Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Czech Elite League Question

Old
12-28-2006, 09:22 AM
boourns

vCash: 500
Czech Elite League Question

Hello,

I was hoping someone here could answer a quick question for me. A friend and I are going to be in Prague and we have decided to go to a game between HC Slavia and Pardubice. Unfortunately the team websites are notr very helpful so I was wondering if anyone can tell if there are any players to keep an eye on, either NHL prospects or just good players. Thanks in advance.

boourns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Rexor

Out of Slavia players, I'd focus mainly on Adam Svoboda (one of the best Czech
goalies outside the NHL), Jaroslav Bednář (has played about 100 games in the NHL
for LA and Florida respectively, a skilled winger) and Josef Beránek (former long-
time NHLer). Vladimír Sobotka is a promising young player, but he is playing in the WJC right now.
The most interesting Pardubice player is Petr Sýkora, an explosive winger with a
big frame and a great shot. He's rather soft and lacks a better decision making, but
his combination of size and speed is world class. He's had health problems, not
sure if he'll be ready for that game.
Ján Lašák is arguably the best Slovak goaltender, has a lot of international experience. Jan Čaloun is a former NHLer, holds some scoring records in the Finnish
league. He's not in a particularly good shape this season though.
Peter Púcher is a skilled creative centerman, one of the best playmakers in recent
Extraleague seasons.

Last edited by Rexor: 12-29-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Rexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 05:13 AM
boourns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
goalies outside the NHL), Jaroslav Bednář (has played about 100 games in the NHL
for LA and Florida respectively, a skilled winger) and Josef Beránek (former long-
time NHLer). Vladimír Sobotka is a promising young player, but he is playing in the WJC right now.
The most interesting Pardubice player is Petr Sýkora, an explosive winger with a
big frame and a great shot. He's rather soft and lacks a better decision making, but
Ján Lašák is arguably the best Slovak goaltender, has a lot of international experience. Jan Čaloun is a former NHLer, holds some scoring records in the Finnish
Peter Púcher is a skilled creative centerman, one of the best playmakers in recent
Extraleague seasons.
Thanks alot. I really appreciate it

Old
12-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Spartan

Why, the heck, would anybody wish to see Slavia (doing very bad this season)whilst he could as well see the champion of the league(Sparta) in the same town?
For a much lower price, and there´s a bigger audience, better hockey, more tradition, better atmosphere than in "Kaspar (Sazka)-Arena"!
Well on saturday, january 20th 2006, you have the chance to see both teams clash, look it up here:

http://www.hcsparta.cz/zapas.asp

or here: (all the matches of the regular season)

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&webid=391&view=

Besides that, I have to say that there are much better goalkeepers in the extraliga than Adam Svoboda, just take a look at the stats:

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?view=s...onpage=40&act=

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 03:07 PM
boourns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
Why, the heck, would anybody wish to see Slavia (doing very bad this season)whilst he could as well see the champion of the league(Sparta) in the same town?
For a much lower price, and there´s a bigger audience, better hockey, more tradition, better atmosphere than in "Kaspar (Sazka)-Arena"!
Well on saturday, january 20th 2006, you have the chance to see both teams clash, look it up here:

http://www.hcsparta.cz/zapas.asp

or here: (all the matches of the regular season)

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&webid=391&view=

Besides that, I have to say that there are much better goalkeepers in the extraliga than Adam Svoboda, just take a look at the stats:

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?view=s...onpage=40&act=
Just wanted to say that the Slavia Pradubice game was unbelievable. Not sure if you are right on if they are crap, but tonight they killed 7-2, and there was nothing but good times. There was a penalty shot, a dominating fight, RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR SEATS, and to tell you what, from eveyone I talked to, Sparta sucks balls.

PS. I am really glad I ignored your rude comments with respect to the best damn team in the Extraliga. Thanks for making your thoughts and feelings about the Czech Elite League completely disregardable.

Old
01-02-2007, 03:10 PM
boourns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
Extraleague seasons.
Rexor, thanks again for your fantastic insight about both teams. Svoboda was lights out and had the best post game celebration we have ever seen. Bednar was also solid, and Sykora scored one of the two goals for Pardubice. Appreciate it, and hope I can return the favour some day

Old
01-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Spartan

Ignorant and proud of it?

So you enjoyed the match? Good for you!

Unfortunately you did not seem to understand my effort to give you some information (links with stats-facts!!) quite alright.

The "buzzeranti" (gays) part of your reply might suit for a league insider (though the: Sparta, Sparta, buzzerantu parta" vers is rather good for the kindergarten), but you pretended to watch a match for the first? time and I would recommend to hold yourself back with rude remarks concerning a team you obviously never watched..

The Sazka-Arena,by the way, is disliked very much by the waist majority of the supporters of Slavia themselves..mainly because ticket prices (and food and beer!)there are much higher than in the rest of the league. The Slavia corporation is experiencing serious financial trouble because they have to pay so much for the hall..and the hall running company itself is in financial troubles. To big, to expensive for a (still) not very wealthy country.

So you know, that Slavia is the best team in the league?
How do you know after watching just 1 !!!!! match?
Did you ever watch the White Tigers of Liberec?
Did you ever watch Ceske Budejovice. How can you dare to judge without having informed yourself thoroughly?

Sending you the links was a try to give you at least a little bit of objektiv information.

But:

".......a knavish speech sleeps in a foolish ear." (Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act IV)

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote