HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT's: Game 1 (Fri) Blues @ Avs, Game 2 (Sat) Avs @ Blues

Old
12-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

vCash: 500
All this "fire the coach" talk is ridiculous. It's not the coaching fellas, it's the crappy roster Larcoix and Giguere have put together. Look at the quality of the players on this team. In the last 2 years this team has lost Peter Forsberg, Alex Tanguay, Teemu Selanne, Paul Kariya, Adam Foote, Dan Hinote, and Rob Blake. And they have been replaced with the likes of Brett McLean, Brett Clark, Patrice Brisebois, Pierre Turgeon, Karlis Skrastins, Antti Laaksonen, Ossi Vaananen, and several 1st and 2nd year players in Stastny, Wolski, Richardson, and Svatos. And the goal tending has gotten worse.

I'm sorry, but it wouldn't matter who the coach is, this team is average at best. IMO, Q has done a good job just keeping this team in playoff contention.

Until this roster is overhauled with some better players, this team will continue to be average. Period.

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 12:44 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBrad View Post
All this "fire the coach" talk is ridiculous. It's not the coaching fellas, it's the crappy roster Larcoix and Giguere have put together. Look at the quality of the players on this team. In the last 2 years this team has lost Peter Forsberg, Alex Tanguay, Teemu Selanne, Paul Kariya, Adam Foote, Dan Hinote, and Rob Blake. And they have been replaced with the likes of Brett McLean, Brett Clark, Patrice Brisebois, Pierre Turgeon, Karlis Skrastins, Antti Laaksonen, Ossi Vaananen, and several 1st and 2nd year players in Stastny, Wolski, Richardson, and Svatos. And the goal tending has gotten worse.

I'm sorry, but it wouldn't matter who the coach is, this team is average at best. IMO, Q has done a good job just keeping this team in playoff contention.

Until this roster is overhauled with some better players, this team will continue to be average. Period.
So what's your opinion on Bill Callahan and Frank Solich?

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 01:31 PM
chiavsfan

Quote:

Damn that salary cap. Can't keep em all.

And I wouldn't describe a broken Teemu Selanne as one that got away more like a whiner who didn't disclose until the end of the season that he was hurt all year...THEN blamed it on Granato anyway. THEN got surgery, got the year off (Lockout) and rejuvinated his career

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 02:11 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Look at the quality of the players on this team. In the last 2 years this team has lost Peter Forsberg, Alex Tanguay, Teemu Selanne, Paul Kariya, Adam Foote, Dan Hinote, and Rob Blake.
I'm once again reminded of the old Sesame Street song...

"One of these things is not like the others... one of these things doesn't belong."

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 02:27 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SectionX View Post
It was Kevin and Keele, the infamous siblings hating on "Yugo"

I haven't spoke to them in like 5 years. I miss them
I don't, lol

I consitantly had to defend Sakic on the boards.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 02:29 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SectionX View Post
you guys are crazy :/

jori_4_dsf and jori_4_hejduk is the only one with common sense as usual

I remember you from ESPN boards, also I was at denverpost forum once as golden9900
OMG, golden??? Hey man, I haven't seen you in ages! I used to go under the name "MrSakic19"

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 07:22 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:

Selanne and Kariya weren't playing well for the avs, Selanne had 32 pts in 78 games and Kariya had 36 pts in 51 games. Larcoix was right to let them go.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Allen Degenerate
Rookie User

vCash: 50
Quote:

The thing about that is that no team is going to have a Sakic, Forsberg, Selanne, Kariya, Tanguy, and Foote. It just isn't possible due to the salary cap. However because the salary cap is in place, it does ensure that one team isn't so far above others when it comes to talent. If a coaching change can turn around the Blue Jackets and Blues, why can't it do the same for the Avs?

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 08:55 PM
volaju

Right. I don't see the problems that the Avs are having now as being related solely to the roster. The Avs don't show much effort on most nights -- that reflects poor coaching. Not to mention the boneheaded juggling of lines, mismanagement of players (Sakic on the point?? WHYYYYY), goalie confidence killing, etc. It's not like the Avs can't put the puck in the net -- they do quite regularly. Just not when it matters. These are coaching related issues, IMO.

Sure, we'd benefit from having some more size on the roster and some more skill on the back end, but we can't expect to have a perfect team every year. What I do expect is to have a coach that gets them to play every game like their life depends on it. I wouldn't be surprised if we HAD that perfect roster and the team still suffered from these issues, with Q behind the bench.

volaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 09:04 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LS9 View Post
OMG, golden??? Hey man, I haven't seen you in ages! I used to go under the name "MrSakic19"

NICE TO SEE YA MAN xD

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 10:06 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

I never posted on the DenverPost or RMN message boards...although I did on the old Avs board as well as the ESPN boards...trouble is, I just don't remember what me name was. Probably along the lines of KSGuy.

I remember Chiavsfan, Dario, Jori and Cazzy from the ESPN boards.

To try and stay on topic here...it may just be me, but it doesn't really surprise me that this team was in 1st before the Christmas break, and now finds itself in last place in the division...doesn't surprise me one bit.

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 06:53 AM
chiavsfan

I was never on ESPN's boards...so it may have been someone else..

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote