HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 12/23 - NY Islanders vs Columbus Blue Jackets

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2006, 12:03 PM
jacketracket*

vCash: 500
I'm expecting another Chicago-type game. Jackets dig themselves out of an early hole, but can't seal the deal.

Seems to be the recent pattern, excepting Ottawa. Score first, and hang on for dear life. Give up the early goal, and the floodgates open.

5-3, bad guys.

Old
12-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Xoggz22

AAAHHHH my boyhood heroes.... The days of Bossy and Trots and Potvin may be gone but I've still got a little Isles orange and blue in me. I could only hope for an OT or SO win by the Jackets. Get's our two and let's the Isles save a point.

Unfortunately I think they could follow Pittsburgh's lead....I think they could be one of the first NY teams to move out of the state. Fan support has dwindled, the arean sucks, they make horrible signing decisions (See Cashin and DiPietro).....

It's too bad I have to root against them but I bleed bug blood now! I'm not closet fan that dresses in my Islanders Jersey at home games when they come to town (That's right...I'm calling out all you freakin' Wings fans that claim to be CBJ fans until Detroit is here....either you are a fan or you aren't!)

5-4 CBJ - OT winner to Feds!

Old
12-23-2006, 12:26 PM
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa

it would be so nice to get another win before christmas, so i gotta think positive.

4-2 Jackets

Nash stays hot. zherdev, federov and fristche also contribute

Old
12-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Millions Livio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiohockey View Post
Today I want to see a Festivus Miracle.
But first, The Airing of Grievances. And at the Festivus dinner, you gather your family around, and tell them all the ways they have disappointed you over the past year! I got a lot of problems with you people! And now, you're gonna hear about it. MacLean! My son tells me your plan about coaching STINKS!

Gallant: Oh, God.

Quiet. You'll get yours in a minute. MacLean. You couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe.... I lost my train of thought.

The Jackets win at The Feats of Strength, 3-1 Jackets...

Old
12-23-2006, 01:01 PM
jagpanzer

Time to pull out the Hockey Holidays CD and crank out some Jackets Christmas tunes.

If the Isles would wear the Gorton Fisherman's sweaters I'd predict a 6-1 win for us. But they aren't, so we'll only win 4-1. This would be a great Christmas present for us all.

And after the Festivus Victory Miracle... The Feats of Strength!

Old
12-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

7-2 Jackets. But 4 of our goals get "nullified" for a plethora of different reasons and we just squeak out the win by 1.

I also would like to say that I greatly miss the old huntington bank's commercial with the "Lean on Me" track, as compared with this new highly homosexual one with 2 guys playing with each others fingers in a simulated game of table quarter hockey.

Jackets Time Nonetheless.

Old
12-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Millions Livio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk
I also would like to say that I greatly miss the old huntington bank's commercial with the "Lean on Me" track
It was torture just to bare through those commericals, I hated having to mute the damn TV every time those horrid ****ing commericals came on.

Hockey >>>>>> Overemotional Commerical (it's a damn bank), with homosexual overtones..

Old
12-23-2006, 01:46 PM
DougKnowsBest

LETS GO JACKETS!!!!!!!

win one for the cannon!!

Old
12-23-2006, 01:47 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions Livio View Post
But first, The Airing of Grievances. And at the Festivus dinner, you gather your family around, and tell them all the ways they have disappointed you over the past year! I got a lot of problems with you people! And now, you're gonna hear about it. MacLean! My son tells me your plan about coaching STINKS!

Gallant: Oh, God.

Quiet. You'll get yours in a minute. MacLean. You couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe.... I lost my train of thought.

The Jackets win at The Feats of Strength, 3-1 Jackets...
I dropped my turkey sandwich on the floor laughing at this.. BTW: 4-2 Jackets,

Nash (2)
Svitov
Parma

Blake (2) (Big man crush on Blake)

Last edited by KeithBWhittington: 12-23-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old
12-23-2006, 02:10 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but noted jackets killer and former jacket property Eric "I'm too good for Syracuse, so trade me tomorrow or I'm leaving and never coming back" Boguniecki is playing tonight for the Isles...

HMMMM...

Last edited by KeithBWhittington: 12-23-2006 at 02:56 PM.
Old
12-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
I'm calling you out BEFORE, Robert.
What circumstances? We played well last night and Freddy No put on a show. (that rhymes)

Jackets 5, Isles 3.

Zherdev finally finds his touch.
Your the man JF.... and usually see where others don't.... Freddy No is not that good folks...again, I hope he proves me wrong....

It's pretty much up to him tonight...because the Islanders are going to score. So, either we out score them as the Sabres did when Biron was in net for the injured Miller earlier in the year or we lose.....

Old
12-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougKnowsBest View Post
LETS GO JACKETS!!!!!!!

win one for the cannon!!

That picture is sweet.....at night no less....damn....even an old grump like me gets excited looking at that..... I hope more than all hope that we can come out tonight and be a winner...... Go Jackets!

Old
12-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Jackets 2-0. Nash and Vyborny.

Not going to be an easy one, thats for sure.

Old
12-23-2006, 03:15 PM
IgnatiusReilly

Jackets 4 (Nash, Klesla, Z, Chimmer (one of these will be an empty net))
Isles 2

With all of the talk about Festivus, it reminds me that I was telling my buddy last night we should have Frank Costanza come over the PA saying its time for the "feats of strength" when we are on the pk or pp. It would get me a little more pumped up

Old
12-23-2006, 03:50 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
With the NHL's point allocation system often resulting in both teams in any particular game receiving points, teams can play well but won't necessarily move up in the standings. Case in point: the surprising play of the Columbus Blue Jackets since coach Ken Hitchcock took over.

As of Thursday morning, the Blue Jackets were an impressive 6-3-1 in their last 10 games, including a split this week with Central Division-rival Detroit. But despite all that, the Blue Jackets managed to climb just one spot in the Western Conference standings and move ahead of Phoenix. The Blue Jackets would like to believe their improved play might translate into their first playoff berth, but they remain 13th in the conference and nine points out of the eighth and last playoff berth. While Columbus has been accumulating points, so, too, have most of the teams in the conference. Over the past 10 games (as of Thursday morning), only three of the top 14 teams in the West had a record under .500.

Bottom line: Regardless of how well Columbus, or any team in a like position, performs in the season's second half, the chances of making the playoffs remain slim at best.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/s...=notebook_1222

Keep pluggin away fellas...two days ago it was 9 points and now its 7... Win and the move up the standings will come...

Oh yeah...keep that kool-aide coming folks... its tasting better and better lately..

Old
12-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
7-2 Jackets. But 4 of our goals get "nullified" for a plethora of different reasons and we just squeak out the win by 1.

I also would like to say that I greatly miss the old huntington bank's commercial with the "Lean on Me" track, as compared with this new highly homosexual one with 2 guys playing with each others fingers in a simulated game of table quarter hockey.

Jackets Time Nonetheless.
Most hate that commercial but I love it....and I'm not gay....it's a couple of guys having some family fun with Jackets as their focal point....besides, we started winning when they started playing the game.....don't freakin jinx us....

Old
12-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Scrappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/s...=notebook_1222

Keep pluggin away fellas...two days ago it was 9 points and now its 7... Win and the move up the standings will come...

Oh yeah...keep that kool-aide coming folks... its tasting better and better lately..
That article has a lot of truth to it, Top Shelf. It does make it more difficult to move up. Let's go out there and do what we can do.

2 pts in Regulation > 2 pts in OT

Old
12-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Saying I don't like the commercial isn't jinxing anything Robby.

I HOPE WE LOSE NOW!!!.

Old
12-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Saying I don't like the commercial isn't jinxing anything Robby.

I HOPE WE LOSE NOW!!!.
I love that name...Robby..... We'er all watching the Bucks in a X-mas atmosphere, the Jackets are up next and the libations are flowing..... I was just fooling with ya......

GO JACKETS.......

Old
12-23-2006, 04:18 PM
trickbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
That's for sure. It might not be good looking, and it might make mistakes more often than we'd like, but every win just tastes better and better. Still haven't quite recovered from the last 20 seconds last night, but hopefully Hitch has the team focused and ready. Pass the kool-aid!

Having said that, let's go with a Festivus Miracle and the CBJ winning 4-3 in OT. Unidentified D'man, Nash (x2), and Nik for the good guys.

Last edited by trickbabe: 12-23-2006 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Don't think AJ is playing, but if so, give him a goal!
Old
12-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Hugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I love that name...Robby..... We'er all watching the Bucks in a X-mas atmosphere, the Jackets are up next and the libations are flowing..... I was just fooling with ya......

GO JACKETS.......
Hopefully the boys won't embarrass themselves like the baby Bucks are right now.

I'm gonna say 3-2 Jackets.

Old
12-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

I honestly have no idea about what to expect from this team anymore. What I want is a convincing win - 3 or more goals. Is that too much to ask?

Old
12-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Pluckfur

I'm very close to the action i'm missing tonight you guys take good notes for me, eh? thanks in advance!

you can worry about yashin and saaaaaaatan if'n you feel it's necessary... i'll take care of worrying about blake and sillinger. seems like a fair deal. Dippy can either be sublime or look like he's just crawled out of the bowels of hell... i'm hoping for the latter just for safety's sake

y'all cheer hard, k? i'm heading out.

Old
12-23-2006, 05:24 PM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

wooooo.. lets go jackets, LETS GET IT!!!!

I'm in Toledo with family for the next couple days.. Buckeye Cable System, anyone know if any channel pics up the Jackets? They get FSN Detroit and Sportstime Ohio.. don't appear to get FSN Ohio.. any ideas?

Old
12-23-2006, 05:31 PM
lankyirishman

Send a message via AIM to lankyirishman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probert's Coke Habit View Post
wooooo.. lets go jackets, LETS GET IT!!!!

I'm in Toledo with family for the next couple days.. Buckeye Cable System, anyone know if any channel pics up the Jackets? They get FSN Detroit and Sportstime Ohio.. don't appear to get FSN Ohio.. any ideas?
Me thinks you are SOL. I just checked the website and no such luck. If you were in Erie County, you would have it

Closed Thread