HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yakubov recalled Sullivan injured

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Stuy

vCash: 500
Yakubov recalled Sullivan injured

as per the Blackhawkzone.com

11-28-2003, 01:02 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

What's the scouting report on this kid?

Old
11-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Slowe

Big center with loads of skill. Doesn't typically initiate contact, but will take it to make a play. I've heard Jason Allison comparisons but have never seen him play myself. He put up massive points in Red Deer two years ago but then bombed in Norfolk last year. The knock on him was that he did not want to put in a consistent effort. He doesn't have many points this year but word is his attitude is much better. He has the effort and is doing the little things, but the team has struggled for offense just like him. First line skills, but may fall to second line center due to consistency?

Old
11-30-2003, 06:20 AM
kacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowe
Big center with loads of skill. Doesn't typically initiate contact, but will take it to make a play. I've heard Jason Allison comparisons but have never seen him play myself. He put up massive points in Red Deer two years ago but then bombed in Norfolk last year. The knock on him was that he did not want to put in a consistent effort. He doesn't have many points this year but word is his attitude is much better. He has the effort and is doing the little things, but the team has struggled for offense just like him. First line skills, but may fall to second line center due to consistency?
Plus, he has the hands, speed, size and a knack for finding open ice...

Old
12-08-2003, 12:21 AM
Stuy

Yak now has 4 points in 5 games.

Old
12-08-2003, 09:13 AM
who_me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirtzsucks
Yak now has 4 points in 5 games.
And Ruutu has 4 points in 28 games. It should be obvious now that the wrong rookie center was sent to Norfolk at the beginning of this year. In 5 games, Yakubov has shown more poise, vision, and passing skills than Ruutu has all season long. And Yakubov has been far more responsible than Ruutu defensively. So when Zhamnov comes back, unless Ruutu wants to keep playing on the checking line or winger, it would be best for him to go to Norfolk. Vorobiev is there, and when I look at Radulov and Yakubov now, I'm optimistic that when Vorobiev returns to the Hawks he'll be one heck of a player. I only wish that Ruutu would realize that.

Closed Thread