HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would it take from Nashville for Satan?

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 12:03 PM
Radulov for Czar*

vCash: 500
What would it take from Nashville for Satan?

It's a stretch here, but maybe a 3 way deal involving Nashville, Edmonton, and Buffalo.

To Nashville: Satan, EDM 3rd
To Edmonton: Biron, Arkhipov
To Buffalo: Comrie, Kloucek, NSH 2nd

Dunno how fair this is, just speculating.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
It's a stretch here, but maybe a 3 way deal involving Nashville, Edmonton, and Buffalo.

Hamhuis

Old
12-01-2003, 12:12 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
To Nash :Satan, 5th
To Buff: Hamhuis, Erat, 3rd

Old
12-01-2003, 12:35 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
to NSH: Satan, Delmore (he seems to produce there)
to BUF: Hamhuis, Zidlicky, Tootoo

Never happen, but one can dream.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:43 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresIn05

oooo, i'd love to have Tootoo here. I forgot about him.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:50 PM
RWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresIn05

Vernon Fiddler and an 8th rounder for Afinogenov.

Old
12-01-2003, 02:23 PM
st_roland

Quote:

Not too bad, not too bad...of course NSH makes out a little better, NSH gets a star forward(obviously one who hasn't done too well this year), and a lesser draft pick for two much lesser commodities and a good draft pick. I also feel that BUF over-pays and might want to wait a bit on Satan, because they're giving up a potential star goalie and a slumping star forward for a hold-out young buck, a 5/6th defensemen and a good draft pick. The problem from Edm perspective is Salo. Could they get a pick for him? I don't really know his situation too well, but I know it'd be hard to move a suspect goalie with a 3.5mil salary in this market.

Last edited by st_roland: 12-01-2003 at 02:30 PM.
Old
12-01-2003, 04:39 PM
TheGreatOne99

Send a message via AIM to TheGreatOne99 Send a message via Yahoo to TheGreatOne99
Hamhuis and Glazachev
for Satan and Campbell

Old
12-01-2003, 05:25 PM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne99
Hamhuis and Glazachev
for Satan and Campbell
That's not bad. I would make that trade.

Old
12-01-2003, 08:34 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne99
Hamhuis and Glazachev
for Satan and Campbell
Not even close. Straka is worth as much, if not more than Satan (less salary, greater production). Straka would have had trouble netting either of those two if you look at the L.A. trade. Satan and Campbell (who the Preds don't want) are not going to net you your #1 Dman of the future and a good prospect. Maybe if Satan was dirt cheap, then the deal would be feasable. No one's going to pay that for a player who is getting bad rap as a loafer and makes almost 5 million a year.

Old
12-02-2003, 02:35 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Not even close. Straka is worth as much, if not more than Satan (less salary, greater production). Straka would have had trouble netting either of those two if you look at the L.A. trade. Satan and Campbell (who the Preds don't want) are not going to net you your #1 Dman of the future and a good prospect. Maybe if Satan was dirt cheap, then the deal would be feasable. No one's going to pay that for a player who is getting bad rap as a loafer and makes almost 5 million a year.
The Straka-Satan comparison is a very weak one.

Pittsburgh couldn't afford to pay Straka and had to move him. Much like Jagr and Kovalev in the recent past.

The Sabres can afford Satan, so there is no dying need on their part to merely dump him for any spare parts they can get just to dump the payroll.

Satan has put up solid numbers on a team that has been pretty much devoid of any other serious offensive talent the last half decade or so. He still has some considerable trade value.

And while I like the thought of some of these deals, I don't think they help the Sabres enough in the short run that they'll pull the trigger on them.

Old
12-02-2003, 06:49 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob
The Straka-Satan comparison is a very weak one.

Pittsburgh couldn't afford to pay Straka and had to move him. Much like Jagr and Kovalev in the recent past.

The Sabres can afford Satan, so there is no dying need on their part to merely dump him for any spare parts they can get just to dump the payroll.

Satan has put up solid numbers on a team that has been pretty much devoid of any other serious offensive talent the last half decade or so. He still has some considerable trade value.

And while I like the thought of some of these deals, I don't think they help the Sabres enough in the short run that they'll pull the trigger on them.
I think the Penguins could afford Straka and chose not to. I think they just knew he wasn't part of the future and at his price tag, saw no reason to keep him. They even payed a good bit of his salary. That, in and of itself, tells me that finances only played a part.

I think it's a solid comparison. If the Sabres want to trade Satan, I think they'll get slightly more than what was had for Straka.

The Penguins got so little because the market was so bad. Satan will be had for very little if they try to ship him as well.

Don't overestimate the fact that the Penguins wanted to get rid of him. I doubt all 29 GM's pinned this against Patrick and made him pay. I think they got fair market value for him.

Old
12-02-2003, 07:04 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
I think the Penguins could afford Straka and chose not to. I think they just knew he wasn't part of the future and at his price tag, saw no reason to keep him. They even payed a good bit of his salary. That, in and of itself, tells me that finances only played a part.
Yeah, and the reason the Pens might send Fleury back to Cape Breton is for him to develop more........

Just like the Jagr and Kovalev deals, this deal was a firesale plain and simple.

And I haven't heard of the Pens eating any of Straka's contract above and beyond the $1 million or so he's already earned this year.

Quote:
I think it's a solid comparison. If the Sabres want to trade Satan, I think they'll get slightly more than what was had for Straka.
But what makes you think the Sabres want to move Satan, especially if it is a depressed market for a player of his talent level?

The Sabres may not want to add payroll, but Regier hasn't been given the order to slash payroll either.

The orders from ownership this offseason was to make the playoffs within a $30 million player payroll budget. In order to re-sign Satan and Drury, that number got bumped up to the $33 million range.

But since the Sabres are in the hunt for the 8th spot in the East, I don't see why they would be looking to dump payroll and hurt their playoff chances by moving their highest paid player, and the guy that has led the team in scoring 6 straight years, in a deal that would make them weaker now and not much better down the road.

Quote:
Don't overestimate the fact that the Penguins wanted to get rid of him. I doubt all 29 GM's pinned this against Patrick and made him pay. I think they got fair market value for him.
Ummmm, so what is it? Did the Pens get fair market value for Straka or did they get screwed because everybody and their brother knew they were desperate to get rid of Straka?

And if they could afford to keep him, then why didn't they wait for a better offer?

The bottom line is that the Pens were desperate to dump Straka's contract and took the only offer that was out there.

The Sabres aren't in that position with Satan.

Comparing what it took to get Straka from Pittsburgh to what it would take to get Satan out of Buffalo is apples and oranges.

Just look at the deals that Regier made last year when he was dumping payroll.

Old
12-02-2003, 07:34 AM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Mario just took a pay cut.

Old
12-02-2003, 01:28 PM
Tucker

Quote:

Forget Klouchek he just got traded.

Old
12-02-2003, 06:20 PM
Takeo

Hamhuis, Tootoo + 5th for Satan, Campbell + Klepis

Old
12-02-2003, 07:15 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Hamhuis + Zidlicky + newly acquired Gamache

for

Satan + Delmore

Hamhuis - So you can all shut up about Derek Morris.
Zidlicky - To do what Delmore can't.
Gamache - Daniel Briere #2?

I still don't want to trade Satan, but that kind of deal would make me think a little bit.

Old
12-03-2003, 01:43 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous

for

Satan + Delmore

I still don't want to trade Satan, but that kind of deal would make me think a little bit.
Satan isn't worth ruining your defense. And what makes you think they'd want Delmore back?

Old
12-03-2003, 04:33 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous

for

Satan + Delmore

Did Hamhuis start shooting R? I won't be shutting up about him then! Never!

Closed Thread