GDT: Boston Bruins @ Columbus Blue Jackets l 12/26 l 7 ET l VERSUS

Old
12-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Killerbeez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerri View Post
I read a few pages and am wondering, did Murray lose his teeth or what exactly is the story there? Also, did he make it back to the game?
Murray got a blatant stick to the teeth that went for a non-call. Split his lip, had to leave the ice to get stitched up.. He came back

Killerbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 07:43 AM
blackngold4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgerace23 View Post
Yea so maybe it was a bad call late, but it was a bad call early that put you guys on a 5-3 that you scored on. So we are even.

The goal saved your guys *** tonight, CBJ should have had 3-4 goals in the third.
Yeah and we should have had a 6-2 lead in the second, your goalie saved your *** much like Thomas did ours in the third. Further, we all know that the 5-3 the Bruins got was bad as well, I think most of us are tired of the ticky tack calls in general not just the ones that go against the Bruins. I can't speak for everyone but hockey isn't a game that is supposed to be played on special teams for the majority of the game, and that is seemingly what Bettman wants and frankly I think that most old school hockey fans want to see good, hard hitting, fast paced, 5 on 5 hockey and we just don't get it nearly enough anymore. There's simply no way you can give Chara that penalty at the end of the game unless he does something drastic, granted the Bruins lost this game with their ridiculous defensive shell you still can't give a team a 6-3.

blackngold4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 07:53 AM
bruinmann77

it was a terrible way to lose a point last night but if they continue to play most of the 3rd period in their own zone this is bound to continue.
they seem to lack discpine especailly on the ot winner.

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 07:59 AM
tgerace23

I think some of you are upset that Columbus isnt the push over it was the last time the teams played. Judging by your predicted scores and attitudes after the game you guys expected another blow out.

tgerace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 08:13 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgerace23 View Post
I think some of you are upset that Columbus isnt the push over it was the last time the teams played. Judging by your predicted scores and attitudes after the game you guys expected another blow out.

Well said. The way the game was lost stinks, but taking a point from a streaking team at home, the day after Xmas is a bonus.

TMac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21 View Post
6 on 3 or not, Alberts has to clear that puck with 30 seconds left off the faceoff win!!
This is very true, but give Hainsey credit, he made a helluva play.

Gotta give props to Bergeron for winning it so clean. You HAVE to win a faceoff that clean when you are outmanned 6-3 to even have gain possession. After two periods last night Bergeron and Savard had only won about 33% of their faceoffs....they finished the night both around 50%.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterfoo View Post
the three people killing the 5-on-3 late in the game?

Alberts
Bergeron

and?

Wayne Primeau.

are you f'ing kidding me? a center, a defenseman, and a waste of space.

GOAL.
It was a 6 on 3...Columbus was scoring bro. Primeau had played an excellent game and as noted if Alberts cleared the zone we would have had a chance. If I were Alberts I would have went off the glass hard because even if you miss you cant go down to two skaters so whats the difference?

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 08:45 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
It was a 6 on 3...Columbus was scoring bro. Primeau had played an excellent game and as noted if Alberts cleared the zone we would have had a chance. If I were Alberts I would have went off the glass hard because even if you miss you cant go down to two skaters so whats the difference?
that's the first thing i thought of during the draw - bang it high off the glass if we win it.

as for bergeron, he owned feds in the circle last night, and i was pretty confident he'd win it, even on that side of the ice (which is the weak side for a righty). as you said, hainsey did a great job to keep that puck in the zone. once they were set up, we were meat.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 08:59 AM
FL4WL3SS

I haven't read all of this GDT, so I don't know if I'm repeating information, hopefully I can give some new insight.

I went to the game last night, didn't feel like posting when I got home because I was so po'd.

Here are a couple of observations from the game:

1. I don't know if it looked this way on TV, but Chara single handedly lost the game for them, just a completely miserable game for him. He cost the Bruins at least 2 goals, if not 3. Terrible play on the blue line to give up the shorthanded goal and he was getting beat regularly all night by the speed of the Jackets forwards. I can't say enough about the terrible game he played. Brutal.

2. Dave Lewis has officially written his name on my s@#t list. I am tired of the 'get an early lead and then play not to lose the lead/game' strategy that he employs. This completely destroyed their chances of winning the game last night. When you crawl into a shell to protect a lead, it is nearly impossible to change gears and become aggressive again if the other team ties the game. Terrible coaching. After the game the other day where the B's got no shots in the 3rd, I started to wonder, now I'm officially convinced that he's out of his mind. Why not play the game the same as what got you the lead in the first place? Inexcusable.

3. Maybe there was some insight into this and I just didn't pick up on it, but why was Primeau used on the PP AND PK last night? I couldn't understand this at all. When we had a chance to put the game away in the 3rd when we had a PP, I saw Primeau out on the ice and couldn't believe it.

4. And after all of that, the Bruins STILL almost won the game. I have to admit, we have a pretty good team. I think the coaching is holding this team back more than anything. I feel very good about this team regardless of the warts. It was a very entertaining game and I am very glad I went.

-FL4WL3SS-

FL4WL3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 09:10 AM
FL4WL3SS

One more observation from the game that I forgot to mention: Chistov NEEDS more ice time. The kid is looking very comfortable and he is even more impressive in person. There were a few times last where I was very impressed with his comfort with the puck and ability to find the open ice. I like what I see.

-FL4WL3SS-

FL4WL3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Smerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbeez View Post
Murray got a blatant stick to the teeth that went for a non-call. Split his lip, had to leave the ice to get stitched up.. He came back
Glad he came back and has all his chiclets.

Figures that the call didn't come since it would have helped the Bruins.

Smerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 08:08 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerri View Post
Glad he came back and has all his chiclets.

Figures that the call didn't come since it would have helped the Bruins.
Two G-Dam refs on the ice, the puck in play, the Columbus player winding up like he's using a sand wedge on a bunker shot and that's not seen, or if it was seen, as it had to be, it wasn't called, yet Chara's prelude-to-a-hook draws a penalty to create a 6-on-3 with less than a minute left. Sorry, all you boys and girls who are defenders of the new look NHL, but that's pure bul!*****.

TheReal13Linseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Waltah*

6-on-3

ill never forget that.

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote