HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 05:03 PM
jackets63

vCash: 500
Lines

Always a popular subject on this board.

OK, hes on the way and hes gonna play. What would you do?

Heres mine:

with everyone healthy:

Sanderson-Cassells-Vyborny
Nash-Marchant-Zherdev (wait, let me explain)
Wright-Malhotra-Letowski
Shelley-Fritche-Pirjeta

ex Knutsen

The way Nash and Marchant are playing right now, anyone could play with them. I dont see how adding a dynamic (even if he is one dimentional) player to the line would do anything but open up even more ice for Nash. That allows Wright-Malhotra-Letowski to be that shutdown line we heard about all through camp but never realized. We havent had a line like that yet and one would sure help. I say Pirjeta is more on the bubble than Knutsen. Knutsen has an excuse for his play whether its playing out of position or being injured. Pirjeta just hasnt put it all together yet and it may end the experiment.

If they want to play Letwoski on the 2nd line still, then my lines look like this:

Sandy-Cass-Vybes
Nash-Marchant-Letowski
Pirjeta-Knutsen-Zherdev
Shelley-Malhotra-Wright

If Zherdev is going to play on the 3rd line, he still needs an offensive guy to feed him. This kid isnt being bred to be a two way player. It would be nice but it aint gonna happen. Be real. Hes going to be a sniper. He needs to start learning how to be a sniper and who (other than Cass) would be better on this team to pass to him than Espen?
Send Fritche back to Jrs for a year and give the 4th line more ice time with the addition of Malhotra and Wright.

Whaddaya think?

Old
12-01-2003, 05:07 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
I dunno, Ozzie's line of Manny-Fritsche-Zherdev has me drooling pretty good. I'd go with:

Sandy-Andy-Vybes
Nash-Marchant-Letowski
Manny-Fritsche-Zherdev
Shelley-Wright-JLGP

One of Espo or Lasse is going to be moved, not to mention finding new homes for Ling and McDonell. I think we'll be seeing a lot of movement in the coming weeks.

Old
12-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

Sanderson - Cassells - Vyborny
Nash - Marchant - Zherdev
Wright - Malholtra - Letowski
Shelley - Knutsen - Pirjeta

Old
12-01-2003, 05:39 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Initially here, I'll stick with DM's claim that he isn't going to put two teens on the same line.

Sandy-Cass-Vybo
Nash-Marchant-Letowski
Wright-Malhotra/Knutsen-Zherdev
Shelley-Fritsche/Malhotra-Pirjeta

One line combo I think I'd like to see is this one...
Sandy-Cass-Zherdev
Nash-Marchant-Vyborny

I don't want the team to overreact due to recent injuries, so I'm not sure about my feelings on a trade. I think guys like Ling and McDonnell are good depth guys and need to stay with the organization.
If a good return can be had though, I'm not going to complain.
Knutsen? He's been beaten to death. I'm not confident with him anymore, but I'm a little curious to see him at center and Zherdev on his wing.
Pirjeta? I'm partial to the guy. I know he hasn't put it together yet, but given his low cost (compared to Espen) and size and potential upside (again compared to Espen), I'd rather keep Lasse. Given these things though, he might have more trade value than Espen.
Fritsche? This one's easy. You can't sit him. If the depth is to a point where he isn't needed, send him back to juniors. It'll be a waste to keep him here.
Just some ramblings on my part...

Old
12-01-2003, 06:18 PM
Matt Foley*

Here's what I would like to see eventually:

Nash - Marchant - Vyborny

Sandy - Cassels - Letowski

Wright - Malholtra - Zherdev

Shelley - Fritsche - Pirjeta

Who's kidding who - the Marchant line has consistently been our top line all year, so they might as well get first line time (thanks for pointing this out in another thread, Samkow). The addition of Vyborny would make it complete, in my opinion.

We definitely could do worse than having a second line centered by Cassels. Letowski would probably be a better fit on the third line, but he'll have to do until a certain young Russian is ready to take on that role.

Speaking of Zherdev, I think he would do well on the third line with Tyler and Manny. This, in my opinion, is the best place for him to learn the NHL style of play without putting too much pressure on him.

Now, if only we could get our regular blueliners healthy and some more reliable goaltending....

Old
12-01-2003, 06:53 PM
beelerfan

How about this:

Nash - Marchant - Vyborny
Sanderson - Cassels - Zherdev
Letowski - Malhotra - Pirjeta
Shelley - Fritsche - Wright

Old
12-01-2003, 07:14 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

I bet we see combos a plenty tomorrow and in the upcoming days, just to see who he plays well with and so on. He needs a defensive center to cover his ass, so Manny has to play with him.

Old
12-02-2003, 01:22 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
Always a popular subject on this board.

OK, hes on the way and hes gonna play. What would you do?

Heres mine:

with everyone healthy:

Sanderson-Cassells-Vyborny
Nash-Marchant-Zherdev (wait, let me explain)
Wright-Malhotra-Letowski
Shelley-Fritche-Pirjeta

ex Knutsen

The way Nash and Marchant are playing right now, anyone could play with them. I dont see how adding a dynamic (even if he is one dimentional) player to the line would do anything but open up even more ice for Nash. That allows Wright-Malhotra-Letowski to be that shutdown line we heard about all through camp but never realized. We havent had a line like that yet and one would sure help. I say Pirjeta is more on the bubble than Knutsen. Knutsen has an excuse for his play whether its playing out of position or being injured. Pirjeta just hasnt put it all together yet and it may end the experiment.

If they want to play Letwoski on the 2nd line still, then my lines look like this:

Sandy-Cass-Vybes
Nash-Marchant-Letowski
Pirjeta-Knutsen-Zherdev
Shelley-Malhotra-Wright

If Zherdev is going to play on the 3rd line, he still needs an offensive guy to feed him. This kid isnt being bred to be a two way player. It would be nice but it aint gonna happen. Be real. Hes going to be a sniper. He needs to start learning how to be a sniper and who (other than Cass) would be better on this team to pass to him than Espen?
Send Fritche back to Jrs for a year and give the 4th line more ice time with the addition of Malhotra and Wright.

Whaddaya think?
According to the Dispatch, these lines are being used tonight.

Nash-Marchant-Letowski
Sanderson-Cassels-Vyborny
Zherdev-Malhotra-Prijeta
Shelley-Wright-Ling

Sydor-Rohloff
Eriksson-Johnson
Walser-Grand Pierrie(*Shudder*)

Old
12-02-2003, 01:34 PM
jackets63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow
According to the Dispatch, these lines are being used tonight.

Nash-Marchant-Letowski
Sanderson-Cassels-Vyborny
Zherdev-Malhotra-Prijeta
Shelley-Wright-Ling

Sydor-Rohloff
Eriksson-Johnson
Walser-Grand Pierrie(*Shudder*)
OK, once and for all. Does anyone know if Zherdev is a RW or LW? I thought that everything at the draft and anything Ive read anywhere have him listed as primarily a RW. A position we need. The Dispatch is the only thing Ive ever read that has him as a LW. Anyone see any basis for this anywhere else?

Old
12-02-2003, 01:39 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
OK, once and for all. Does anyone know if Zherdev is a RW or LW? I thought that everything at the draft and anything Ive read anywhere have him listed as primarily a RW. A position we need. The Dispatch is the only thing Ive ever read that has him as a LW. Anyone see any basis for this anywhere else?
I saw that in the paper as well, and it's the first time I've ever seen him listed at LW. Chalk it up to the "Disgrace".

Old
12-02-2003, 01:43 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:

He can play any Forward Position. Doesnt matter. He will probobly play the Wing in North America.

Old
12-02-2003, 03:30 PM
john g

Ends up he is playing with Malhotra and McDonnell

Old
12-02-2003, 03:47 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Fan