HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

What is with Owen Sound ?

Old
12-29-2006, 09:36 AM
leafmon

vCash: 500
What is with Owen Sound ?

I've only seen them once and they seem to have a roster full of talent but they currently sport a 17 - 15 record. I'd like to hear what others think on the subject.

leafmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 10:21 AM
FearTheFlyers

Bad management and worse coaching.

Definitely need some depth scoring if they are going to make any noise.

Whole season has been a disaster really, if not for Ryan I don't see them winning a game in the last 6 weeks.

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 05:21 PM
DMighton

I grew up watching the Platers... I admit I have never really gotten into the Attack.. but they (since moving from Guelph) are a franchise that is notorious for having tons of potential with little results. Even in the mid-90s.... Jamie Storr, Kevin Weekes, Wayne Primeau, Scott Walker, Andrew Brunette, etc.... never did much. Later... Brent Johnson, Curtis Sanford, Sean Avery, Dan Snyder... one decent season... but fell apart in the semis....

DMighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 08:47 PM
inferno98

won there past 2 games

every1 is saying Ryan and Lewis need to be on two separate lines and ryan i believe has 8 points in his last 2 games with Lewis being at the WJC.

If Sanguinetti starts getting hot again I would watch out for them in the second part of the season

inferno98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 04:12 PM
rangerfan

Attack

i think that the attack are in the same boat as the otters and the storm. these teams need to start rebulding. AND when your team is built around a player like Bobby Ryan...you have got to be kidding me. i think that the year olds that play in the tim bit mini minor hockey games during the 2nd intermision at the Ranger Games can skate faster than Bobbly Ryan. He is a floater thats best position on the ice is standing still, becuae he wont want to embarass himself skating. Another dissapointment going into the NHL

rangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 07:41 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan View Post
i think that the attack are in the same boat as the otters and the storm. these teams need to start rebulding. AND when your team is built around a player like Bobby Ryan...you have got to be kidding me. i think that the year olds that play in the tim bit mini minor hockey games during the 2nd intermision at the Ranger Games can skate faster than Bobbly Ryan. He is a floater thats best position on the ice is standing still, becuae he wont want to embarass himself skating. Another dissapointment going into the NHL
Sounds like a bitter Ranger fan after Ryan embarrased Boris and co in the playoffs last year.

Old
01-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFlyers View Post
Sounds like a bitter Ranger fan after Ryan embarrased Boris and co in the playoffs last year.
Do you think the Attack would consider trading Ryan? They would probably get a lot for him. It seems as though ever since Ryan started playing for the Attack, they consistently under-achieve.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:19 PM
rangerfan

I think traqde or no trade...the attack are going no where...embarass boris and co. ha you are funny...boris will be a better, more effective player in the NHL than Ryan will be any day...Ryan couldnt even get invited to the team USA World Junior Team...and they had more no names than anything...ever since he was drafted, it was down from there

Old
01-05-2007, 09:20 PM
rangerfan

I think trade or no trade...the attack are going no where...embarass boris and co. ha you are funny...boris will be a better, more effective player in the NHL than Ryan will be any day...Ryan couldnt even get invited to the team USA World Junior Team...and they had more no names than anything...ever since he was drafted, it was down from there

Old
01-05-2007, 09:31 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Do you think the Attack would consider trading Ryan? They would probably get a lot for him. It seems as though ever since Ryan started playing for the Attack, they consistently under-achieve.
I think it would be certainly an option, if they hadn't alreayd mortgaged the future by giving up Bailey for Guadagnolo. Now I think you try to add a little scoring and give it a run and hope Ryan can step it up big in the playoffs and carry the team even more than he is doing now.

I don't think they underachieved last year, knocking off the favored Rangers and taking the Knights to 6.

Old
01-05-2007, 09:33 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
I think traqde or no trade...the attack are going no where...embarass boris and co. ha you are funny...boris will be a better, more effective player in the NHL than Ryan will be any day...Ryan couldnt even get invited to the team USA World Junior Team...and they had more no names than anything...ever since he was drafted, it was down from there
May I introduce you to my good friend Mr Ig Nor Elist.

He's Norwegian.

Old
01-05-2007, 09:51 PM
rangerfan

well this year they are almost underacheiving jsut as much as another team i know...and i thnk you know to...the Philedelphia Flyers...having theat picture must be embarassing

Old
01-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
well this year they are almost underacheiving jsut as much as another team i know...and i thnk you know to...the Philedelphia Flyers...having theat picture must be embarassing
Are you 12? Seriously. Stop being such a ****ing homer.

Valabik a better NHLer than Ryan? Please.

And yeah, it must be embarassing being a Flyers fan. It's amazing how one bad year erases dozens of good ones in the small minds of some people.

Old
01-06-2007, 12:02 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Are you 12? Seriously. Stop being such a ****ing homer.

Valabik a better NHLer than Ryan? Please.

And yeah, it must be embarassing being a Flyers fan. It's amazing how one bad year erases dozens of good ones in the small minds of some people.
How ironic the most respected Rangers fan on this forum is also a Flyers fan.

Old
01-06-2007, 01:56 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
I think it would be certainly an option, if they hadn't alreayd mortgaged the future by giving up Bailey for Guadagnolo. Now I think you try to add a little scoring and give it a run and hope Ryan can step it up big in the playoffs and carry the team even more than he is doing now.

I don't think they underachieved last year, knocking off the favored Rangers and taking the Knights to 6.
You're right, I had forgotten about last year. I really thought they'd knock off the Knights. Still, it seems like every season we hear how it's Owen Sound's year, and every year I read post after post of disappointment from their fans. I really thought they'd bring one home during Ryan's tenure.

Old
01-06-2007, 12:23 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
I really thought they'd bring one home during Ryan's tenure.
Right there is why it's still a buying mode than selling.

Old
01-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Right there is why it's still a buying mode than selling.
True. However they were just passed in the standings by the Storm, who quite frankly, suck. They get by on over-achieving grinders and haven't had more than 3 defensemen in the lineup for the last month (missing Parent at the WJC, Pottruff to suspension and a rookie to mono).

Old
01-06-2007, 12:54 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
True. However they were just passed in the standings by the Storm, who quite frankly, suck. .
Well, the Attack, quite frankly, suck.

Old
01-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Well, the Attack, quite frankly, suck.
Then they shouldn't be buyers.

Old
01-08-2007, 12:50 PM
DaaaaB's

How has Anton Hedman been playing this year?

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 01:00 PM
hockeyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
How has Anton Hedman been playing this year?
Pretty good.

How the hell does Bobby Ryan get suspended for fighting?

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 01:31 PM
OHLArenaGuide

Quote:
Just like how St. Louis is not a hockey town because they've had some attendance problems the past two years (never mind the previous 35+), and how Buffalo doesn't support the Sabres because they had attendance problems in the early 2000s (never mind that in 36 years they've been under 90% capacity exactly FOUR TIMES, and are sold out for the year right now).

Ignorance is the only disease that a huge swath of people who have it refuse to try to cure.

OHLArenaGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 02:25 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Seriously.. Boris a better NHL'er than Ryan? Give me some of what you've been smoking. Boris is just waayy to slow for today's NHL.

thomasincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 06:32 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
Pretty good.

Spoken like someone who took a quick glance at a stat sheet.

He's been awful. Waste of a spot.

Old
01-08-2007, 06:33 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
How the hell does Bobby Ryan get suspended for fighting?
Hmm..

Is that a trick question?