HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dec. 28th articles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2006, 06:28 AM
  #1
Terry O
Registered User
 
Terry O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NH:WILDCAT Country
Country: United States
Posts: 2,217
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Terry O
Dec. 28th articles

Globe
Play in third isn't first rate

Herald
It's not a total loss for Bruins

Terry O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 08:30 AM
  #2
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,531
vCash: 500
“This is an extremely tough trip,” Paul Mara said. “Columbus has highly skilled players on that team - (Rick) Nash, Vyborny, (Sergei) Fedorov. Nashville is one of the best teams in the league, top three or four, but people in Boston probably don’t even know there’s a team in Nashville. And Chicago is coming along well with some good young players.

“It’s too bad we, as people in Boston, don’t see much of the West.”


Pauly insulting our knowledge of hockey a little bit with this comment. This is deffinitely a tough roadie, I'd be real happy if we could take 3 points out of 4 against Nash and Chicago.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 08:45 AM
  #3
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
“This is an extremely tough trip,” Paul Mara said. “Columbus has highly skilled players on that team - (Rick) Nash, Vyborny, (Sergei) Fedorov. Nashville is one of the best teams in the league, top three or four, but people in Boston probably don’t even know there’s a team in Nashville. And Chicago is coming along well with some good young players.

“It’s too bad we, as people in Boston, don’t see much of the West.”


Pauly insulting our knowledge of hockey a little bit with this comment. This is deffinitely a tough roadie, I'd be real happy if we could take 3 points out of 4 against Nash and Chicago.
He is probably referring to those people who chant "USA, USA" at games. When Nashville comes to town there is a good chance they would still be chanting it.

Seriously....I think the oft stated "Bruins fans are the most knowledgeable fans in hockey" should be changed to "Some Bruin fans are the most knowledgeable, passionate fans in hockey....the rest are idiots"

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 08:52 AM
  #4
Boston Bruno
Registered User
 
Boston Bruno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,281
vCash: 500
Or perhaps it could be him stating that the people in Boston do not know much about these teams because they never see them in boston?

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 09:01 AM
  #5
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
He is probably referring to those people who chant "USA, USA" at games. When Nashville comes to town there is a good chance they would still be chanting it.

Seriously....I think the oft stated "Bruins fans are the most knowledgeable fans in hockey" should be changed to "Some Bruin fans are the most knowledgeable, passionate fans in hockey....the rest are idiots"
Ha yea I know I was being a little tounge-in-cheek. I think, make that I know there are tons of knowledgeable Bruins fans out there. Ones that not only watch B's games but others around the league. Then there are others that just watch the B's games, get drunk and chant USA as you mentioned.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 09:06 AM
  #6
Boston Bruno
Registered User
 
Boston Bruno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
Ha yea I know I was being a little tounge-in-cheek. I think, make that I know there are tons of knowledgeable Bruins fans out there. Ones that not only watch B's games but others around the league. Then there are others that just watch the B's games, get drunk and chant USA as you mentioned.
The same can be said for all teams..

Being in Calgary, I can assure you that all I hear now a days is "Who is that coach? Whats a tim thomas? Marc savard???? I thought he was in atlanta"..

Seriously.. I think Mara was more giving a shot to the NHL scheduling and the silly way that Boston and the West simply do not collide.

Farthest West the Bruins are going is on this road trip..

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 09:08 AM
  #7
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bruno View Post
The same can be said for all teams..

Being in Calgary, I can assure you that all I hear now a days is "Who is that coach? Whats a tim thomas? Marc savard???? I thought he was in atlanta"..

Seriously.. I think Mara was more giving a shot to the NHL scheduling and the silly way that Boston and the West simply do not collide.

Farthest West the Bruins are going is on this road trip..
I know that, I really wasn't trying to debate it or anything. Was just having a little fun with Pauls comments is all.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 09:11 AM
  #8
hckyguy14
Registered User
 
hckyguy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Country: United States
Posts: 10,271
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bruno View Post
Or perhaps it could be him stating that the people in Boston do not know much about these teams because they never see them in boston?
That's what I thought. I thought it was more of a shot at the schedule rather then at the fans or whatever.

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 09:15 AM
  #9
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,222
vCash: 500
While many people whine about the schedule it is these situations that you have to ask yourselves: Would I want to be watching a Toronto/Boston game tonight or a Chicago/Boston game tonight? Out of conference is boring and should be very limited.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 09:22 AM
  #10
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
While many people whine about the schedule it is these situations that you have to ask yourselves: Would I want to be watching a Toronto/Boston game tonight or a Chicago/Boston game tonight? Out of conference is boring and should be very limited.
I agree. While I'm admittedly somewhat excited about seeing teams we rarely see (Columbus, Nashville, Chicago) they obviously don't carry the same weight and are therefore less exciting. I still think we should play each team atleast once a year, or almost every team atleast once a year.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 11:05 AM
  #11
Bruins4life77*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
chicago/boston is boring? its original 6 dude thats not boring

Bruins4life77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.