HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Blues @ Preds GDT # 8496

Old
12-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

vCash: 500
This offically puts us over .500 vs St Louis in our history It only took 12 strait wins to do it I think we are already have winning records vs Chicago and Columbus Now let's get over.500 vs Detroit with like 40 strait.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 10:00 PM
On Axis
Mad Vlad

Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Can't see the game, what'd he do?
Head fake, pulled the puck to his backhand, and put it over Legace.

On Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 11:01 PM
PredDave

Radu! what a beautiful deke to beat Legace in the 5th round of the shootout!

I was getting worried after Sullivan, Kariya, and Erat all missed their shootout attempts. But, Guerin, Rucinsky, Tkachuk and Weight all missed theirs as well.

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Pred303

whew.. watching us play stl is wearing me out.. a few quick thoughts;

..when we finally score the first goal on them (the first time they haven't scored the first goal of the game in murray's 8 games now), and we are on the verge of making them open up and play our style of hockey... well then we take 4 penalties in the next 12 minutes and keep the game from opening up ourselves because of it.

..you knew we were dodging bullets with all those penalties in such a short time, and then we come out and take one to start the third period where it finally bites us, and we're back to square one.

...a slow game. a stl speed game. very tight checking. very neutral zone oriented. very low scoring. exactly what they want, they played a fine roadgame to be honest.

..legace played a whale of a game again. the guy simply takes away the bottom half of the net and we don't get the puck elevated on him. when we do we hit the crossbar(kariya), we score two goals (kariya/hartnell), and we score in the shootout(rads)..

..three early chances to open up a lead in the first and change this game. kariya's breakaway from legwand. legwand driving down the slot from kariya. and hartnell's breakaway. legace was tough.

..mason hurt himself on the second shootout shot. tweaked something. notice hartnell skate out to make sure he was ok? notice mason flexing his leg, possibly a knee after that shot?.. a scary thing with our situation right now. i won't feel completely better about this until mason says he's ready to go friday. makes me nervous to even think about this.

..mason is simply awesome in the shootout (only once, in the VAN game, has he ever really struggled.) tonight he was solid as a rock. he gave no shots up to the shooters, he made great leg and toe saves on the guys that deked. deking is honestly the only way to get the guy. you have to deke him down, and then go top shelf or you're not going to have a chance to beat him. fortunately, none of them that got him to go down could get the puck elevated.

..what a near run thing on the rucinsky shot. that one could have gone either way, as it was plain the butt of his stick had knocked the puck over the line. whew.

..legace totally took kariya and sully's shot away. it was obvious he was well prepared for their patented moves, he outwaited both of them and wouldn't go down early to open the upper left and upper right corners these guys like best. same on erat. i thought radulov had a huge advantage because no one has ever seen him shootout before, had no clue what he was going to do. but oh what a move and shot it was.

..radulov. man i love this guy. great to see such enthusiasm isn't it?

...well, two more points whether you see the glass half full or half empty. 25-9-3. man is this sweet or what?

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
..mason hurt himself on the second shootout shot. tweaked something. notice hartnell skate out to make sure he was ok? notice mason flexing his leg, possibly a knee after that shot?.. a scary thing with our situation right now. i won't feel completely better about this until mason says he's ready to go friday. makes me nervous to even think about this.
Definitely tweaked something there on that second shot. Great save, but one that definitely put a lot of strain on his groin/hamstring/hip flexor/knee, etc.

Tkachuk and the final shooter (Weight?) if you noticed came down on the next shot and tried to go from right to left to test Mason's leg, but Mase was up to the challenge and continued his dominance in the shootout.

I think we will all be holding our breath for the next few days to see how the leg reacts tonight and whether or not Mason is able to go Friday in Dallas and Saturday back here at the HOP.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 07:23 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Anyone listen to the post game interview with Hordy. Aparently Tootoo and Hordi tried to get Myers and Hinote to go but they wouldn't fight.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 07:59 AM
RollingPredFan

I didn't see anything in the Tenneseean about Mason... So I hope hes ok

hehe Legace called Tootoo a donkey

Oh well to be honest we have been fortunate against the Blues, but somehow we seem to find ways to eek out the W

Last edited by RollingPredFan: 12-27-2006 at 07:59 AM. Reason: typo
RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 08:00 AM
Blueski

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Definitely tweaked something there on that second shot. Great save, but one that definitely put a lot of strain on his groin/hamstring/hip flexor/knee, etc.

Tkachuk and the final shooter (Weight?) if you noticed came down on the next shot and tried to go from right to left to test Mason's leg, but Mase was up to the challenge and continued his dominance in the shootout.

I think we will all be holding our breath for the next few days to see how the leg reacts tonight and whether or not Mason is able to go Friday in Dallas and Saturday back here at the HOP.
In a postgame interview on Fox Sports in STL, they asked Mason whether the Rucinsky shot was a goal (like he was gonna say yes ), and he said that on that shot he felt a tweak in his quad. Not really something you want your goalie announcing to the world .

Anyway, I doubt it is anything serious if he actually said something in a televised interview. He should be good to go for Dallas on Friday. If anything, he might get a rest on Friday as a precaution and go on Sat.

Blueski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 08:27 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Haha Zids was in a fight?

Actually the first video I ever remember seeing of Zidlicky was from a European game where he was just clobbering a guy.

biscuithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 10:15 AM
kakemono

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Anyone listen to the post game interview with Hordy. Aparently Tootoo and Hordi tried to get Myers and Hinote to go but they wouldn't fight.
yeah, I heard that... and both said no - therefore, both Hordy and Toots took liberties with the Blues players and pissed off everyone within 100 miles of St Louis.

Rather than blame our 4th liners, they should be blaming thier own team for not protecting thier team.

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead View Post
Actually the first video I ever remember seeing of Zidlicky was from a European game where he was just clobbering a guy.
Zids was a little bloody in that video but he was smiling and when the camera panned to the other guy - wow - lots of blood streaming down the face.

I don't think I'd want Zids pissed at me.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 12:17 PM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
yeah, I heard that... and both said no - therefore, both Hordy and Toots took liberties with the Blues players and pissed off everyone within 100 miles of St Louis.

Rather than blame our 4th liners, they should be blaming thier own team for not protecting thier team.
not protecting our team? is that why Jay McClement got a freaking instigator.. and 10 min game misconduct? Yea.. Tootoo can run around all day.. and no one can really do anything because of these stupid rules they have..

coolhandluke2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Olaf

[QUOTE=SLake;7469358]Definitely tweaked something there on that second shot. Great save, but one that definitely put a lot of strain on his groin/hamstring/hip flexor/knee, etc.
QUOTE]

Here is a pic my cousin took of the reviewed stop. He was real deep with the toe save...verrry close..

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 12:22 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

if that's where the puck ended up, it definitely wasn't a goal. the puck has to go completely over.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Jarnberg

I think the puck went in a tad bit further. Its really close to being all the way over the line. But part of it may have been touching the line.

As for the instigator argument above; I agree, the instigator penalty needs to be removed from the game.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 12:37 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by csstranger View Post
As for the instigator argument above; I agree, the instigator penalty needs to be removed from the game.
I'm not sure that's the perfect solution that everyone pretends it to be. Tootoo has a lot of clean hits in addition to his illegal ones. Should he be forced to answer for all of them? That's up for debate. What I don't want to see is him land a clean shot on an opposing player and then get jumped from behind by their team's goon and pummeled mercilessly. If the NHL is going to remove the instigator, it needs to do so wisely not by eliminating the rule altogether but altering it to allow acts like that of McClement.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
Here is a pic my cousin took of the reviewed stop. He was real deep with the toe save...verrry close..
Great picture, thanks for sharing. I sit in the front row of the third level over Mason's left shoulder so it was impossible for me to see where the puck wound up due to his pad.

Regardless, as Trotz said in the postgame...according to the rules of the shootout (as they were amended for this season) once the puck's forward momentum is stopped or it changes direction (away from the net) the shot is over. Trotz said that Mason made the initial save with his pad and the rebound came out and hit the butt end of Mason's goal stick which propelled it back towards the goal line where you see the puck in the picture.

Trotz said he was surprised at how long the replay took due to this rule change and also joked that the Predators played heavily into the revision of the shootout rules this summer due to their experiences from last season.

Old
12-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Great picture, thanks for sharing. I sit in the front row of the third level over Mason's left shoulder so it was impossible for me to see where the puck wound up due to his pad.
I sit on the third level over Mason's right shoulde and the puck NEVER crossed the line. I knew it was No Goal....

*** grumble, grumble *** they should have ME reviewing goal or no goal.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 01:56 PM
RollingPredFan

According to Trotz it should have not even been reviewed for what its worth

Quote:
Predators Coach Barry Trotz said he did not know why the review took so long.

"The rule is pretty clear as soon as the puck comes to a stop it's a dead puck," Trotz said. "So no matter if the goalie knocks it in or if it goes off the guys shin pad as soon as it changes direction and stops movement it's no goal."

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 03:30 PM
irisheyes555

ESPN News had a good super slow motion replay of the save in question last night. mason had kicked out his leg to stop the puck. then the top of his stick came down and nudged the puck deeper. i think the replay judge sidestepped the issue wether or not the puck had "lost all forward momentum" and just ruled no goal based on the fact the the entire puck did not cross the line. about 75~90% did, but you could not see a "white gap" between the black puck and the red goal line.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
ESPN News had a good super slow motion replay of the save in question last night. mason had kicked out his leg to stop the puck. then the top of his stick came down and nudged the puck deeper. i think the replay judge sidestepped the issue wether or not the puck had "lost all forward momentum" and just ruled no goal based on the fact the the entire puck did not cross the line. about 75~90% did, but you could not see a "white gap" between the black puck and the red goal line.
THAT GOT A SUPER SLOW-MO REPLAY ON AN ESPN CHANNEL???

The sky is falling and the pigs are flying!!!

Old
12-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Pred303

watched the replay on the stl feed when i got home, don't think the review was about the "forward momentum" of the puck trotz said it was in the postgame show at all (or the review time would have been shorter)..i bet the review decision was based instead on whether the puck crossed the line or not.. it was that close is why the review took time..

to me, it looked as if it got 99% over the line, but no white showed between the puck and the goal line, it was as close as it could possibly be to being all the way over the line, just the very tip of the puck touched the back of the line

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 05:57 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
THAT GOT A SUPER SLOW-MO REPLAY ON AN ESPN CHANNEL???

The sky is falling and the pigs are flying!!!
i usually watch ESPN News for highlights vs sportscenter. every blue moon barry melrose or someone might give us a 30 seconds, but ESPN news doesn't have to squeeze in as much fluff. very much like watching CNN 24 hour news(30 min) vs CNN, just the facts maam. of course with both of the streamlined versions they are continually evolving, so eventually stories get replaced. don't think the preds highlights made it past lunch today, but at least the NHL gets some love there.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 07:49 PM
braindead

Well, center ice pretty much paid for itself last night as I didn't have tickets and they didn't blackout the game in nashville. We had the Blues feed and the announcers did a pretty good job in my opinion. They weren't showing Tootoo the love after the hit that led to the instigator penalty. In my view though, the puck got past the Blues player and Tootoo had a shot at negating the icing until the last instance.... maybe that's a homer's view though .

Seeing Radulov's goal about 22 times on DVR was worth plenty. It was a thing of beauty with the stick movements, followed by the spread stance and head fake to get Legace moving and then just destroyed him with the backhand.

I thought the puck was over the line against Mason based on the blue line view but the "overhead" view isn't directly overhead so you can't see white. I kept wondering why they didn't call the forward progress dead though and negate the whole issue-- the logic earlier in this thread seems reasonable though.

All in all I thought we played an excellent game and just got stoned by Legace at the key times. A two goal lead would have really played into our hands as the Blues can't play wide open and succeed.

I thought we got very solid games from Legwand, Hartnell, and Weber. I nearly had a stroke when Arnott refused to shoot the puck in OT on the PP despite repeated setups for it and it was equally frustrating to see the puck not get over to Sully's side at all on it. I do like that setup though so hopefully they iron out the kinks.

I thought Suter had a less than great game (colored heavily by his horrible fall down, swing and a miss play at our blue line) along with Kimmo.

As unhappy as I was last year with Hartnell's lack of composure, I'm ready to sign him and promise him the "C" (now or later) and let Kimmo go if that is what it takes to keep Hartnell. I loved seeing Hartnell as the first out to congratulate Radu after the goal and I loved the quote in the paper the other day from J.P. about he, PK and Hartnell always staying late to practice tip shots after practice. Given the love of Hartnell here already, I'll stop the flogging

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post

I thought we got very solid games from Legwand, Hartnell, and Weber. I nearly had a stroke when Arnott refused to shoot the puck in OT on the PP despite repeated setups for it and it was equally frustrating to see the puck not get over to Sully's side at all on it. I do like that setup though so hopefully they iron out the kinks.

As unhappy as I was last year with Hartnell's lack of composure, I'm ready to sign him and promise him the "C" (now or later) and let Kimmo go if that is what it takes to keep Hartnell. I loved seeing Hartnell as the first out to congratulate Radu after the goal and I loved the quote in the paper the other day from J.P. about he, PK and Hartnell always staying late to practice tip shots after practice. Given the love of Hartnell here already, I'll stop the flogging
Well, Sully did make 2 horrible turnovers on the PP when Arnott did pass it to him. The Blues do a great job sitting back and taking away every shooting lane....on that PP nobody was getting to the net to cause havoc like Hartnell did on the one in which he scored. And I agree, Hartnell is an awesome vocal leader on the ice....and is the gritty skilled forward we can not replace.. He must be signed...

I loved Erat's play as well, he was creating chances all night...and made the great feed to Kariya.

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote