, i ain't no coach, and coaches have instincts, and the Lats experiment really wasn't that bad to boot....

'

Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 10:05 AM
wade

Quote:
You have an informal enough situation here in Montreal for the owner of the team, billionaire Gillett Jr., to visit the dressing room. He pats everyone on the back, and when it comes to Samsonov; outright states that he is his favourite player.
not to make something out of nothing but...
any possibility george had a hand in nudging gainey to get samsonov?

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 10:18 AM
MXD

Lats made it (on the 1st line) because he was a big man, and was able to win battles along the boards, just like Higgins...

I really hate Perezoghin right now. Sorry... Not only Lats shouldn't read this interview, but Gainey as well.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 10:18 AM
jordi

Ahaha this interview made me laugh. No really. I love bluntness. It allows you to see the player's nature more closely. Considering the whole team isn't a whole huge happy family, it's not surprising Perezhogin can freely say that he doesn't talk to Lats much.

jordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
I agree with everyone that he seems a little ticked with the fact that Lats is getting more opportunities to make mistakes and not have to pay for them as dearly, but can you blame him?? I personally think Carbo favours Lats in a lot of situations, and i don't think it's fair. Nor does Perez for that matter.

In terms of performance though, ive been impressed with Perez this year, and hope he doesn't get to discouraged with a lack of top six or PP minutes. Hes got the skill, an amazing work ethic on the ice, and it's only a matter of time imo before he starts scoring on a consistent basis.

If i had a choice between Lats and Perez though, id definitely give Perez the first shot on the top line. Lats prior to Higgins injury was doing nothing special, where as Perez was starting to show hustle and determination.

But hey, i ain't no coach, and coaches have instincts, and the Lats experiment really wasn't that bad to boot....

'
I noted at the beginning of the year that if I were one of the kids (i.e., Laps, Pleks, Perez, Kost), I would be pissed at the favoritism shown Lats, so it isn't terribly surprising to read Perez's thoughts on the matter (which were pretty benign really). I'm sure the others have voiced similar opinions privately. But as implied by Perez, there's really nothing you can do but put your head down and work your butt off and hope it is recognized; the boss's cousin, so to speak, will get ahead no matter what as long as he isn't a total boob. Alright, and this isn't a personal attack on Lats; I'm pretty happy with his progression and glad he's in the line up. I'm just empathizing with our other prospects is all (i.e., pointing out how the situation might lead to resentment).

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 10:39 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

He's a very frank person

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 10:42 AM
jordi

Well he speaks better than the way Bryzgalov did about Pronger's move: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ns14hRqwY8

jordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Ross MacLochness

I hope some fans don't actually believe that NHL teams are 'one big happy families'... at least not away from the rink. Having good chemistry in the room and going to battle for your teammates has nothing to do with being buddies with them on off-days. I've played with guys over the years who I couldn't stand but that has no affect on what happens on the ice.

But I'm sure alot here are going to take some quotes out of context and that believe that "I'm not friends with Lats, I'm friends with the Russian guys" now means... "I hate my teammates... I want to go back to Russia... the is a huge rift in the dressing room."

Of course you are going to get 2 or 3 guys who become closer friends, but do you actually expect 23 guys to be buddies with one another and hang-out away from the rink? An NHL team is more or less a bunch of strangers thrown together.

Don't worry, there's no problem in the dressing room and team chemistry is going to be fine.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

That was a refreshing read.You rarely get a candid interview of players in Montreal like that. They usually sugarcoat things and say what we want to hear and not necessarily what they want to say.

Good for Perez (i've been calling him that before Jagr), and hopefully he gets a shot at playing on the top two lines sometimes soon. He does seem to be a little out of it but i'm pretty sure he'll bounce right back.

I'm also certain Latendress won't get upset if he reads this. He knows he got preferential treatment but he also did deserve to stick with the big club so the point is moot.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2006, 10:51 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Perezhogin and Latendresse always play games with eachother on the ice. They are the first two on the ice for pre game skates and work on one timer's with eachother and play other games. When is said that he did not socailize with him who cares he is nto great at english so I doubt he socalizes with anyone.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote