HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

time to shuffle the deck

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2003, 02:24 PM
  #1
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,644
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
time to shuffle the deck

OK, time to make the 700 lb line the 600 Club. Samsonov has not scored in 8 or 9 games and the 700 lb line is prone to standing around so why not give it a game or two and see what happens. I also think Sammy may pass a bit more with Thornton and Murray as linemates and add movement to that line. Since Joe's a passer maybe Sammy shoots more. What the heck, give it a game or two just to spruce things up.

Also, as much as Bergeron is going to a be HOF center why not get him back with Rolston and Axelsson (when he's healthy) and get that line back going.

Hey, those two lines would have happy players- Joe and Sammy want to play together- and with Murray; Rolston and Ax are on record as wanting Bergeron in recent comments.

I move Zinovjev to center with Knuble on the LW and Lapointe on the RW. That could be a pretty good line also- certainly some bangers for the kid and these two horses could protect the gazelle from the cheap shots that seem to come his way.

Why not give it a game or two- you can always go back but both the first and second line have had success in past. Remember the first 8 games Samsonov played on that line last year- lost first game to Wild, tied game and then won 6 with Samsonov getting 3 GWS.....Rolston and Bergeron and Ax were on fire for awhile early in the year and it was this line that secured Bergeron's stay in Boston.

DKH is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 03:41 PM
  #2
Bruzin
Registered User
 
Bruzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Berlin
Country: Germany
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
I agree! I was just thinking how Samsonov is in a funk and how he needs to play with Thornton and Murray again.

Plus, my fantasy team could sure use a productive Samsonov...

Bruzin is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 04:01 PM
  #3
bwunderlich
Registered User
 
bwunderlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: woodstock, ny
Posts: 2,085
vCash: 500
first, i really want bergeron with rolston and axe.

a few nights ago, sammy got the odd shift with joe in the 3rd period and it created some matchup problems, particulary against the trappists. i do like the idea of alternating knuble and sammy say 5-7 times a game giving the opposition a few different looks.

imho, green needs to be 4th line center with the odd 2nd line shift and defensive zone faceoffs. he just doesn't fit on 2nd and/or 3rd lines.

as for the 4th line, sure feels like last year when ftorek all but abandoned
the 4th line and we saw late game goals and end of period goals - just like last night - 3 line teams get tired. please roll 4 lines!! - particularly with the amount of games we have in the upcoming two weeks.

bwunderlich is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 04:07 PM
  #4
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,644
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwunderlich
first, i really want bergeron with rolston and axe.

a few nights ago, sammy got the odd shift with joe in the 3rd period and it created some matchup problems, particulary against the trappists. i do like the idea of alternating knuble and sammy say 5-7 times a game giving the opposition a few different looks.

imho, green needs to be 4th line center with the odd 2nd line shift and defensive zone faceoffs. he just doesn't fit on 2nd and/or 3rd lines.

as for the 4th line, sure feels like last year when ftorek all but abandoned
the 4th line and we saw late game goals and end of period goals - just like last night - 3 line teams get tired. please roll 4 lines!! - particularly with the amount of games we have in the upcoming two weeks.
totally agree on all accounts -and infact, I should have said what you said about Green because thats what I was thinking and its probably his best role now. Sullivan like a lot of coaches leans on vets so Green would probably be regular center but 4th line with odd shift and defensive zone face off works for me. And Bergeron with Rolston and Ax was a really fun line to watch that gave offense without sacrificing defense.

DKH is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 04:09 PM
  #5
tbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
I can't really defend it, and I know line combinations are less exciting than trade proposals for some folks, but I keep hoping that Sullivan will get to this eventually, and I'm not sure why, just have a feeling that it would work.

Samsonov LW ... Thornton C ... Zinovjev RW
Knuble LW ... Bergeron C ... Murray RW
Zamuner LW ... Rolston C ... Lapointe RW
Grosek LW ... Green C ... Mccarthy RW

Sammy and Joe together, 'nuff said, and Zinovjev and Sammy have looked really good together a time or two. Murray and Knuble just need a passer, not sure they need 700lbs on one line. Bergeron would have size on the wings to help him out. Zamuner (or Axellson) with Rolston and Lapointe has had success in the past. A fourth line that could play with some attitude and eat some minutes. Zamuner/Rolston and Lapointe/Green should eat up most of the PK.

tbone is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 04:13 PM
  #6
BlacknGold Barbarino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone
Samsonov LW ... Thornton C ... Zinovjev RW
Knuble LW ... Bergeron C ... Murray RW
Zamuner LW ... Rolston C ... Lapointe RW
Grosek LW ... Green C ... Mccarthy RW
Don't really like the idea of Knuble AND Murray on a line with Bergeron. Thornton carries a line. Murray and Knuble do not. It's way to early to put that much pressure on Bergeron.

BlacknGold Barbarino is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 04:21 PM
  #7
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,644
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone
I can't really defend it, and I know line combinations are less exciting than trade proposals for some folks, but I keep hoping that Sullivan will get to this eventually, and I'm not sure why, just have a feeling that it would work.

Samsonov LW ... Thornton C ... Zinovjev RW
Knuble LW ... Bergeron C ... Murray RW
Zamuner LW ... Rolston C ... Lapointe RW
Grosek LW ... Green C ... Mccarthy RW

Sammy and Joe together, 'nuff said, and Zinovjev and Sammy have looked really good together a time or two. Murray and Knuble just need a passer, not sure they need 700lbs on one line. Bergeron would have size on the wings to help him out. Zamuner (or Axellson) with Rolston and Lapointe has had success in the past. A fourth line that could play with some attitude and eat some minutes. Zamuner/Rolston and Lapointe/Green should eat up most of the PK.
My feeling is Sullivan could put Bergeron back with Rolston and Axelsson but in the theme of the Christmas season, it would have to snow in Southtown before we see Sullivan giving Zinovjev the nod over Green.

Green's a vet and former teammate of Sullivan. Zinovjev is just to big a risk for a rookie coach when he has Green on the bench available. Sullivan would be found at an all night 7/11 buying antacid if he lost a game because of a Zinovjev drop pass that goes the other way for a game winning goal. (helo, Shawn McEachern) I can just sense that Sullivan is thinking 'how do I get Green more ice time as a center?' EASY- move Bergeron back with Rolston and Ax and Green between Lapointe and Samsonov. But, I don't like that line. It doesn't seem to fit talent wise. I could live with Green centering Lapointe and Zino or even Mr Vanilla- Knuble to get Sammy some Joe time.

DKH is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 04:32 PM
  #8
DBL
Registered User
 
DBL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,700
vCash: 500
I would like to see a... Samsonov - Bergeron - Zinovjev line. It'd be something if that line ever clicked, so much offensive talent. Defence and strength may become a concern I realize, but there all shifty and have a strong work ethic on the ice.

Knuble - Thornton - Murray
Sammy - Bergeron - Zinovjev
Axelsson - Rolston - Lapointe
Grosek - Green -McCarty/Zamuner

DBL is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 05:05 PM
  #9
mflo77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 548
vCash: 500
an idea

time to split up Thornton-Murray. Murray did just fine last year while he played with Stumpel, and he may do well playing on a line with samsonov and Bergeron. Samsonov quickness can elude players away from Murray and open him up for the one timer. My suggestion for a game:

Knuble-Thornton-Lapointe
Samsonov-Bergeron-Murray
Axelsson-Rolston-Green
Any fourth line is fine

mflo77

mflo77 is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 05:09 PM
  #10
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone
I can't really defend it, and I know line combinations are less exciting than trade proposals for some folks, but I keep hoping that Sullivan will get to this eventually, and I'm not sure why, just have a feeling that it would work.

Samsonov LW ... Thornton C ... Zinovjev RW
Knuble LW ... Bergeron C ... Murray RW
Zamuner LW ... Rolston C ... Lapointe RW
Grosek LW ... Green C ... Mccarthy RW

Sammy and Joe together, 'nuff said, and Zinovjev and Sammy have looked really good together a time or two. Murray and Knuble just need a passer, not sure they need 700lbs on one line. Bergeron would have size on the wings to help him out. Zamuner (or Axellson) with Rolston and Lapointe has had success in the past. A fourth line that could play with some attitude and eat some minutes. Zamuner/Rolston and Lapointe/Green should eat up most of the PK.
It would probably work great--at least two lines would get mucho offensive opportunities--but I doubt Sully has the cajones to try it. And his buddy Green (who is SO important to this team) would be whining about playing small minutes on the fourth line (where he belongs).

misterjaggers is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 05:10 PM
  #11
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mflo77
time to split up Thornton-Murray. Murray did just fine last year while he played with Stumpel, and he may do well playing on a line with samsonov and Bergeron. Samsonov quickness can elude players away from Murray and open him up for the one timer. My suggestion for a game:

Knuble-Thornton-Lapointe
Samsonov-Bergeron-Murray
Axelsson-Rolston-Green
Any fourth line is fine

mflo77

i like that idea, with a bit of a twist:

Knuble-Thornton-Zinovjev
Samsonov-Bergeron-Murray
Axelsson-Rolston-Lapointe
Zamuner/Grosek-Green-McCarthy

neelynugs is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 05:50 PM
  #12
Magnus Fulgur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 7,354
vCash: 500
Lineup

Sammy Bergeron Zinojvev WAS a line in preseason briefly, and it was excellent. The D had NO idea what to do with them, and it made the Thornton (slow an physical) game all the more effective.

Murray Thornton Knuble
Zinojvev Bergeron Samsonov
Lapointe Rolston Axelsson
Zamuner Green McCarthy

Other things I'd like to see.
1.) Joe should shoot more. He's starting to, and it's great to see.
2.) Sammy should shoot more, and actually TAKE IT TO THE NET someday. If he doesn't soon he should go apartment shopping in Manhattan. He's capable of much more intelligent play than we're seeing now.
3.) Lines 1&2 are PP exclusively. Lines 3&4 are PK exclusively
4.) No more Rolston on the point for PP. McGillis and Jillson and Boynton and OD. They need more "offensive" time anyhow - it will help to integrate them to the offensive in general.
5.) As has been said, we have to roll four lines. Our fourth line is strong! We need to play for 82 games. Three lines = First round and out.

Magnus Fulgur is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 06:14 PM
  #13
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
My feeling is Sullivan could put Bergeron back with Rolston and Axelsson but in the theme of the Christmas season, it would have to snow in Southtown before we see Sullivan giving Zinovjev the nod over Green.

Green's a vet and former teammate of Sullivan. Zinovjev is just to big a risk for a rookie coach when he has Green on the bench available. Sullivan would be found at an all night 7/11 buying antacid if he lost a game because of a Zinovjev drop pass that goes the other way for a game winning goal. (helo, Shawn McEachern) I can just sense that Sullivan is thinking 'how do I get Green more ice time as a center?' EASY- move Bergeron back with Rolston and Ax and Green between Lapointe and Samsonov. But, I don't like that line. It doesn't seem to fit talent wise. I could live with Green centering Lapointe and Zino or even Mr Vanilla- Knuble to get Sammy some Joe time.
Wanna play a game of fifty-two card pick-up? I'll deal.

I frankly don't care if Sullivan named his first son Travis. The Bruins need to put the best unit out on the ice and win games or Sullivan will be out of a job.

Green isn't a playmaker. He isn't a puck possession player. His defense is obviously overrated or he wouldn't have a negative plus/minus. He hasn't helped the hapless penalty killing unit. If he wasn't good at faceoffs, he wouldn't even be a center. : He's physical and agitating -that's about it.

(BTW, what does Shawn McEachern have to do with Zino? The one game we played against the Thrashers, Zino was a healthy scratch. And Green was minus one with no shots on net in an OT loss.)


Last edited by misterjaggers: 12-02-2003 at 01:43 AM.
misterjaggers is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 01:27 AM
  #14
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedbsfan
Sammy Bergeron Zinojvev WAS a line in preseason briefly, and it was excellent. The D had NO idea what to do with them, and it made the Thornton (slow an physical) game all the more effective.

Murray Thornton Knuble
Zinojvev Bergeron Samsonov
Lapointe Rolston Axelsson
Zamuner Green McCarthy

Other things I'd like to see.
1.) Joe should shoot more. He's starting to, and it's great to see.
2.) Sammy should shoot more, and actually TAKE IT TO THE NET someday. If he doesn't soon he should go apartment shopping in Manhattan. He's capable of much more intelligent play than we're seeing now.
3.) Lines 1&2 are PP exclusively. Lines 3&4 are PK exclusively
4.) No more Rolston on the point for PP. McGillis and Jillson and Boynton and OD. They need more "offensive" time anyhow - it will help to integrate them to the offensive in general.
5.) As has been said, we have to roll four lines. Our fourth line is strong! We need to play for 82 games. Three lines = First round and out.
I can understand why Sammy-Bergeron-Zino was a combustable combination in preseason. It would be exciting now. Okay, it's a small line, but there's so much skating and passing motion that it would be tough for big, slow lunks to catch up with the sprites. Besides, the Bruins can put a couple big lugs out there on defense.

You know that it would jump-start Samsonov. He'd pot a goal after some connect-the-dots passing and there would be that **** grin on his face again -like a little boy playing shinny on a frozen pond.

misterjaggers is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 06:22 AM
  #15
Jeff from Maine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,667
vCash: 500
I`d Do...

I`d chaneg up a bit as well...

But I wouldnt split Thornton and Murray...IMHO, Muzz needs someone who works the area behind the net. Its MUCH easier to be a spot up shooter when your set up from behind the cage, rather than on cross ice passes. Muzz loses effectiveness when play comes from areas other than Thorntons House.

Thats another way of me saying that Bergeron isnt the kind of player who will succeed behind the net...YET! he isnt big enough the handle bigger d-men who will undoubtably be all over him if he plays that space.

I`d go with this...

Thornton- Lapointe/Axelsson- Murray
Zinovjev- Samsonov- Knuble
Rolston- Axelsson/Lapointe- Bergeron
Green- Grosek- McCarthy

Later

Jeff from Maine is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 06:33 AM
  #16
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 26,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruzin
I agree! I was just thinking how Samsonov is in a funk and how he needs to play with Thornton and Murray again.

Plus, my fantasy team could sure use a productive Samsonov...

I dont disagree, I just hope we dont see Samsonov clamoring for a major raise when he has to play on the top line to produce. I like the guy and everything, but he will be soon asking for top money when top money is for guys who are not only great players, but make anyone they play with succesful as well. For a while I thought Samsonov was that type of player, now I am not sure.

Bruwinz37 is online now  
Old
12-02-2003, 08:58 AM
  #17
lostboy_77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
well...lets see... shuffling lines. lets stop kidding ourselves into thinking brian rolston is a center. if i watch him lose another defensive zone face-off while playing against another teams top line I think i am going to throw my tv out the window. we have travis green as third line checking center, ( side note they should just use him on every faceoff for that combo 3rd line) so lets make a checking unit and move rolston to a wing. if rollie can set himself in an open space i think we have the passers on this squad to feed him one timers. personally i think that is how he scores most his goals, one timer blasts.

so if we move rolston to a wing(RW or LW), who does he ride with....?

a few scenarios:

a more conservative change:

knuble joe muzz
samsonov bergeron rolston
ax green lapointe

a more radical change:

knuble joe rolston
sammy bergeron muzz
ax green lapointe

i love the checking line anyway!!!

lostboy_77 is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 09:17 AM
  #18
Jeff from Maine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,667
vCash: 500
Why Stop Kidding Ourselves

Why stop kiding ourselves when every coach has used Rolston prmarily as a center?

If the coaches insist on using him in that role, why should we deviate from their obvious thought process?

Later

Jeff from Maine is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 09:50 AM
  #19
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
I`d chaneg up a bit as well...

But I wouldnt split Thornton and Murray...IMHO, Muzz needs someone who works the area behind the net. Its MUCH easier to be a spot up shooter when your set up from behind the cage, rather than on cross ice passes. Muzz loses effectiveness when play comes from areas other than Thorntons House.

Thats another way of me saying that Bergeron isnt the kind of player who will succeed behind the net...YET! he isnt big enough the handle bigger d-men who will undoubtably be all over him if he plays that space.

I`d go with this...

Thornton- Lapointe/Axelsson- Murray
Zinovjev- Samsonov- Knuble
Rolston- Axelsson/Lapointe- Bergeron
Green- Grosek- McCarthy

Later
That's it. What a coincidence! Those are the line combos I was going to suggest. That's too weird...
Here's the logic: you put Knuble with Sammy and Zino because he's smart enough to figure out what the Russians are doing. And I think I'd lean towards putting Axe on the first line and have Lapointe play with his buddy Bergeron on the third line.

I just KNOW these combinations would click. Too bad I don't have Sully's phone number or I'd leave him a message on his answering machine!


Last edited by misterjaggers: 12-02-2003 at 09:58 AM.
misterjaggers is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 09:59 AM
  #20
lostboy_77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
Why stop kiding ourselves when every coach has used Rolston prmarily as a center?

If the coaches insist on using him in that role, why should we deviate from their obvious thought process?

Later
Actually coaches used Rolston at the left wing spot in his previous NHL stints in NJ and Colorado. He was only moved to center here in Boston (two seasons ago, if I remember correctly) as a bandaid, due to the inability of management to pick up a third line center. He has produced in that role, though I would argue that many of his points have been the result special teams play. He is abyssmal in the face off circle (46% last year if memroy serves me) and in my opinion lacks the passing skills and creativity to play the center spot. Rolston plays a straight up and down game, has a decent slapper, and good defensvie instincts on the forecheck. Which to me screams winger. Furthermore he has had success on the wing as Devil and during his early days as a Bruin.

Why move him? Well in the last 5 games Rolston has 1 even strength goal. When the Bruins were winning in month October, Rolston had finished up with 5 even strength goals. I think Begeron really helped rolston create even strength scoring chances that made this team more than a one line team. Since Green was ineffective moved up with and Bergeron and Sammy have played well together, how bout giving them a finisher who has also played well Bergeron. It seems to me that it may be worth a try.

This thread was a bout roster shake ups, so I shook it up. Sorry you don't agree.....but I am not of the opinion that coaches have insisted on using Rolston at center. As a bruin they really had little alternative. As devil and a 'lanche he was used at the wing spot effectively.

lostboy_77 is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 10:03 AM
  #21
BlacknGold Barbarino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,440
vCash: 500
Lostboy, Rolston has been used at both positions (C and LW) throughout his career. He was actually used more often as a center by NJ and Colorado than as a LW. This wasn't something the Bruins invented out of neccesity.

BlacknGold Barbarino is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 11:55 AM
  #22
Don Cherry*
 
Don Cherry*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 6,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
i like that idea, with a bit of a twist:

Knuble-Thornton-Zinovjev
Samsonov-Bergeron-Murray
Axelsson-Rolston-Lapointe
Zamuner/Grosek-Green-McCarthy
Wow, Zzzzzzzinovjev on the first line? So much for having to actually EARN anything if that were to happen. Good way to send a message to the team.

Don Cherry* is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 12:02 PM
  #23
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry
Wow, Zzzzzzzinovjev on the first line? So much for having to actually EARN anything if that were to happen. Good way to send a message to the team.
i think zinovjev would fit well on that line, acting as a samsonov-type player, with joe and knuble filling the playmaking and corners work. but after i think about it, you have a very valid point. i mean, maybe we should put grosek or green on the top line, or perhaps call up stock and use him there? if that fails, there's always doug doull or colton orr. seems like a pretty great idea.

neelynugs is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 12:09 PM
  #24
Don Cherry*
 
Don Cherry*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 6,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
i think zinovjev would fit well on that line, acting as a samsonov-type player, with joe and knuble filling the playmaking and corners work. but after i think about it, you have a very valid point. i mean, maybe we should put grosek or green on the top line, or perhaps call up stock and use him there? if that fails, there's always doug doull or colton orr. seems like a pretty great idea.
I'm not sure why you insist on bringing up players who weren't even mentioned previously in this thread. I didn't mention puting Green, Grosek or any of them on the first line and niether did anyone else. You seem to be trying to bait me which is fine seeing as I no longer fall for that little trick. I will, however, simply state that to put a completely undeserving player, which Zzzzzzinovjev clearly is, on the first line sends the wrong message to the team.
I'm pretty sure Marty Lapointe had to almost physically force him to practice last week. "Nice attitude, Zzzzino. You're going from frequent healthy scratch to the first line even though you put forth no effort at all. Keep up the "good" work".
Yeah, Zzzzino on the first line sounds like a good plan. (snicker)

Don Cherry* is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 12:22 PM
  #25
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry
I'm not sure why you insist on bringing up players who weren't even mentioned previously in this thread. I didn't mention puting Green, Grosek or any of them on the first line and niether did anyone else. You seem to be trying to bait me which is fine seeing as I no longer fall for that little trick. I will, however, simply state that to put a completely undeserving player, which Zzzzzzinovjev clearly is, on the first line sends the wrong message to the team.
I'm pretty sure Marty Lapointe had to almost physically force him to practice last week. "Nice attitude, Zzzzino. You're going from frequent healthy scratch to the first line even though you put forth no effort at all. Keep up the "good" work".
Yeah, Zzzzino on the first line sounds like a good plan. (snicker)
it does make sense from a stylistic standpoint. but i guess since he doesn't fight or throw bodychecks on every single shift, he's not worthy of playing.
you bring up how great a guy like oliwa is in about 800 other threads (and by the way, he's about as useless as any hockey player i've seen in this league), so what, i can't reference what you said from post A to post B? that's rather shortsighted. tell me, what should the bruins do? should they get rid of axelsson, zinovjev and several others, and bring in more "deserving" players like doull and orr?

neelynugs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.