Herald
It's not a total loss for Bruins

Terry O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 08:30 AM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

vCash: 500
“This is an extremely tough trip,” Paul Mara said. “Columbus has highly skilled players on that team - (Rick) Nash, Vyborny, (Sergei) Fedorov. Nashville is one of the best teams in the league, top three or four, but people in Boston probably don’t even know there’s a team in Nashville. And Chicago is coming along well with some good young players.

“It’s too bad we, as people in Boston, don’t see much of the West.”

Pauly insulting our knowledge of hockey a little bit with this comment. This is deffinitely a tough roadie, I'd be real happy if we could take 3 points out of 4 against Nash and Chicago.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
“This is an extremely tough trip,” Paul Mara said. “Columbus has highly skilled players on that team - (Rick) Nash, Vyborny, (Sergei) Fedorov. Nashville is one of the best teams in the league, top three or four, but people in Boston probably don’t even know there’s a team in Nashville. And Chicago is coming along well with some good young players.

“It’s too bad we, as people in Boston, don’t see much of the West.”

Pauly insulting our knowledge of hockey a little bit with this comment. This is deffinitely a tough roadie, I'd be real happy if we could take 3 points out of 4 against Nash and Chicago.
He is probably referring to those people who chant "USA, USA" at games. When Nashville comes to town there is a good chance they would still be chanting it.

Seriously....I think the oft stated "Bruins fans are the most knowledgeable fans in hockey" should be changed to "Some Bruin fans are the most knowledgeable, passionate fans in hockey....the rest are idiots"

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 08:52 AM
Boston Bruno

Or perhaps it could be him stating that the people in Boston do not know much about these teams because they never see them in boston?

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 09:01 AM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
He is probably referring to those people who chant "USA, USA" at games. When Nashville comes to town there is a good chance they would still be chanting it.

Seriously....I think the oft stated "Bruins fans are the most knowledgeable fans in hockey" should be changed to "Some Bruin fans are the most knowledgeable, passionate fans in hockey....the rest are idiots"
Ha yea I know I was being a little tounge-in-cheek. I think, make that I know there are tons of knowledgeable Bruins fans out there. Ones that not only watch B's games but others around the league. Then there are others that just watch the B's games, get drunk and chant USA as you mentioned.

Old
12-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Boston Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
Ha yea I know I was being a little tounge-in-cheek. I think, make that I know there are tons of knowledgeable Bruins fans out there. Ones that not only watch B's games but others around the league. Then there are others that just watch the B's games, get drunk and chant USA as you mentioned.
The same can be said for all teams..

Being in Calgary, I can assure you that all I hear now a days is "Who is that coach? Whats a tim thomas? Marc savard???? I thought he was in atlanta"..

Seriously.. I think Mara was more giving a shot to the NHL scheduling and the silly way that Boston and the West simply do not collide.

Farthest West the Bruins are going is on this road trip..

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 09:08 AM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bruno View Post
The same can be said for all teams..

Being in Calgary, I can assure you that all I hear now a days is "Who is that coach? Whats a tim thomas? Marc savard???? I thought he was in atlanta"..

Seriously.. I think Mara was more giving a shot to the NHL scheduling and the silly way that Boston and the West simply do not collide.

Farthest West the Bruins are going is on this road trip..
I know that, I really wasn't trying to debate it or anything. Was just having a little fun with Pauls comments is all.

Old
12-28-2006, 09:11 AM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bruno View Post
Or perhaps it could be him stating that the people in Boston do not know much about these teams because they never see them in boston?
That's what I thought. I thought it was more of a shot at the schedule rather then at the fans or whatever.

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Bruwinz37

While many people whine about the schedule it is these situations that you have to ask yourselves: Would I want to be watching a Toronto/Boston game tonight or a Chicago/Boston game tonight? Out of conference is boring and should be very limited.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 09:22 AM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
While many people whine about the schedule it is these situations that you have to ask yourselves: Would I want to be watching a Toronto/Boston game tonight or a Chicago/Boston game tonight? Out of conference is boring and should be very limited.
I agree. While I'm admittedly somewhat excited about seeing teams we rarely see (Columbus, Nashville, Chicago) they obviously don't carry the same weight and are therefore less exciting. I still think we should play each team atleast once a year, or almost every team atleast once a year.

Old
12-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Bruins4life77*

chicago/boston is boring? its original 6 dude thats not boring

Bruins4life77* is offline   Reply With Quote