HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Panthers Release Bednar

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 04:09 PM
sting_fan

vCash: 500
Panthers Release Bednar

Link

Was never given a shot with the Panthers.

Old
12-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting_fan
Link

Was never given a shot with the Panthers.
For any team looking for some offence, Bednar could be a useful player. A little soft, classic European player but he has some talent there. Could be a nice option for some teams. Thinking specifically of the Flames, and a few other teams.

Old
12-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
For any team looking for some offence, Bednar could be a useful player. A little soft, classic European player but he has some talent there. Could be a nice option for some teams. Thinking specifically of the Flames, and a few other teams.
Bednar is not an NHLer... he takes off half the shifts he's on the ice for. He was traded for waht amounted to a 7th round pick and obviously, FLA couldn't even trade him for that much, so they released him.

My guess is he'll wind up back in Europe where he can be lazy and get away with it.

Old
12-01-2003, 08:58 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
Bednar is not an NHLer... he takes off half the shifts he's on the ice for. He was traded for waht amounted to a 7th round pick and obviously, FLA couldn't even trade him for that much, so they released him.

My guess is he'll wind up back in Europe where he can be lazy and get away with it.
Not true...Bednar is far from lazy, he works along the boards and throws some decent checks. His hands are extremely soft, has great vision and is pretty quick. He'd be a nice pick up for anyone looking for some offense. He was never given a fair shot to produce here. It's a shame too, especially after Dudley promised he would.

Shvidki is probably next...good job, Dudley

Old
12-01-2003, 10:39 PM
speeds

EDM would seem to be a poor fit, but I remember reading at the time of that draft that EDM was interested in Bednar and Pilar as overagers (I think in quotes directly from Prendergast, but maybet aht was only about Pilar, or maybe I'm just imagining it altogether?).

I guess what I'm saying is I could see EDM kicking tires there, if they still have the interest they once did.

Old
12-02-2003, 04:39 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
EDM would seem to be a poor fit, but I remember reading at the time of that draft that EDM was interested in Bednar and Pilar as overagers (I think in quotes directly from Prendergast, but maybet aht was only about Pilar, or maybe I'm just imagining it altogether?).

I guess what I'm saying is I could see EDM kicking tires there, if they still have the interest they once did.
I think the Oilers (most notably, the Roadrunners) would be very interested in his services. That team could use some help.

Old
12-02-2003, 04:58 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I am guessing the Penguins will most likely call up Kris Beech now that Rico Fata is out, but I figure they could use Bednar.
Bednar could play all forward positions (least he did in Europe), and his contract is very affordable.

Old
12-02-2003, 10:47 AM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash

#1 - He was drafted so obviously he has some talent
#2 - He's been able to play a decent amount of games in the NHL so he must have some ability there.

There is nothing much a team can do if Bednar doesn't want to come to play every shift, but saying he is not an NHLer simply because of that fact is just wrong. He has nice offensive abilities and knows how to play the game. If he gets in a decent situation, he could be effective.

Old
12-02-2003, 10:50 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

You know Doug Risebrough's ears just perked up Too bad Minnesota is already overloaded at forward.

Pittsburgh and Calgary appear to be the best fits.

Old
12-02-2003, 07:26 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

wats up with this guy...he never gets a chance to play....does his D suck tat bad....i mean...when he was on the kings, his offensive skills were so obvious....every time he got the puck he would make something happen...but for some reason it seemed like he'll score a nice goal...then get benched the next 7 games...hopefully someone picks him up and lets him play every day...he can make things happen

Old
12-02-2003, 08:29 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
I am guessing the Penguins will most likely call up Kris Beech now that Rico Fata is out, but I figure they could use Bednar.
Bednar could play all forward positions (least he did in Europe), and his contract is very affordable.
Beech and Murley were re-called by the Penguins today.

Scratch the Penguins off the candidates

Closed Thread