HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jaroslav Bednar released, would he be worth picking up?

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 07:03 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

vCash: 500
Jaroslav Bednar released, would he be worth picking up?

The Panthers released Jaroslav Bednar today. He never fit in well with Keenan nor with Dudley apparently. I personally don't think he's worth bringing in as he won't make the Sabres better in the areas the really need to be better in, but I was wondering what others might think.

link

Quote:
SUNRISE - Florida Panthers General Manager and Head Coach Rick Dudley announced Monday that D Grant McNeill [right] has been reassigned to San Antonio of the American Hockey League, the club's top developmental affiliate, and RW Jaroslav Bednar has cleared unconditional waivers and come to a mutual release agreement with the team. Accordingly, Bednar is now no longer under contract with the Panthers.

"In Grant's case, we want him playing, developing and improving in San Antonio," Dudley said. "He's going to be an NHL player, he just needs to gain some more professional experience at the AHL level. With the play of some of our younger players recently, Jaroslav has not had the opportunity to play regularly here. We have had several players in the organization that we feel have moved by him on the depth chart, and we wanted to give him the opportunity to play elsewhere."

McNeill, 20, skated in three games since being recalled from the Rampage on Nov. 22. The 6-foot-2, 214-pound native of Vermilion, Alberta, made his NHL debut on Nov. 22 at Washington. McNeill has played 13 games with San Antonio this season and leads the Rampage in penalty minutes (51).

Bednar, 27, has appeared in 13 games with Florida this season, scoring one goal and adding an assist for two points. The 6-foot, 198-pound native of Prague, Czech Republic, began the season with the Rampage, scoring three points (two goals, one assist) in two games. He was recalled by the Panthers on Oct. 12.

Old
12-01-2003, 07:32 PM
BG43

You want Willy Wonka on our team?

If he's bringing his bag of goodies.. I'm in.

I think he'd be a pretty good pickup.. I watched him when he was with the Kings.. not too shabby

Old
12-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BironsGirl43

I think he'd be a pretty good pickup.. I watched him when he was with the Kings.. not too shabby
He was very shabby BG43... He's lazy, he takes shifts off and frankly, he doesn't backcheck.

He should go back to Europe. I mean if you can't play for Florida....

Old
12-01-2003, 08:16 PM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BironsGirl43

As good as the rabbit with the pancake on its head.

Old
12-02-2003, 11:03 AM
BG43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
He was very shabby BG43... He's lazy, he takes shifts off and frankly, he doesn't backcheck.

He should go back to Europe. I mean if you can't play for Florida....
Sounds like someone is just bitter that they didn't get any shnazzleberries..

I haven't seen him play since he was with the Kings and soon after that trade because it seemed like Florida won that trade.. I mean getting Lilja along with Bednar seemed like a steal for Yuskie who was released soon after.. he did well with them in that period.. but in all honesty.. I've paid no attention to him since then.. so thanks for setting me straight

Closed Thread