HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2003, 05:03 PM
  #1
jackets63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Lines

Always a popular subject on this board.

OK, hes on the way and hes gonna play. What would you do?

Heres mine:

with everyone healthy:

Sanderson-Cassells-Vyborny
Nash-Marchant-Zherdev (wait, let me explain)
Wright-Malhotra-Letowski
Shelley-Fritche-Pirjeta

ex Knutsen

The way Nash and Marchant are playing right now, anyone could play with them. I dont see how adding a dynamic (even if he is one dimentional) player to the line would do anything but open up even more ice for Nash. That allows Wright-Malhotra-Letowski to be that shutdown line we heard about all through camp but never realized. We havent had a line like that yet and one would sure help. I say Pirjeta is more on the bubble than Knutsen. Knutsen has an excuse for his play whether its playing out of position or being injured. Pirjeta just hasnt put it all together yet and it may end the experiment.

If they want to play Letwoski on the 2nd line still, then my lines look like this:

Sandy-Cass-Vybes
Nash-Marchant-Letowski
Pirjeta-Knutsen-Zherdev
Shelley-Malhotra-Wright

If Zherdev is going to play on the 3rd line, he still needs an offensive guy to feed him. This kid isnt being bred to be a two way player. It would be nice but it aint gonna happen. Be real. Hes going to be a sniper. He needs to start learning how to be a sniper and who (other than Cass) would be better on this team to pass to him than Espen?
Send Fritche back to Jrs for a year and give the 4th line more ice time with the addition of Malhotra and Wright.

Whaddaya think?

jackets63 is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 05:07 PM
  #2
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Beyond the Infinite
Country: Wales
Posts: 13,745
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
I dunno, Ozzie's line of Manny-Fritsche-Zherdev has me drooling pretty good. I'd go with:

Sandy-Andy-Vybes
Nash-Marchant-Letowski
Manny-Fritsche-Zherdev
Shelley-Wright-JLGP


One of Espo or Lasse is going to be moved, not to mention finding new homes for Ling and McDonell. I think we'll be seeing a lot of movement in the coming weeks.

DJAnimosity is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 05:12 PM
  #3
Vincent Vega
GGTK
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,923
vCash: 500
Sanderson - Cassells - Vyborny
Nash - Marchant - Zherdev
Wright - Malholtra - Letowski
Shelley - Knutsen - Pirjeta

Vincent Vega is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 05:39 PM
  #4
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,330
vCash: 500
Initially here, I'll stick with DM's claim that he isn't going to put two teens on the same line.

Sandy-Cass-Vybo
Nash-Marchant-Letowski
Wright-Malhotra/Knutsen-Zherdev
Shelley-Fritsche/Malhotra-Pirjeta

One line combo I think I'd like to see is this one...
Sandy-Cass-Zherdev
Nash-Marchant-Vyborny

I don't want the team to overreact due to recent injuries, so I'm not sure about my feelings on a trade. I think guys like Ling and McDonnell are good depth guys and need to stay with the organization.
If a good return can be had though, I'm not going to complain.
Knutsen? He's been beaten to death. I'm not confident with him anymore, but I'm a little curious to see him at center and Zherdev on his wing.
Pirjeta? I'm partial to the guy. I know he hasn't put it together yet, but given his low cost (compared to Espen) and size and potential upside (again compared to Espen), I'd rather keep Lasse. Given these things though, he might have more trade value than Espen.
Fritsche? This one's easy. You can't sit him. If the depth is to a point where he isn't needed, send him back to juniors. It'll be a waste to keep him here.
Just some ramblings on my part...

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 06:18 PM
  #5
Matt Foley*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: you do... so well!
Country: United States
Posts: 3,912
vCash: 500
Here's what I would like to see eventually:

Nash - Marchant - Vyborny

Sandy - Cassels - Letowski

Wright - Malholtra - Zherdev

Shelley - Fritsche - Pirjeta

Who's kidding who - the Marchant line has consistently been our top line all year, so they might as well get first line time (thanks for pointing this out in another thread, Samkow). The addition of Vyborny would make it complete, in my opinion.

We definitely could do worse than having a second line centered by Cassels. Letowski would probably be a better fit on the third line, but he'll have to do until a certain young Russian is ready to take on that role.

Speaking of Zherdev, I think he would do well on the third line with Tyler and Manny. This, in my opinion, is the best place for him to learn the NHL style of play without putting too much pressure on him.

Now, if only we could get our regular blueliners healthy and some more reliable goaltending....

Matt Foley* is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 06:53 PM
  #6
beelerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
How about this:

Nash - Marchant - Vyborny
Sanderson - Cassels - Zherdev
Letowski - Malhotra - Pirjeta
Shelley - Fritsche - Wright

beelerfan is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 07:14 PM
  #7
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: IR with CBJ
Country: Qatar
Posts: 10,971
vCash: 500
I bet we see combos a plenty tomorrow and in the upcoming days, just to see who he plays well with and so on. He needs a defensive center to cover his ass, so Manny has to play with him.

Jovavic is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 01:22 PM
  #8
Samkow
Global Moderator
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 14,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
Always a popular subject on this board.

OK, hes on the way and hes gonna play. What would you do?

Heres mine:

with everyone healthy:

Sanderson-Cassells-Vyborny
Nash-Marchant-Zherdev (wait, let me explain)
Wright-Malhotra-Letowski
Shelley-Fritche-Pirjeta

ex Knutsen

The way Nash and Marchant are playing right now, anyone could play with them. I dont see how adding a dynamic (even if he is one dimentional) player to the line would do anything but open up even more ice for Nash. That allows Wright-Malhotra-Letowski to be that shutdown line we heard about all through camp but never realized. We havent had a line like that yet and one would sure help. I say Pirjeta is more on the bubble than Knutsen. Knutsen has an excuse for his play whether its playing out of position or being injured. Pirjeta just hasnt put it all together yet and it may end the experiment.

If they want to play Letwoski on the 2nd line still, then my lines look like this:

Sandy-Cass-Vybes
Nash-Marchant-Letowski
Pirjeta-Knutsen-Zherdev
Shelley-Malhotra-Wright

If Zherdev is going to play on the 3rd line, he still needs an offensive guy to feed him. This kid isnt being bred to be a two way player. It would be nice but it aint gonna happen. Be real. Hes going to be a sniper. He needs to start learning how to be a sniper and who (other than Cass) would be better on this team to pass to him than Espen?
Send Fritche back to Jrs for a year and give the 4th line more ice time with the addition of Malhotra and Wright.

Whaddaya think?
According to the Dispatch, these lines are being used tonight.

Nash-Marchant-Letowski
Sanderson-Cassels-Vyborny
Zherdev-Malhotra-Prijeta
Shelley-Wright-Ling

Sydor-Rohloff
Eriksson-Johnson
Walser-Grand Pierrie(*Shudder*)

Samkow is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 01:34 PM
  #9
jackets63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow
According to the Dispatch, these lines are being used tonight.

Nash-Marchant-Letowski
Sanderson-Cassels-Vyborny
Zherdev-Malhotra-Prijeta
Shelley-Wright-Ling

Sydor-Rohloff
Eriksson-Johnson
Walser-Grand Pierrie(*Shudder*)
OK, once and for all. Does anyone know if Zherdev is a RW or LW? I thought that everything at the draft and anything Ive read anywhere have him listed as primarily a RW. A position we need. The Dispatch is the only thing Ive ever read that has him as a LW. Anyone see any basis for this anywhere else?

jackets63 is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 01:39 PM
  #10
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express
 
JF Omalycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
OK, once and for all. Does anyone know if Zherdev is a RW or LW? I thought that everything at the draft and anything Ive read anywhere have him listed as primarily a RW. A position we need. The Dispatch is the only thing Ive ever read that has him as a LW. Anyone see any basis for this anywhere else?
I saw that in the paper as well, and it's the first time I've ever seen him listed at LW. Chalk it up to the "Disgrace".

JF Omalycat is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 01:43 PM
  #11
Samkow
Global Moderator
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 14,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
OK, once and for all. Does anyone know if Zherdev is a RW or LW? I thought that everything at the draft and anything Ive read anywhere have him listed as primarily a RW. A position we need. The Dispatch is the only thing Ive ever read that has him as a LW. Anyone see any basis for this anywhere else?

He can play any Forward Position. Doesnt matter. He will probobly play the Wing in North America.

Samkow is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 03:30 PM
  #12
john g
Registered User
 
john g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Korbi
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 500
Ends up he is playing with Malhotra and McDonnell

john g is online now  
Old
12-02-2003, 03:47 PM
  #13
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express
 
JF Omalycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Fan
Ends up he is playing with Malhotra and McDonnell
At left wing. I stand corrected. My apologies to the "Disgrace". :p

JF Omalycat is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.