HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Official GDT 12/28/06: Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2006, 09:05 PM
IcePalace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
Oh i go to sleep and they're only down by one, come on boys!!

faith>>>>
My clapping must have woken you. I'm sorry to wake you in time to see us lose a game we never should have lost.

Old
12-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
It's official. Tampa are now slumpbusters. A winless in 7 Leafs beat us, and now, the worst team in the NHL, winless in their last 10, winless in their last 10 meetings with Tampa, comes in to Tampa and wins the game. The absolute craptitude of this team has now gone far beyond anything we've seen so far this season. We just made ROBERT ESCHE look reallllllly damn good.

The guy is giving up 90 foot rebounds all night, but we can't seem to get these guys to stop being worried about their hair long enough to get dirty in there. I hope those guys understand that if Florida gets even one point tomorrow night, they're DEAD LAST in the southeast.

Have fun guys, I hope the next time you play, you might be interested before the 45 minute mark.

Old
12-28-2006, 09:08 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
It's official. Tampa are now slumpbusters. A winless in 7 Leafs beat us, and now, the worst team in the NHL, winless in their last 10, winless in their last 10 meetings with Tampa, comes in to Tampa and wins the game. The absolute craptitude of this team has now gone far beyond anything we've seen so far this season. We just made ROBERT ESCHE look reallllllly damn good.

The guy is giving up 90 foot rebounds all night, but we can't seem to get these guys to stop being worried about their hair long enough to get dirty in there. I hope those guys understand that if Florida gets even one point tomorrow night, they're DEAD LAST in the southeast.

Have fun guys, I hope the next time you play, you might be interested before the 45 minute mark.
It's sad, it's REALLY sad, but I actually agree with you. This was indeed a craptacular performance.

The rebounds were long, and the Flyers have a tendency to pile everyone in front of the net so that second chances don't make it, but that's no excuse with the talent on this team, if they could find that hole on Holmqvist for their first goal, we should have been able to fire one directly through Esche's glove.

Old
12-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePalace View Post
My clapping must have woken you. I'm sorry to wake you in time to see us lose a game we never should have lost.
No problem, im going back to bed trying to forget about the game.

Old
12-28-2006, 09:12 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
No problem, im going back to bed trying to forget about the game.
You're going to have to drink a whole lotta nyquil. Feel better.

Old
12-28-2006, 09:18 PM
IcePalace

By the way, does anyone else find it completely funny that the Toronto "War Room" has about five people watching the same feeds we're watching? 5 people to watch every game each night in the NHL!?

We all disagree on what a goal was and what wasn't a goal and we're watching the same thing they are! They didn't even have the direct feed! For that they might as well have five fans from each side decide on it. I mean that's pretty sad. I would have at least expected the hockey league to get their own 720p feeds so that there aren't any problems when pausing interlaced video.

I did like that, for once, they actually mentioned, strongly, that the goal in the Thrashers game was very controversial. I'm also glad they showed us how much of a joke the "War Room" is.

Old
12-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Hockeyfan02

Tampa Bay Lightning hockey: built for inconsistency. That should be the new slogan on the commercials.

Old
12-28-2006, 09:47 PM
GWF82

Send a message via AIM to GWF82
Quote:
By the way, does anyone else find it completely funny that the Toronto "War Room" has about five people watching the same feeds we're watching? 5 people to watch every game each night in the NHL!?

We all disagree on what a goal was and what wasn't a goal and we're watching the same thing they are! They didn't even have the direct feed! For that they might as well have five fans from each side decide on it. I mean that's pretty sad. I would have at least expected the hockey league to get their own 720p feeds so that there aren't any problems when pausing interlaced video.

I did like that, for once, they actually mentioned, strongly, that the goal in the Thrashers game was very controversial. I'm also glad they showed us how much of a joke the "War Room" is.

Problem is, I believe but I could be wrong, that this was what was agreed to by the owners and the players. So we cant blame Toronto for using what theyre allowed.

Old
12-28-2006, 10:17 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWF82 View Post
Problem is, I believe but I could be wrong, that this was what was agreed to by the owners and the players. So we cant blame Toronto for using what theyre allowed.
That's fair, but that might make it an even bigger joke, or they didn't realize the scale of the operations.

Old
12-28-2006, 10:48 PM
gobolt7

Well, that was a total and complete joke. There is NO excuse for losing to that team. None what so ever. We held every single mental advantage one could hold over a them, and we came out flat. We have lost all of that. All the momentum we had built against that franchise and that city is gone, because we showed up flat. We finally look like we are turning a corner, and we blow a tire against a team in disarray. I am disgusted right now.

Enough of the rumors of potential shakeups to get people motivated, changes need to be made NOW. Heads need to roll. The current version of the Tampa Bay Lightning is nothing more than a big tease. They get hopes up, only to crush them like bugs. The current version of the Tampa Bay Lightning is doing nothing more then re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The ship, as it stands right now, is taking on water.

And when I say changes need to be made, I would not suggest Fedetenko be one of those changes. He is about the only player on the ice that gives a damn for more than 10 minutes.

Oh, and we were being scouted by Dudley tonight. He is probably enjoying a good laugh at what this team has become.

Old
12-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Tokala

Craptacular...that's it in a nutshell.

I've got nothin' else cause the Lightning were slackers too.

Old
12-29-2006, 05:23 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
It is now offical..no play-offs this season

Old
12-29-2006, 07:30 AM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
It is now offical..no play-offs this season
I wouldn't go that far yet. There's time to turn it around.

Old
12-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Tokala

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far yet. There's time to turn it around.
The team might be there, but they're going to have a tough sell to get the fans to believe that they're going to actually be competitive.

Old
12-29-2006, 09:32 AM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
The team might be there, but they're going to have a tough sell to get the fans to believe that they're going to actually be competitive.
Two years ago, they wouldn't have even have had to think twice to convince me, but the lackluster efforts and letdowns night after night even have me losing interest. I turned to the person I was with at one point last night, and commented on how dead it was in the arena. I was not in my normal seats and was almost touching the roof, but there were times when I could hear and make out what the players on the ice were saying. There used to be a time when the building was electric, where you could feel the energy. Anymore, its more like a museum or a library in that building. The excitement is gone.

There was only one time when I felt the same buzz this year that used to be there. It was after the Roy fight against Buffalo, and it only lasted a minute or two. Part of this, IMO, has to go on the coaching staff. They don't allow players to hit and be physical, and that used to be masked by winning. Now that that has gone away, all that is left is the crap they call a system, that is not working anymore.

This organization seems to have forgotten the one most important aspect of what the "New NHL" is supposed to be about. It is supposed to be about entertainment. Each and everyone of them that are employed by the the team are in the entertainment business first and foremost. That seems to have been forgotten, and it really is a shame.

Old
12-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Maria

I agree that we need changes, but who do we trade??

Old
12-29-2006, 10:01 AM
gobolt7

Quote:
I agree that we need changes, but who do we trade??
I am of the belief that the talent is here to win. We have won with the main talent that is here now in the past. I feel that the mentlity of "this coaching staff did not get stupid overnight" is the wrong mentality and one that is costing us dearly now. While Feaster may be right in the belief that they did not get stupid overnight, he is not realizing that other coaches in this league got smarter and obviously know how to defend this system. For whatever reason, this coaching staff does not seem to have the ability or desire to recognize that.

Old
12-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Hockeyfan02

I get what you're saying Mike and agree with you, but their first order of business should be winning hockey games not entertainment. Winning hockey games brings excitement(unless you're New Jersey). If this team was 4th or 5th in the conference, I don't think it's an issue.

I completely agree about the system. I'm not one of those fans who thinks there should be violence in every game with 3 fights every game. But I do like to see hitting, it's what makes the game fun to watch. One of my favorite memories of the 04 run was Roenick skating along the Bolts blueline in game 7 and Sarich laying him out. It set the tone. I remember when I would venture to other teams boards that year and they talked about how the Lightning would be an easy playoff opponent, yet when teams like the Flyers and Flames would try to take runs, they answered the bell and at times looked more physical. This system is letting teams come over the blue line and not standing them up at the blue line is ridiculous. I know there are guys on the blueline who can play physical. We've seen Sarich play physical before, Pratt can be that way too, Boyle can throw some good hits when he wants to. Of course, maybe the defense doesn't catch as much heat if the team wasn't tied for dead last in save percentage.

I'm just.... frustrated/depressed. We know this team can be better and I think the pieces are there for this team to succeed. I'm not pessimistic, but I don't think the changes needed will be made in time to save this season and a move is going to be made that I don't want to see be made because of it. I fear that one of the big 3 will be gone and I'd prefer to see all 3 of them finish their careers as Bolts with their jerseys raised 15-20 years from now. I like Torts and think he is one of the best coaches in the league, appreciate everything he has done for this franchise but there comes a time with every coach where the fan base starts to question if he's going to be able to get the job done. I'm starting to reach that point. I'm not calling for his job and I don't think I ever will, but I don't think Torts will be able to right the ship.

Old
12-29-2006, 01:49 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I get what you're saying Mike and agree with you, but their first order of business should be winning hockey games not entertainment. Winning hockey games brings excitement(unless you're New Jersey). If this team was 4th or 5th in the conference, I don't think it's an issue.

I completely agree about the system. I'm not one of those fans who thinks there should be violence in every game with 3 fights every game. But I do like to see hitting, it's what makes the game fun to watch. One of my favorite memories of the 04 run was Roenick skating along the Bolts blueline in game 7 and Sarich laying him out. It set the tone. I remember when I would venture to other teams boards that year and they talked about how the Lightning would be an easy playoff opponent, yet when teams like the Flyers and Flames would try to take runs, they answered the bell and at times looked more physical. This system is letting teams come over the blue line and not standing them up at the blue line is ridiculous. I know there are guys on the blueline who can play physical. We've seen Sarich play physical before, Pratt can be that way too, Boyle can throw some good hits when he wants to. Of course, maybe the defense doesn't catch as much heat if the team wasn't tied for dead last in save percentage.

I'm just.... frustrated/depressed. We know this team can be better and I think the pieces are there for this team to succeed. I'm not pessimistic, but I don't think the changes needed will be made in time to save this season and a move is going to be made that I don't want to see be made because of it. I fear that one of the big 3 will be gone and I'd prefer to see all 3 of them finish their careers as Bolts with their jerseys raised 15-20 years from now. I like Torts and think he is one of the best coaches in the league, appreciate everything he has done for this franchise but there comes a time with every coach where the fan base starts to question if he's going to be able to get the job done. I'm starting to reach that point. I'm not calling for his job and I don't think I ever will, but I don't think Torts will be able to right the ship.
Well I'll call for his job. His system doesn't work and he refuses to change anything and he and Feaster are the only two humans on the face of the planet too ****ing stupid not to see it.

And I'm also not so sure that this team can be any better. It certainly can't under this system and I'm not sure at all it could be under a new one. The defense and goaltending flat out suck and a new system probably isn't going to change that. I have never seen in my almost 30 years of watching this awesome game so many inconsistent goaltending nights as I have seen with this team over the last season and a half now with 4 different goaltenders. And friends, I honestly believe that is because of coaching. I watch a ton of CBJ games. I saw Denis alot over the past two seasons prior to this one. He WAS the reason I watched CBus so much because he was exciting and awesome. He comes here and he looks like Sean Burke for Christ's sake. Holmqvist looks like Patrick Roy one period and John ****ing Grahame the next. It's minute to minute inconsistency with these guys. I just don't believe there is enough being done by the coaching staff to solidify the goaltending position. I saw one shot of Denis sitting on the bench last night and to me he looked like he just didn't give a flying **** what was happening. This is a serious implosion we are watching every night and it is one that could last for years, not a couple of weeks.

I have to stop..............I'm sorry.

Old
12-29-2006, 03:27 PM
OptimismRestrainer

The really, really, REALLY sad part is we have 2 guys that are having wonderful, MVP type years and they will have nothing to show for it. It's just a ****ing shame.

Old
12-29-2006, 03:37 PM
missK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
The really, really, REALLY sad part is we have 2 guys that are having wonderful, MVP type years and they will have nothing to show for it. It's just a ****ing shame.
I agree, it's a darn shame

Old
12-29-2006, 03:49 PM
boltsgirl41922

Send a message via AIM to boltsgirl41922 Send a message via MSN to boltsgirl41922
Because I am who I am, I'll ignore everything that has been said before, and put in my own two cents instead of doing the homework I'm supposed to be doing.

As usual, maybe I'm the only one who misses JG and Burkie, but at least with Burkie in net against the Flyers we had a goalie who made saves (and actually competed - he and Esche are best friends...).

At least with our goalies from last year we werent ranked 13th in the East, without hope appearing on the horizon. Oh, and we had Freddy Modin.

I say we offer the Canes holmqvist and Denis and ask for Johnny, and call up Burkie (we'd clear around $2.6 million this year, and around $2.4 next year, and be free to sign any goalie we want as backup this coming summer, and a new goalie the summer after).

Am I the only one who thinks at least making the playoffs is better than being 13th?

Old
12-29-2006, 03:51 PM
boltsgirl41922

Send a message via AIM to boltsgirl41922 Send a message via MSN to boltsgirl41922
I think the problem is goaltending. As has been pointed out before, we have the offensive production coming from the top, and we have some coming from the defense.

I swear, if I hear how we've not solved the problem of khabibulin leaving one more time (I dont care if its true or not) I might have to scream.

Old
12-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsgirl41922 View Post
I think the problem is goaltending. As has been pointed out before, we have the offensive production coming from the top, and we have some coming from the defense.

I swear, if I hear how we've not solved the problem of khabibulin leaving one more time (I dont care if its true or not) I might have to scream.
Scream away.

Any of the guys that have goaltended for the Lightning since 10/05 don't compare to the ability or skill of Khabibulin.

Old
12-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
I agree, it's a darn shame
Make it three, it's unreal that those two are playing amazing but the team is doing so poorly.

Closed Thread