HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger changes!

Old
12-28-2006, 10:26 AM
natureboy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderjake View Post
Dubinsky hasn't proven himself at the AHL level yet. Immonen is not the playmaker we need with Shanahan.
Jason Allison fits the spot for a few years at least.
face it this organization needs a new GM and scouts. Our draft picks and prospects are all overrated and those trades at the deadline a few years ago brought back ZIPPO.

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 10:43 AM
traderjake*

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
face it this organization needs a new GM and scouts. Our draft picks and prospects are all overrated and those trades at the deadline a few years ago brought back ZIPPO.
I agree but we need to address the 2nd line issue and Allison is a good fit potentially for cash only.

Old
12-28-2006, 04:56 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
The "ideal" scenario in my opinion would look something like this - provided everyone is healthy and motivated (and fired up - can Tom Renney accomplish this?)

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Prucha - New Center - Shanahan
Cullen - Immmonen - Ibister/Callahan/Dawes/Hall/Ward/Hossa
Ortmeyer - Hollweg - Betts

Extra - An Orr replacement that can skate

Roszival - Ward
Tyutin - Playmaking defenseman
One defensive Defenseman - Kasparitis
7th Pock

Needed -
One 2nd line Center
One tough forward that can skate
One playmaking Defenseman
One defensive Defenseman

I know all this probably sounds very self-evident (probably stupid too) -
This is going to be very difficult to get with the salary cap in effect, during midseason and with what the Rangers have as trade bait at the moment.

I think Prucha should be kept on the team - but used. Patience, patience...

Trade bait alt fighting for a slot on bottom 2 lines:
Hossa
Ward
Orr
Ibister
ev Cullen
Malik
Goalie
Draft pick

- A New Playmaking 2nd Line Center - Is going to be damn near impossible to trade for at the moment. So maybe then - take a chance on signing Allison. Please Slat - stay away from P Nedved. You would have to use a nr 2 draft pick + maybe Cullen (or Prucha which is stupid to do) to get this kind of player, now at least. It might work.
Say Cullen (3.100.000) & Ward + 3rd round pick(650.000)for Ladislav Nagy (3.000.000) out in Phoenix? That would leave an extra slot on the 3rd line - but there are plenty of candidates (ie younger talent) able & willing to take that slot. The cap diff is 750.000 USD in favor of NYR. There are millions of trade rumors surrounding this guy as he is UFA and in this fashion he could bring in new exciting (maybe temporary) talent to a second line looking like Prucha - Nagy - Shannahan (which looks good in my eyes). What does Wayne have in mind?

One tough forward that can skate - IMO either Scott Parker San José (575.000 USD) or Ric Jackman Fla (800.000 USD) would be good additions. Both are UFA:s at the end of the year. What about Orr (495.000 USD) and Hall (975.000) for Parker or Jackman and a draft choice? The Rangers would gain between 600.000 - 800.000 USD in cap space if they could pull this off. They can maybe convince someone that Orr will be a great fighter one day

One playmaking Defenseman
To send M Hossa off to Atlanta so he can play with his brother would be a dream I suppose many on this messageboard approve of. Maybe they would enjoy it in Hotlanta as well - brotherhood is usually good for the spirit (he would probably become a 40-goal scorer in Georgia ). Vitali Vishnevski, Greg De Vries, Andy Sutton are all very good defensemen that are UFA:s next season. The Thrashers however probably believe themselves to be contenders this year - so it is extremely doubtful they would part with any of these key players midseason. But let us speculate - Hossa + Malik + a draft pick for one of these three (maybe preferabely Vishnevski). Cap difference is NYR favour 3,100.000 USD to 2.052

Daniel Tjarnquist on Minnesota is also an UFA. A little weak he is maybe - but a bit of a playmaker he is as well. The same sum offered to the Wild (- draft pick/Hossa) for him is an alternative too.

That leaves the defensive defenceman. I would try to get a Canadian born player (hard to find though) if possible to add that necessary edge. I however know that Anders Lilja - who has been playing this role well on The Red Wings but has seen limited ice-time lately (and wants a trade himself) - is avaiable to a good price. So go Rachunek and a minor leaguer for him. Frees space and I think it would be a better team.

So now the Rangers would look like (in my so called "Dream Scenario") -

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Prucha - Nagy/Allister - Shanahan
Jackman - Immmonen - Callahan
Ortmeyer - Hollweg - Betts

Last slot:
Ibister
Dawes
Moore
Dubinsky
Jessiman

Defense -
Roszival - Ward
V Vishnevski - Kasparitis
Tyutin - A Lilja (or D Tjärnquist)
7th T Pock

In the wings:
Baranka
Cullimore
Staal

Maybe not Stanley cup contenders with this squad - but definitely an interesting team that should not get swept in 4 games. Any thoughts (although I know some of these trades are a bit too optimistic...)?

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 05:22 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderjake* View Post
Who's better?
This line has 135 points combined.
Give me names.
Dany Heatley Jason Spezza Daniel Alfredsson
Ilya Kovalchuk Slava Kozlov Marian Hossa