Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alberts Injury

Old
12-25-2006, 06:19 PM
StrBender

vCash: 500
Alberts Injury

I have been looking to see how Alberts is doing. Anyone have any updates? I hope he's ok, because it looked nasty.

StrBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 06:25 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

No updates, but he got stitches in his cheek on Saturday and hopefully his vision is fine now.

12-25-2006, 07:18 PM
StrBender

If that is all that happend to him that would be great. Not that any injury is ok. I just didn't have good feelings about it.

StrBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Cheesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrBender View Post
If that is all that happend to him that would be great. Not that any injury is ok. I just didn't have good feelings about it.
He talked with the media on post-game and said his vision was almost totally back to normal, and that was about 20 mins after the game. I'm sure he'll be fine. He also already said that he won't be putting on a shield.

Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Axeltron

From bostonbruins.com, the "The B's Give Boston a Gift" article, towards the end:

"Unfortunately, the game was stopped for several minutes later in the final period when Boston's Andrew Alberts took a Ryder stick to the cheek at 15:28.

Alberts, cut and needing attention, went to the dressing room and the Bruins were awarded a four-minute power play. Thankfully, the young D-man turned out to be fine and earned precious few stitches for his trouble.

After the game he admitted that any time you get hit in the face it is a cause for concern.

"You obviously can't see what happened," said Alberts. "Getting hit (near) the eye…it's obviously a scary thing." "

Sounds like he'll be back on the ice tonight to me.

Axeltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 10:25 AM
rockon83

From: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...s/bruins_blog/

"* Andrew Alberts suffered a cut in his left eye when he was clipped by Michael Ryder in the third period. Alberts said he lost vision for several minutes, but he could see after the game, although things looked cloudy. He also suffered a cut on his left cheek that required several stitches to close. Despite the close call, Alberts doesn't plan on wearing a visor."

I just don't get it

If I were an owner, I'd want mandatory visors to protect my expensive investments....

rockon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 10:27 AM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
Have then inacted the grandfathering of the players comming in being required to wear visors? I know they were talking about it, but never heard anything finalized.

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 10:42 AM
ksp1957

vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockon83 View Post
Alberts said he lost vision for several minutes, but he could see after the game, although things looked cloudy. He also suffered a cut on his left cheek that required several stitches to close. Despite the close call, Alberts doesn't plan on wearing a visor."
Definitely should wear a visor. It really sucks when the vision gets cloudy like that. Hope he doesn't go through stuff like Koivu has gone through. Every time I hear about that type of stuff, I flinch a little. I went through the eye surgery last year and it definitely is no fun !!!

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Marc008

Send a message via MSN to Marc008
I agree with you guys about the visors the thing I dont understand is why young players like Alberts they have played all there amateur career with some kind of facial protection with a visor or a cage and once they make it pro and play in the NHL they stop wearing one if they could play JR or College hockey with a visor why not in the NHL.

Marc008 is offline   Reply With Quote