HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So I ordered a new jersey last night ...

Old
12-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
So I ordered a new jersey last night ...

Shea Weber White #6 XL ...

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 10:53 AM
PredDave

congrats. speaking of jerseys, is there any truth to the rumblings that our #3 jersey (mustard, grey poupon) is being retired next year? I really hope not because I like it....

good, safe choice with the white one though... I have always been too "ascared" to put a name on the back of one of my jerseys (afraid of a player slump / jinx or a trade)

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post
congrats. speaking of jerseys, is there any truth to the rumblings that our #3 jersey (mustard, grey poupon) is being retired next year? I really hope not because I like it....

good, safe choice with the white one though... I have always been too "ascared" to put a name on the back of one of my jerseys (afraid of a player slump / jinx or a trade)
by supporting the players, you support the team? I'm gonna be getting me a jersey a year for the next however many years ... next year it'll probably be Hamhuis' or maybe Radulov's name on the back of my new jersey

Old
12-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Jarnberg

I too am afraid of usually getting a jersey with a player's name on it in fear that I'll jinx them into trading that player (even if we probably wouldn't trade them..). But I like jerseys with names and numbers much better.

My next jersey will probably be a Radulov jersey, although I want to make sure he keeps his number.

I love the new t-shirts with the logo on the front and the player's names and numbers on the back. Good way to show support for the team and a player.

I was trying to grab the Sullivan one for a Christmas gift but they were all sold out, so I opted for a Vokoun one. They also have a Radulov shirt too (also sold out).

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post
Yes, all of the third jerseys in the NHL will be eliminated next season due to the change over to the "form-fitting" jerseys. They might eventually begin to reintroduce third jerseys, but right out of the gate they will only have home and away designs to wear.

The new look jerseys are scheduled to be released to the teams and merchandise staff in a couple of weeks during All-Star weekend.

According to the staff I have talked to at the Predators Pro Shop...they will no longer be making the current style of jerseys after this season. They will all be the more streamlined "form-fitting" jerseys like we see at the WJC's and the Olympics.

Personally, I will be buying at least one or two jerseys this season. Probably both in the third jersey (alternate) style. One will definitely be Weber, but I haven't decided on the second...maybe Radulov...if we can pin him down on a number.

BTW, look for more of the t-shirt style jerseys in the future. They are a huge seller in baseball and with the change in jersey styles and also just the pure economical factor ($20 as opposed to $100) they are going to be prominently featured across the league as the season progresses and well into the future.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by csstranger View Post
I love the new t-shirts with the logo on the front and the player's names and numbers on the back. Good way to show support for the team and a player.

I was trying to grab the Sullivan one for a Christmas gift but they were all sold out, so I opted for a Vokoun one. They also have a Radulov shirt too (also sold out).
I saw Radulov shirts at a couple of the merchandise stands around the concourse last night. Didn't actually ask if they were available, but they were being shown as available.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Bad Karma

They do have the Rads for sale shirts I picked one up after the Preds/Kings game.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Jarnberg

I'm all for the new technologies with the jerseys if it helps the game at all. Not that I'm unhappy with the current uniform styles (in fact I love the NHL jerseys, easily the best in sports imo).

However, I really hope the NHL doesn't drop the ball and make all the jerseys look the same except for the logo and colors. I want the jerseys to have the same unique parts. If they turnout to be like practice jerseys, I won't be happy.

Old
12-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I saw Radulov shirts at a couple of the merchandise stands around the concourse last night. Didn't actually ask if they were available, but they were being shown as available.
Yeah I was referring to when I went shopping at the Tennessee Sports fan before Christmas. They had a good assortment of shirts but Sullivan and Radulov were sold out. I like the fact that they already had a Radulov shirt out.

They actually had a good amount of shirts and jerseys. I was surprised because I remember in the past having to do a Waldo search for Predators Merchandise amidst the sea of Tennessee Orange and Titan Blue.

Old
12-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Yes, all of the third jerseys in the NHL will be eliminated next season due to the change over to the "form-fitting" jerseys. They might eventually begin to reintroduce third jerseys, but right out of the gate they will only have home and away designs to wear.

The new look jerseys are scheduled to be released to the teams and merchandise staff in a couple of weeks during All-Star weekend.

According to the staff I have talked to at the Predators Pro Shop...they will no longer be making the current style of jerseys after this season. They will all be the more streamlined "form-fitting" jerseys like we see at the WJC's and the Olympics.

Personally, I will be buying at least one or two jerseys this season. Probably both in the third jersey (alternate) style. One will definitely be Weber, but I haven't decided on the second...maybe Radulov...if we can pin him down on a number.

BTW, look for more of the t-shirt style jerseys in the future. They are a huge seller in baseball and with the change in jersey styles and also just the pure economical factor ($20 as opposed to $100) they are going to be prominently featured across the league as the season progresses and well into the future.
If more players complain about how other team players would be able to see injuries through the new form fitting jerseys like the Sharks players were complaining about ... then I seriously doubt the league would go through with the new jerseys

Old
12-28-2006, 04:03 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I have a Sullivan t-shirt. My mom has a Kariya one. We bought ours at the last playoff game in April. I really like these.

I wanted a Weber one for Christmas. I saw one at SportSeasons the day after Thanksgiving, but I thought I would go back and get it (or that someone would buy it for me). But I never did. And I KNOW I saw the shirt one night after a game at one of the mini-shops in the concourse. But when I went back to find them at the Buffalo game, none of the stands or main shop had them. And I have a Legwand jersey so I didn't want the same thing, so I got a Tootoo t-shirt instead. They had pretty much every player except Weber. They did have plenty of Radulov shirts that looked to be selling very well.

Also, I noticed that the Sullivan, Kariya, Arnott, Vokoun t-shirts are kind of embroidered but the rest of the team shirts are like a screen print.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 10:22 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
If more players complain about how other team players would be able to see injuries through the new form fitting jerseys like the Sharks players were complaining about ... then I seriously doubt the league would go through with the new jerseys
I didn't hear about this. What's the story??

hipcheck85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck85 View Post
I didn't hear about this. What's the story??
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/16287570.htm

Quote:
• The unis enhance performance and protection. ``These are to add protection?'' Jonathan Cheechoo said. To him, any gain from the pads being held in place more securely pales in comparison to the loss of privacy. A skin-tight uniform is basically an MRI exam for opponents as to where a player is unpadded -- or, if he's extra-padded, where he's protecting an injury. Those sweaters hide a lot, especially in the playoffs.

Old
12-29-2006, 09:10 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 6000
I bought a jersey off of Ebay, I ripped it out of the box and to my suprise it was personalized: Dunham.

I dont mind, but I get alot of grief for it sometimes.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 02:35 PM
braindead

As Monty Python would say, always look on the bright side of life.......... it could have had "A*ny *elmore" on the back.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote