HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 12/23 - NY Islanders vs Columbus Blue Jackets

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Ar-too

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
GDT: 12/23 - NY Islanders vs Columbus Blue Jackets

n/t

Old
12-23-2006, 08:43 AM
anteater90

Here we go boys.
CBJ-5 NYI-1

Why?

6-0-1-0

We need to pick up points against the east.

So I figure Islander as an appetizer. Traditional Christmas Dinner. Bruin for dessert.

I love the holidays.

One other prediction. Our announcers state the obvious at least twice during the game.

GO JACKETS!!!!

Old
12-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Unfortunately this is not the Islanders of old, that's Ted Nolan behind the bench (the guy who should have been our first head coach)......he is a winner.

Jackets lose this one....I'm not trying to be pessimistic but I don't see us winning under the circumstances....I hope everyone can call me out after the game for being wrong...

Old
12-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
4-2 Isles, I dunno why, I think we'll have a hard time keeing Yashin and Satan in check.

Old
12-23-2006, 09:04 AM
anteater90

Hey its XMAS time. No need to fear SATAN.

Old
12-23-2006, 09:05 AM
ohiohockey

Today I want to see a Festivus Miracle. Let's win by a wide margin, instead of just squeaking by like we did against Detriot and Vancouver this week.

CBJ 6 - NYI 3. (Feds with 2, Nash 3, Zherdev 1) At least one Jacket will rise above the 28 teams playing today to become one the NHL's 3 stars. I like to dream big.
GO JACKETS!

Old
12-23-2006, 09:16 AM
ScreamingWild
Kissin' The Cup

I'll see their Satan and raise them a Zher-devil!!!!!!! (Gonna be one hell of a game, don't ya' think?)

Old
12-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Scrappy

5-2 Blue Jackets (Nash-2, Brule, Carter, Fedorov-empty net)

No let down after last nights game. They'll play a strong 1st and 2nd (as Hitch continues to teach them how to play a full 60 minutes) but their legs get tired in the 3rd.

By the way, this is my 100 post. Therefore, I will be selling pieces of my post--framed and autographed--starting at $99.

Old
12-23-2006, 09:36 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Unfortunately this is not the Islanders of old, that's Ted Nolan behind the bench (the guy who should have been our first head coach)......he is a winner.

Jackets lose this one....I'm not trying to be pessimistic but I don't see us winning under the circumstances....I hope everyone can call me out after the game for being wrong...
I'm calling you out BEFORE, Robert.
What circumstances? We played well last night and Freddy No put on a show. (that rhymes)

Jackets 5, Isles 3.

Zherdev finally finds his touch.

Old
12-23-2006, 09:37 AM
213 Sentinel

Between ohiohockey's avatar and all this talk about Satan I'm becoming a little disconcerted.

The Islanders are easy to overlook, but they are not the same Islanders we thought they were over the summer. They need to be respected if they are to be beaten. Using the body will be key in this game. No wallflowers, boys. Take the body to them and keep the transition game tight out of our own zone and we ought to be able to win this one.

Old
12-23-2006, 09:44 AM
anteater90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213 Sentinel View Post
Between ohiohockey's avatar and all this talk about Satan I'm becoming a little disconcerted.

The Islanders are easy to overlook, but they are not the same Islanders we thought they were over the summer. They need to be respected if they are to be beaten. Using the body will be key in this game. No wallflowers, boys. Take the body to them and keep the transition game tight out of our own zone and we ought to be able to win this one.
And we are not the team everyone think's we are. We go out and take care of business like a good hockey team does. Nothing spectacular, just good hard hitting hockey. WE will not be held down any longer.

Old
12-23-2006, 10:03 AM
ohiohockey

At 7-2-1 on the last 10, I think we have reason to believe in a win tonight. NYI must be respected, but the Jackets are still by far the favorite. As Danny Gare would say (and probably will) the Jackets must be ready from the get go.

Old
12-23-2006, 10:12 AM
CBJSlash

We will win. We have always had good luck with the Isles.

We will just have to outwork them.

Norrena will need to be sharp. If we play great overall team defense we will be fine.

Interesting question: Hitch says we are playing teams that roll 4 so we will need to. When will the day come that the other teams in the league need to match what we do? Why do we need to change the way that we play?

Old
12-23-2006, 10:13 AM
X0ssbar

**NEW POSTER ALERT**

ohio hockey (..and happy festivus right backatchya..)

This should be another competitive game as both of these two teams match up pretty well. That said, NYI outwork their opponents...we have to be ready for that kind of game. If we don't bring our legs they are gonna smoke us. We cannot underestimate this squad... They bring it every night.

Of course it will nice if we score first.. Would really love to see Z get a breakout game before the break... Its right there...its coming... I thought he played very well last night. Norrena will have to stand strong in net...hopefully his little tantrum off the ice last night has blown over (what was with that??)...

Would certainly be nice to put another two points under the CBJ tree after tonight. I look for a 1 goal difference but the game could swing either way - to close to call for me.

Old
12-23-2006, 10:15 AM
The Dancin' Beaver

Send a message via Yahoo to The Dancin' Beaver
Let's see if I can get our opponent right this time.

Islanders 3 - Jackets 1.

Nash scores but it's not enough and Freddy takes another one for the team.

So far the Jackets are 7-1-1 when I post this prediction.

Old
12-23-2006, 10:17 AM
hossua34
Mutt

Send a message via AIM to hossua34 Send a message via Yahoo to hossua34
Welcome, ohiohockey, and happy Festivus to you. Nice panorama shot in the sig bar!

On to the game. We lose tonight, 3-2, and the Islanders finally beat us. All good things must sometime come to an end. Here's knocking on wood...

Old
12-23-2006, 10:21 AM
CBJ Bob
It Smells Bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anteater90 View Post
And we are not the team everyone think's we are. We go out and take care of business like a good hockey team does. Nothing spectacular, just good hard hitting hockey. WE will not be held down any longer.
YES, but we've been sloppy of late. Who here did not hold there breath in the 3rd period both last night as well as Mondy against Detroit? How many penalties did we give up in the second period last night? How many times did we give the puck up last night by chipping it out of our zone instead of taking possession it and moving it out in an organized manner... We are a better team than NYI BUT until we start playing with some moxxie, winning will be a struggle.

One other comment that I know is on another thread, why is Shelly in the line-up?

Old
12-23-2006, 10:25 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Bob View Post
YES, but we've been sloppy of late. Who here did not hold there breath in the 3rd period both last night as well as Mondy against Detroit? How many penalties did we give up in the second period last night? How many times did we give the puck up last night by chipping it out of our zone instead of taking possession it and moving it out in an organized manner... We are a better team than NYI BUT until we start playing with some moxxie, winning will be a struggle.

One other comment that I know is on another thread, why is Shelly in the line-up?
All good points. We are chipping it out way to much instead of playing with possession. There were a number of times last night where it seemed our D forced the puck up the ice instead of being patient and playing it between themselves waiting for the right play to develop. The times when we did do that it really helped our rush.

Also... We do need to limit the penalties - no doubt about it. I hate to say this though but after all the PPs we got in the firist I was not suprised to see it evened up in the 2nd. People say that is BS but it happens all the time in this league.

Old
12-23-2006, 10:28 AM
ohiohockey

Here's a question... how can I find out what a teams all time record is against another team? I have looked at NHL.com stats, but can't anywhere to put together that comparison. I am specificaly wondering how many times CBJ has played NYI.

Old
12-23-2006, 10:28 AM
CBJSlash

Well Hitch said early that he is trying to get our players to make the right decisions and right plays without thinking. I think of it as a muscle memory deal. Its not going to happen overnight and we will still see the Old Jackets return. The scrambliness is not something that he can fix in a game. He will fix it though, I'm confident in that.

Old
12-23-2006, 10:31 AM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiohockey View Post
I have looked at NHL.com stats, but can't anywhere to put together that comparison. I am specificaly wondering how many times CBJ has played NYI.
The Jackets are 6-0-1-0 all-time vs. the Isles. You can usually find this info on NHL.com in the game preview. Or in the Dispatch on game day. Or in most online game previews, such as at TSN.ca, sportsnet.ca, ESPN.com, etc...

Old
12-23-2006, 11:06 AM
disgruntledPSLholder

wow. i knew that we'd beaten them a few times but had no idea we'd never lost to them.

Old
12-23-2006, 11:14 AM
DougKnowsBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiohockey View Post
At 7-2-1 on the last 10, I think we have reason to believe in a win tonight. NYI must be respected, but the Jackets are still by far the favorite. As Danny Gare would say (and probably will) the Jackets must be ready from the get go.
you have some sweet pictures there.

how bout that old Garth snow. So far so good for him.

until tonight brotha. thats when the jackets are going to rise up, and put a big neon green exclamation point up the islanders arses!

Z with the hatty.

WARNING WARNING PUCK HANDLING GOALIE GAME ON DECK!!! i love it when this happens, it really pushes the play all game long

Old
12-23-2006, 11:27 AM
bizzz*

"A must win game". Not for the Jackets, but for me. If they lose my Christmas will be ruined by my friend, who happened to be the Islanders fan... For 5 years I was talking how his Isles can't beat the Jackets. I hope Nash&Co will give me at least one more year to do so.
Jackest oughtta score at least 4 and win.

Old
12-23-2006, 11:41 AM
SnygGo

Send a message via MSN to SnygGo Send a message via Yahoo to SnygGo Send a message via Skype™ to SnygGo
CBJ - Islanders 4-2.

Nash will score twice.
Zherdev and Svitov scores too.

Same question as usuall , will the game be shown on the internet?

Closed Thread