HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Bruins game

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2004, 06:39 PM
sensfan18

vCash: 500
Bruins game

The team really played good old fashioned sens hockey tonight. A few game notes that I found:

-Pothier looked quite good tonight, not just the goal, his play in his own end was fairly good, even throughing big Murray to the ice at one point.

-Havlat and Spezza together have better chemistry than Ernie and Bert.

-Alf and Spezz looked like a million bucks out there, even with the flu.

-Another good game by Chara, do I smell norris recognition?

-Prusek, what can you say, he gets the job done everytime he enters the net.

-Shastlivy was alot better than usual, he was not as terrified of being hit, even throughing a few of his own.

BTW, did anyone else catch any of the leafs game? I turned it over while they were changing the glass at the Corel only to see Weinrich (sp?) hit domi with a clean hit and Domi go bonkers, puching his helmet off, not really a surprise. You think for a so called "tough-guy" who has been in the league as long as he that he'd be able to take a hit by now. I don't care what anyone says that guy is a joke.

Last edited by sensfan18: 01-17-2004 at 06:48 PM.
Old
01-17-2004, 08:15 PM
gbl1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
I don't care what anyone says that guy is a joke.
His work on the infamously ruff n' tuff Magnus Arvedson last year pretty much sums up the class Domi carries himself with. I like Domi as a player, as he brings one of the hardest styles into the rink, but he is notorious for having wet, juicy brain farts more often than not. He's just a dummy, plain and simple.

As for the Sens: Donny the ticket slimebucket (scalper) wanted 80 bucks for nosebleeds tonight, so alas I did not make it to the game. Had a night out with the gal planned, so couldn't catch any Center Ice action at my local watering hole either. I listened to most of the game on the radio, and having not seen the replays yet I can say that it sounds like Spezza and Havlat are REALLY clicking. It doesn't hurt for Havlat to come out and repeatedly say that he likes playing with Spezza. Spezza clearly looks up to Havlat as a linemate and playmaker. I really think there is some incredible chemistry that could grow between them.

Can't be happier with the Sens right now... Cooling off the red hot Bruins (and especially coming back to snag a point from a 4-0 deficit vs. NYI). Go Sens !!!!

Old
01-18-2004, 05:03 AM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Ernie and Bert...

Please don't tell me the game was on Center Ice...because it wasn't listed when I checked...and missed the game.

Old
01-18-2004, 06:46 AM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Ernie and Bert...

Please don't tell me the game was on Center Ice...because it wasn't listed when I checked...and missed the game.
It was my friend, boston coverage NESN.

Old
01-18-2004, 07:15 AM
TexSen

Quote:
It was my friend, boston coverage NESN.
Did anybody else feel that the NESN broadcast team did a pretty darn good job last night?

I was *****ing to the wife about having to watch the Boston broadcast when the game started, but as it went on they changed my mind pretty quickly.

Unlike our infamous duo (which by the way I don't mind too much, most of the time) who have a thing about going on tangents and exchanging inside jokes for five minutes blocks at a time, the Boston crew stuck with the game even when their team was well out of competing.

What I found most refreshing was them calling the game evenly. I openly questioned whether Dean and Greg would have had the guts to acknowledge the phantom call on Van Allen if the coin was flipped.

Besides, who doesn't love hearing a color guy with a Boston accent saying names like: "Pete-uh Schaeff-uh!"

Old
01-18-2004, 07:19 AM
TexSen

[QUOTE=gbl1p] I listened to most of the game on the radio, and having not seen the replays yet I can say that it sounds like Spezza and Havlat are REALLY clicking. [QUOTE]

Picture Spezza pressed face first up against the left boards, Havlat from the far right circle calls for the puck, and without looking Spezza backhands the puck 3/4 of the way across the width of the ice with a perfect setup to Havlat for a one timer.

It was absolutely the highlight of the game. These two rock!

Old
01-18-2004, 10:02 AM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSen
Did anybody else feel that the NESN broadcast team did a pretty darn good job last night?

I was *****ing to the wife about having to watch the Boston broadcast when the game started, but as it went on they changed my mind pretty quickly.

Unlike our infamous duo (which by the way I don't mind too much, most of the time) who have a thing about going on tangents and exchanging inside jokes for five minutes blocks at a time, the Boston crew stuck with the game even when their team was well out of competing.

What I found most refreshing was them calling the game evenly. I openly questioned whether Dean and Greg would have had the guts to acknowledge the phantom call on Van Allen if the coin was flipped.

Besides, who doesn't love hearing a color guy with a Boston accent saying names like: "Pete-uh Schaeff-uh!"
I totally agree, Dean and Gregg are quickly becoming 2 of the biggest Homers on TV. The boston boys did not let their love for the bruins change the way they called the game, I did not hear them ***** and moan about a call towards the bruins at all.

Old
01-18-2004, 04:30 PM
TexSen

Quote:
I totally agree, Dean and Gregg are quickly becoming 2 of the biggest Homers on TV. The boston boys did not let their love for the bruins change the way they called the game, I did not hear them ***** and moan about a call towards the bruins at all.
The fans on the Bruins section say that those guys are their "A-team" and that they have a different broadcast team for the home games that are our version of Brown and Millen.

I was really impressed with how they staid focused on the game.

It's probably the first time in a while that something about the broadcast team hasn't irked me.

Old
01-20-2004, 11:54 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSen
The fans on the Bruins section say that those guys are their "A-team" and that they have a different broadcast team for the home games that are our version of Brown and Millen.

I was really impressed with how they staid focused on the game.

It's probably the first time in a while that something about the broadcast team hasn't irked me.
Dale Arnold and Gord Kluzak do the home games. Arnold is one of the biggest homers in all of sports broadcasting. He constantly rants about missed calls, cries, whines, and complains like a little girl to the point of him being the butt of all jokes on his WEEI morning radio show every day. No one puts on the rose colored Bruins glasses quite like he does. I think you heard Dave Shea and Andy Brickley doing the game the other night. They are actually both fairly unbiased commentators that stand out like night and day when compared with what you typically hear in a Dale Arnold evening. Like the Pittsburgh Penguins home announcers, Shea and Brickley aren't 100 percent hometeam homers. They generally give the other teams their due when deserved.

Closed Thread