HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So I listened to the Ottawa Broadcast Tonight...

Old
12-27-2006, 11:01 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
So I listened to the Ottawa Broadcast Tonight...

on Sirius and the post game included the Sens announcers/ color guy disscussing the game plan against the Rangers....

Have the A-Train play Jagr just like Witt. Infact they made several references to physically nullifying Jaromir Jagr....

seems the word is out that our team is SOFT

12-27-2006, 11:22 PM
HenrikO'doyle

If I was a coach id play like that as well. Hit Jagr, hit all Rangers players, they dont like physical contact and nothing will be done to prevent liberties from being taken out on the Rangers.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 11:41 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Just tell the other team...

hit em hard...hit em clean...Hollweg is their enforcer

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 11:48 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Wait a second......am I ******** or the last time we played them they came out as hard as any team could (probably the most physical any team has played against us this season) and we countered their physical play with our own physical play and we won the game?

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 11:53 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Wait a second......am I ******** or the last time we played them they came out as hard as any team could (probably the most physical any team has played against us this season) and we countered their physical play with our own physical play and we won the game?
Uh...not as hard as any team could or as physical as any one. Isles played more physical...when the Devs have had Janssen they have played more physical. Buffalo has. Sens did too though...and we did manage to respond a bit...but they definitley outphysicalled us...we won on the scoreboard though

Old
12-28-2006, 12:04 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Uh...not as hard as any team could or as physical as any one. Isles played more physical...when the Devs have had Janssen they have played more physical. Buffalo has. Sens did too though...and we did manage to respond a bit...but they definitley outphysicalled us...we won on the scoreboard though

Umm....yea..i was talking about the Sens.

And isnt winning the scoreboard the whole point of hockey? It isnt what no offensive players like Janssen can throw the most hits in the game...

Old
12-28-2006, 12:14 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

The Sens did come out hitting hard last meeting. Especially Chris Neil...impressive....anyways

It just irked me to listen to another random brodcast and have the color guy going on an on how Witt manhandled Jagr all night with no one there to make him pay, and how the Sens will just make the A TRAIN manhandling Jagr the gameplan. There was no hint that the Rangers would do anything to prevent this, as if THAT OPTION is just a non factor from the New York Rangers

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 12:34 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Umm....yea..i was talking about the Sens.

And isnt winning the scoreboard the whole point of hockey? It isnt what no offensive players like Janssen can throw the most hits in the game...
Yes but you said we responded physically...not exactly

Old
12-28-2006, 12:36 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Yes but you said we responded physically...not exactly

Well I thought we did..maybe not with huge bone crunching hits like Neil can deliver..but some of the non-hitters threw some hits and the regular hitters threw a few more then usual. We ended up with 28 hits to their 32 hits (our 28 is much more then a average game)

Point is...we responded enough to show them that their physical play would not intimidate us...and it didnt as we won the game 3-1.

Old
12-28-2006, 12:41 AM
HenrikO'doyle

However I dont remember anyone on that team gunning for Jagr, now they see they have a green light and they can. They played physical last time but this time I can see them stepping it up and going after us left and right.

Last edited by HenrikO'doyle: 12-28-2006 at 12:47 AM.
HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:15 AM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
However I dont remember anyone on that team gunning for Jagr, now they see they have a green light and they can. They played physical last time but this time I can see them stepping it up and going after us left and right.
They will take every available shot at Jagr but that is no different than their gameplan last time.

If you remember, Nylander was railroaded as well as Rozsival. Hell, that entire game was a Chris Neil highlight reel.

Jagr will be hit, but he can be very elusive and he's very strong on his skates. Physical play in his direction is nothing new. He's been a superstar in this league for over a decade. He'll play through.

Now the ability of Matt Cullen and Co. to play through physical play is a whole different matter.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:24 AM
funky

Need toughness

Trade Ozo and Sanguinetti to the Kings for Norstrom and Pushkarev.

Rangers gain Leadership, Stability, Physical 2nd pairing defensive dman, and dump Ozo's stupid contract but take on Matty's at a bit higher. Gain a mentor for Staal who relly has no one to show him by example. Also recieve a talented prospect who needs help away from the puck.

Kings gain a great prospect in an area they are weak at the cost of their Captian and an anchor contract that will go off the books when the team becomes competative

Kinda a mini version of the Kings Canes deal earlier this year

funky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:37 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

I tend to do this every now and then...so why not here before I head off to bed...some names who would fit in great...even though some are not acquirable:

Brendan Witt, Aaron Asham, Shawn Thornton, Travis Moen, Shane O'Brien, Andy Sutton, JP Vigier, Adam Mair, Paul Gaustad, Andrew Alberts, Craig Adams, Mike Commodore, Tim Gleason, Ian Laperierre, Bryan Prust, Rick Rypien, Jim Vandermeer, Mathew Barnaby, Chris Simon, Trent Hunter, Sean Hill, Raffi Torres, Matt Greene, Jason Smith, Steve Montador, Scott Thornton, Georges Laraque, Sean Avery, Jeff Cowan, Jordan Tootoo, Scott Nichol, Shea Weber, Cam Janssen, Ben Eager, Todd Fedoruk, Colin White, David Hale, Brooks Orpik, Ronald Petrovicky, Derek Morris, Nick Boynton, Darcy Tucker, Nolan Pratt, Kevin Bieska, Brian Sutherby, John Erskine, Chris Neil, Brian McGrattan, Anton Volchenkov...

sorry...felt the need

Old
12-28-2006, 01:44 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
I tend to do this every now and then...so why not here before I head off to bed...some names who would fit in great...even though some are not acquirable:

Brendan Witt, Aaron Asham, Shawn Thornton, Travis Moen, Shane O'Brien, Andy Sutton, JP Vigier, Adam Mair, Paul Gaustad, Andrew Alberts, Craig Adams, Mike Commodore, Tim Gleason, Ian Laperierre, Bryan Prust, Rick Rypien, Jim Vandermeer, Mathew Barnaby, Chris Simon, Trent Hunter, Sean Hill, Raffi Torres, Matt Greene, Jason Smith, Steve Montador, Scott Thornton, Georges Laraque, Sean Avery, Jeff Cowan, Jordan Tootoo, Scott Nichol, Shea Weber, Cam Janssen, Ben Eager, Todd Fedoruk, Colin White, David Hale, Brooks Orpik, Ronald Petrovicky, Derek Morris, Nick Boynton, Darcy Tucker, Nolan Pratt, Kevin Bieska, Brian Sutherby, John Erskine, Chris Neil, Brian McGrattan, Anton Volchenkov...

sorry...felt the need
Chris Neil....yea!

Cam Janssen.... can NEVER wear a Rangers jersey

Darcy Tucker... yea!

Anton Volchenkov...yea.....and yea again for good measure!

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:50 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Chris Neil....yea!

Darcy Tucker... yea!

I would trade Tom Renneys unborn child for Anton Volchenkov in a Rangers Jersey.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:55 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:

sorry...felt the need
u forgot Kevyn Adams, Alex Burrows, Taylor Pyatt, Matt Cooke, Steve Toffelson, Tyson Nash, Ben Ondurs, Brad Winchester, Alex Svitov, Josh Gratton, Darryl Bootland, Mark Bell, Steve Ott, Cody McCormick, Jamal Mayers, Matt Walker, Barrett Jackman, Rob Davison, Tom Kostopolus, Garth Murray, Ethan Moreau, Cory Sarich, Nolan Pratt, Robyn Regher

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 03:24 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Need toughness

Trade Ozo and Sanguinetti to the Kings for Norstrom and Pushkarev.
You would be lynched if you suggested that on the Kings boards.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 05:45 AM
pld459666

I'm not surprised by the comment. In fact if I was an advance scout I'd be saying the same thing.

The Rangers are a soft team and if you forcheck the defence and hit them often, you will get turnovers.

FLY - Did we play really well in the game against the Senators when they came out hitting? Yes we did, but a broken clock is right at least 2 times a day. The fact of the matter is that this team is very soft and the physical teams that key on the Jagr line will nullify them and pretty much put us in a situation where we have to rely on the rest of the team for scoring and we all know how successful we've been there

Currently constructed, if we managed a playoff spot, it's another 4 and out because that is where the physical play heats up. If this team can't win during the regular season on a regular basis while being pushed around, then there's no reason at all to think we can survive in the playoffs

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 05:48 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Chris Neil....yea!

Darcy Tucker... yea!

Cam can play on my Rangers team any day of the week.

He knows his role is to go out and pound and pound and pound and he does that with reckless abandon.

Then on top of that he's a pretty solid fighter. He beats all of the middle weights and more than half the heavies. He's definately a player I would love to get and a player the Rangers fans would adore the same way they adored Langdon

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I would think by now the Rangers as a team know what they are or arent, they have to know that they arent the most physical team out there and while there are a couple of guys who can throw the body around, they know i'm sure that Ottawa has a much more physical presence. That being said I dont know what will happen tomorrow with Ott, i'm sure they will play physically and take it to the Rangers much like they did a few weeks back. Its up to the Rangers to battle through the physical play and play 60 mins of hockey, unfortunatly that hasnt been their strong suit of late.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 06:26 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
on Sirius and the post game included the Sens announcers/ color guy disscussing the game plan against the Rangers....

Have the A-Train play Jagr just like Witt. Infact they made several references to physically nullifying Jaromir Jagr....

seems the word is out that our team is SOFT
You need to hear the Sens broadcast to find out what the plan is against Jagr?Come on man.Take away Jagr's time and space.He becomes frustrated way too easily

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 06:30 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
The Rangers are a soft team and if you forcheck the defence and hit them often, you will get turnovers.
Isn't that the only case with every NHL team and that philosophy has been around since day 1

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Sonny Lamateena

vCash: 50
This is why Jagr must play with Nylander and Straka, they have amazing chemistry, they know where each other are and they can make those short quick passes that can keep each other from getting crushed by carrying the puck too long.

Sonny Lamateena is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 08:42 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

When something happens once or twice, then someone else says it after the fact (like another teams announcer), it's automatically a rule.

It has nothing to do with one player playing above his head, and the other slumping along with his whole team.

12-28-2006, 09:42 AM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
You would be lynched if you suggested that on the Kings boards.
doesn't bother me. I am a Kings fan. Norstrom is to the Kings what Messier was to The Rangers the couple of year before he retired, remenents of fond memories that is overvalued on a non competative team and undervalued on a contender. As for Push, good prospect, but to many like him on the Kings. To aquire a offensive minded prospect to bolster the blueline where the only true talent is Jack Johnson is a no brainer.

funky is online now   Reply With Quote