HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How many losses until something is done?

Old
12-28-2006, 03:54 PM
dave4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdslocum View Post
Correct, Renney is doing a great job with the talent he has been given. Let's see any of the available coaches get Jagr to hustle on a line change or backcheck.
While I agree Renney is not working with Stanley Cup champion level talent, he's not getting the most out of what he has. Look at Tom Poti's play the other night for the Islanders. He played hard, was physical with our best player, and didn't brain freeze at all. Renney could never figure out how to get Poti to play like that.

Peter Prucha will be a goal scorer again someday, but not here, not with the way Renney has been handling him. Darius Kasparaitus wouldn't be allowed to play the way he has for a good coach. Marek Malik wouldn't be allowed to constantly take lazy hooking and holding penalties for a good coach.

With about three minutes left in the third period of the Islander game at MSG last week, we're down one, Roszival goes back to touch up on an icing with no Islander in pursuit, AND HE SLOWS DOWN AND TAKES HIS TIME!!! He wasted valuable seconds that we could never get back, and the play just looked lazy. A good coach would have ripped him a new a-hole, but Renney stood there and scratched his head.

Renney is NOT doing a great job.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
They should seriously consider removing Prucha from the second line. At only 6 goals and -11, he is not doing much there. Hall can do better with Shanahan and Cullen. They need to stabilize the second line. With Malik out, the defense is awful.
I hope he comes back soon. Kaspraitis is barely playing and Pock is no NHL defenseman. Call up Baranka. He can do well with Rachunek.
I think Pock has played pretty well, I would much rather him back there than Rachunek.

What's everyone elses take on Pock? I see he'll make the occassional mistake, but i think he looks pretty good.

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 04:25 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
They should seriously consider removing Prucha from the second line. At only 6 goals and -11, he is not doing much there. Hall can do better with Shanahan and Cullen. They need to stabilize the second line. With Malik out, the defense is awful.
Right after Hall learns how to ice skate we will make the switch.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 04:31 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22 View Post
I think Pock has played pretty well, I would much rather him back there than Rachunek.

What's everyone elses take on Pock? I see he'll make the occassional mistake, but i think he looks pretty good.
Honestly both Rachunek and Pock are UFA's at years end correct? We should sign one of them, preferably Pock due to the cap hit being lower, but he seems as if he wants out of town.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22 View Post

Pck seems to be playing better (he clearly was rusty the first couple of games back in the lineup), but I just don't think he has the best instincts for a defenseman. He can hold his own in the defensive zone and can make decent passes and has a solid shot, but I think he's already pretty much reached his potential. He's a 3rd pairing defenseman at best in the NHL. I don't expect him back next year and frankly don't have a problem with letting him go.

Someone mentioned keeping him over Rachuncek? To me it's a no-brainer, Rachuncek is the better player and seems to be getting better--which is probably a combination of not playing with Ozolinsh anymore and getting more comfortable with the North American game. If I had to choose one of them to re-sign, it would definitely be Rachuncek, he has more talent and given the right partner would probably be a solid 2nd pair defenseman for the next several years. But, I'd prefer to wait and see how the rest of the season plays out before being forced to make the decision on re-signing him.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Fletch

Rachunek's been fine, although...

as a third pair defenseman, can you get similar result from someon cheaper?

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 10:57 PM
Y2derock

Am I the only one who thinks that we should bring Marcel Hossa up to the first line with Jagr and Nylander? Its so obvious; he's got size, skill, and hands. We also need a solid/tough d-man who is NHL ready and the only way we can get one is to trade away all our youth. We should defintly trade Staal and Tyutin for D. Considering Lundqvist straight up sucks, we need to get a solid goalie too. Package Lundqvist and a 1st for Ed Belfour? maybe throw in Prucha

Y2derock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 11:06 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2derock View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that we should bring Marcel Hossa up to the first line with Jagr and Nylander? Its so obvious; he's got size, skill, and hands. We also need a solid/tough d-man who is NHL ready and the only way we can get one is to trade away all our youth. We should defintly trade Staal and Tyutin for D. Considering Lundqvist straight up sucks, we need to get a solid goalie too. Package Lundqvist and a 1st for Ed Belfour? maybe throw in Prucha
Thats a joke right? Because Lundqvist has been the reason why the Rangers have edged out some wins in close games and kept the team in the games where they should be getting blown out. He has not been as good as he was last season, but not bad enough to warrent a trade. But I take your statement as extreme sarcasim so whatever lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Scotty Hockey

Quote:

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 11:30 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
I think Sather's patience holds up til the all star break

jeez i hope not! this team needs a lift big time! tired of this crap we seem to stick with season after season! make a move schmuckler maybe sather will realize the team he has constucted wll never reach the playoffs with scrubbs we have on this team!!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 11:51 PM
GOMEZ+DRURY*

20 games until something is done

GOMEZ+DRURY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 11:52 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35 View Post
jeez i hope not! this team needs a lift big time! tired of this crap we seem to stick with season after season! make a move schmuckler maybe sather will realize the team he has constucted wll never reach the playoffs with scrubbs we have on this team!!
Mah' man, Sickboy. How have you been? Haven't seen you around these parts lately.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 05:40 AM
Chimp

Quote:
That must have been the most repulsive post I've seen in years, even if it's considered a joke. I think I have to go and throw up.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Pock sucks!! Please tell me one thing he has done to be kept other then the other 6 guys suck more? He is a turnover machine and when is the last time he hit the net/

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 12:34 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Pock sucks!! Please tell me one thing he has done to be kept other then the other 6 guys suck more? He is a turnover machine and when is the last time he hit the net/
or more accurately IMO, when is the last time he hit the net with a low shot that could yield a good rebound?

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 12:37 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I do wonder if you could put 'anyone' behind the bench. Prior to this job, what was Renney's coaching experience and success? I said it once and I'll say it again, if Low had the league's leading scorer and a top 5 goaltender, he would've made the playoffs the year in which he created the FLY line. They were close with a far-from-perfect Lindros who showed up for 1/3 of the season.
if low was using the same team defense that he did under us, then it's a huge, HUGE assumption that lundqvist is a top 5 goalie. i honestly believe low's defensive strategy was indeed that much worse than renney's.

Old
12-30-2006, 12:39 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Ok....anyone. Want Ron Low back? How about Trottier? Want Slats back behind the bench?

You can't hire "anyone". Any coach you get you better be sure he's better than Renney. And that will not be an easy find.
i don't know how realistic it'd be but...is anyone up for pat quinn?